Where do I start?

butwhy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6180 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All, I'm new here!!

I have already sent my preliminary letter following the examples I found on the BBC's website and now am starting to receive responses from the banks.

However, I am a little confused as to how I should be responding and if there is a standardised template letter that I can use to follow the next step of the process.

To summarise, I have received one part offer from Barclaycard of £91 (£156 less than the owed amount) and a total rejection from Lloyds TSB (charges totalling £1,346)

My preliminary letter did not include interest charges as I wasn't aware that I could claim for these, so where do I now stand?

Is there any template letters I can use to send my responses and what are the next steps I should be taking?

I would appreciate any help as this is all quite overwhelming and the legal terminology and "threats" from the banks are fairly intimidating :confused:

Thanks in advance :)

LLoyds TSB: £954.09 Sent LBA, refused to refund.

Lloyds TSB Credit Card: £392 - THEY REFUSE TO CANCEL THE CHARGES!!

Mis-sold PPI. Current figure is £814 including 8% interest.

BarclayCard: £306.12 - SETTLED IN FULL VIA FOS!

Abbey: £52 - No response yet. Sent LBA

NatWest: £30 - SETTLED IN FULL!

Hi Michael,

WOW what a quick response!! Thanks for those links, I am slowly reading through these now :)

Am a little confused as to what Barclaycard's offer means. This is what they said:

I am sorry you feel the charges you have incurred are unfair. We beleive that our charges are both fair and transparent, and we make them clear in our terms and condidtions, and the reverse of every monthly statement.

In your correspondence you have outlined a legal argument which you say supports your view. As i am sure you will appreciate Barclaycard is aware of all the information you have drawn to our attention. I must inform you however, that we disagree with your legal analysis.

Putting the above to one side, as a goodwill and without any admission of liability, I am prepared to credit your account with the difference between the charges that you have incurred and the £12 fee. Please be advised that from 1st August 2006, Barclaycard reduced its fee to £12 following the publication of the statemnet by the OFT. This would amount to £136.00. The crdeit will be reflected on your nect statement. However, if your account is already closed, it will be neccessary for you to contact us to confirm your bank sort code and account number, this will enable us to process a refund to you.

Blah blah... it goes on.

Does this mean that I now need to send Rejection of settlement offer letter (letter 1)

Great, thank you :)

Sorry for sounding dumb! greatly appreciate the help :)

Ok, sorry to be a pain but i have a slight problem (I think)

My 1st letter was dated 31/05/07, but I sent it by recorded delivery on 02/06/07.

I then received a response dated 06/06/07 but this would have taken a couple of days in the post (and I was away on holiday from 07/06 - 12/06.

Today is 15/06/07, so in technicalities, where does the 14 day period end?!

And do I give them 14 days from the day I date my letter or from the date it was posted?

LOL!

All printed and ready to be sent tommorrow morning. They won't receive until 18th, so YAY!!!

Thanks so much all :)

Gonna sit back and wait on that one now :)