Civil Enforcement Ltd (again!)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4774 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi, I have received a parking contravention enforcement notice for £40 (if paid within 14 days or £70). The car park is at a shopping mall and is free for 3 hours but I had overstayed while doing my Christmas shopping. I have read other posts and people are advising not to pay these people. It is also concerning me that someone has said that they are being investigated by trading standards. What do I do?

Your asking a question to which you have already answered in a previous sentance - ie do nothing.

Your PPC Invoice is issued under the assumption a contract existes between the driver and the landowner/agent. Under civil contract law all they can claim is their loss.

The car park was "Free" for three hours but your overstayed (the period doesn't mater). What was the owners/opertors/agents loss ?

I'll tell you - nothing.

All you did was potentially stop somebody else from parking (if the car park was full). What would they have paid to park in the space you have just vacated ?...................nothing its free. and so the cycle continues.

Ignore - do nothing. You will receive some mail junk from the PPC each threatening all sorts of teribble things none of which will happen. You will receice some more junk mail which you will ignore too (in fact pat yourself on the back for helping the deficit in the Royal Mail Pension Fund).

..and if your still not happy with that advice take a few hours out of your time and read the hundreds of threads on here all with regard to the same issue you raise.

Enjoy your Christmas and forget the PPC stuff - when is does arrive, and it will as sure as Santa will sometime late on the 24th just keep it with the others and let them collect dust.

Blagton

I trust that BigIan279's remark about painting the roadway would not lead to a string of copycat escapades such as, for example, the use of masking tape to obscure key parts of the notices, or even worse the taping of black bin bags over them. This would of course be quite unacceptable and would cause considerable inconvenience to any PPC thus afflicted by anti-social, but perhaps not criminal, behaviour. Fortunately, they would be able to rely on their CCTV images to apprehend the offenders.

Do you know what I'm going to do. Send the ticket back as "not known at this address" as I don't live at that address anymore!!!

You might find is that they will obtain your new RK address (if that has changed) from the DVLA and start the process all over again.

Blagton.

Blagton

I won't be changing my address with the DVLA, I still own the house that the car is registered with but now living back at my Mum's as she passed away. So basically my driving license is now showing the correct address after 12 years of it being incorrect.

Thank you for your help. I'm just going to ignore all the junk mail that they are probably going to send me.

Yep, thats all you have to do :cool:

Unfortunately my sister in law got a parking ticket on the same day and although I had advised her of all the advice on this forum advising not to pay she paid it "for an easy life!" Thanks again. :)

:(

You could ask your Sister in Law what could be easier than doing nothing at all ?

Let me have her address - I'll send her an Invoice for something she never ordered and most certainly never wanted but hey, if she is going to send me some money to save me sending some scary looking letters I'm in for a few quid. Could do with my summer holiday fund boosted :sad:

Try to make sure she doesn't do it again as all she is doing is funding the PPC's [problem] :eek:

Blagton.

Edited by Blagton
Noticed lack of [quote] !

Unfortunately my sister in law got a parking ticket on the same day and although I had advised her of all the advice on this forum advising not to pay she paid it "for an easy life!" Thanks again. :)

Please pm me your sister in laws address, I have a very scary invoice in red to send her. What can be easier than ignoring? Defies logic.

Only mugs pay.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Hi,

I first posted on here in April when we received the original invoice. After ignoring everything, I have just taken a phone call from Newlyn asking to speak to my husband (RK). I didn't realise who was asking for him until I had already confirmed that he wasn't available, so they know that they have the right number now. The cheeky woman even asked for my name too, and to make sure I had a pen and paper to take down the message to phone them back (yeah ok).

Anyone else had a call from them? Should I have told her that we have absolutely no intention of paying?

Thanks everyone!

I am in the same position, and my wife took a phone call from Newlyn today. I was just wondering if you had any more contact following the phone call.

Many thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,

I have read through the thread and wonder if anyone can advise the best course of action with CEL. My wife received a parking notice from CEL for staying 15 mins over the 90 allowed.

As she was a genuine customer in one of the stores on this retail park, would it be better to write to them giving evidence of her purchase on this date of the alleged parking contravention, or, would it be better to use the response template offered earlier in the forum (refusing to acknowledge that she was the driver of the vehicle).

If we send evidence of a purchase from the store, we may, by default be accepting that my wife was the driver on that date/time?

I want to let people know that since August 2009 I have not seen any further correspondence from CEL, so, the advice to ignore them is sound, I received about 3 or 4 letters from them before they scurried away. Thanks for your help, I have made a donation to Consumer Forums as my way to say thank you.

Edited by nonofabove

I received a ticket in the post from CEL in November demanding payment of £150 for allegedly parkiing outside toysrus in Hove from 11am until 4pm, when in fact, I had visited the shop twice in one day for about 20mins each time! I telephoned CEL who assured me that if I was telling the truth the CCTV footage would prove this and I would not need to pay the fine. They rang back and confirmed I was right and they were wrong and I needn't worry about the fine. A few weeks later, I received my second letter from CEL with a final demand for payment. Once again, I rang them, was assured this was a mistake and told to ignore the letter. I asked for wriiten confirmation of this which I did not receive.

Today, I received a demand from Newlyns- their debt collectors, demanding £236 for having not paid my fine! I rang them, and was told I had to provide written evidence from CEL to prove that I had been exhonerated from the original fine so that they could 'investigate' it.

What should I do???? They've taken up so much of my time already ...I want them to SUFFER now!

What should I do???? They've taken up so much of my time already ...I want them to SUFFER now!

Yes they have taken up too much of your time already. Unfortunately all you can really do is return to what you should have done in the first place; Ignore them completely.

Do not telephone them

Do not write to them

Do not reply to their scamvoices

Do not pay them!

I know you would like them to suffer, but there is nothing you can do to make that happen apart from ignore them completely. They hate being ignored. :D

What should I do????

Well, being the very thoughtful people that CEL are (yeh, yeh , OK) they have already given you all the advice you need thmeselves:

...I rang them, was assured this was a mistake and told to ignore the letter....

Blagton.

OK after my notice regards parking in MK at the Hub I sent them a "contact the registered keeper" letter and informed the fleet dept and the lease company not to pay (since a company car).

Today I got a letter with:

• acknowledgement of my letter and unable to cancel the enforcement notice.
  • car park has experienced severe problems with unauthorised parking blah, blah, hogging valuable space.
  • as registered keeper we will continue to hold you responsible (RK is the lease company actually?)
  • Mention some case of Combined Parking Solutions v Stephen James Thomas (208 ), where judge ruled in all probability the RK was the driver and "even if that was not the case he took a dim view of the RKs attitidue for not providing the driver's details to enable the matter to be resolved at the earliest opportunity, the RK was directed to pay the outstanding parking charges (note not fine, parking charges so presume the £1 or whatever) and legal costs" Does this case exist? Would a judge really state such nonsense and deny peoples right to stand up against these companies?
  • Suggests I can recover the costs from the driver or instruct them to pay. (presume this is code for "someone please pay us some money for something")
  • States Enforcement notice is still valid. Payment must be made wthout delay. However in view of the correspondence they have extended the time for reduced 75 payment for a further seven days. Must make this reduced payment by cheque as will not be able to make the reduced payment on VISA. (That's nice of them!)

Lastly - if I don't pay they state will issue proceedings in County Court, (who against, me or the lease company?) to recover the amount due to us (presume just the parking fee?). We will add our additional costs, interest and fees to the claim.

Now I would ignore but lease company and fleet dept a little worried so I need to do something. Advice please?

My thoughts are:

1. to argue the incorrect parking location
  2. argue the incorrect signage although kind of admits I might have been the driver
  3. state that in the interests of closing it off I dispute their claim but will pay the lost parking charge as this is all they would claim in county court?
  4. argue that they are not able to issue enforcement notices and are misleading people, will report to TS etc etc

Planet Perky hogwash , the cases were probably set up in the first place by Perky and his fellow clowns, strange as i dont think the so called judgement was ever actually found

search for PERKY on the forum , and have a read about his antics and his make believe world run from his little cafe'

just ignore their twaddle about reg keeper, there is no law that the reg keeper has to disclose anything to a private company

Lastly - if I don't pay they state will issue proceedings in County Court, (who against, me or the lease company?)

How can they issue proceedings against you when they don't know who "You are"

They only have the lease company details as RK.

If I say you owe me £100 would you pay ?

Now I would ignore but lease company and fleet dept a little worried so I need to do something. Advice please?

Well one solutuion is to instruct the Lease Company to reveal who the driver was (ie you) and that all further communiation should be sent to you direct.

Once that has been done the lease company will be out of the loop and you can then ignore any comminication they send you.

I would also suggest you try to make sure you understand how the [problem] works -

My thoughts are:

1. to argue the incorrect parking location
  2. argue the incorrect signage although kind of admits I might have been the driver
  3. state that in the interests of closing it off I dispute their claim but will pay the lost parking charge as this is all they would claim in county court?
  4. argue that they are not able to issue enforcement notices and are misleading people, will report to TS etc etc

Forget them all - your have fallen into the trap that you consider the PPC to be ethical and considerate to your point of view. By all means put your case accross however looking into my magical crystal ball that can predict all things (except next weeks lottery numbers) you will receive a letter saying "Tough - appeal failed".

Blagton

Hi all, just found this forum, after receiving a letter from Civil Enforcement ltd, after parking in Milton Keynes.

Even though i bought a ticket from the machine and have had someone go back and look for a sign the way i went into the car park (to which there isnt one apparently) it appears they want £150.

I received the letter on Saturday 9th even though it was dated the 24th of December meaning i am automatically outside of 14 days. Having called Trading Standards they say i should write to them and dispute, having read this forum though it appears this isnt a good idea .

Can anyone advise what they feel to be the best course of action??

C

Hi all, just found this forum, after receiving a letter from Civil Enforcement ltd, after parking in Milton Keynes.

Even though i bought a ticket from the machine and have had someone go back and look for a sign the way i went into the car park (to which there isnt one apparently) it appears they want £150.

I received the letter on Saturday 9th even though it was dated the 24th of December meaning i am automatically outside of 14 days. Having called Trading Standards they say i should write to them and dispute, having read this forum though it appears this isnt a good idea .

Can anyone advise what they feel to be the best course of action??

C

OK, let me think on that for a second or two................

...OK, I think I can now provide you with the following advice:

Ignore.

You must do this until you receive the next price of junk mail correspondence from them when you must:

Ignore some more

Thats it.

You say that you "have just found the forum" - in which case take some time to read a selection of posts regarding PPC so you will become familiar with why you should ignore them (I appreciate it looks like you have done that already but keep reading). The same situations occur over and over again but once you understand how the [problem] works and why the advice is Ignore you can pass this along to others with the correct reasoning rather than the "Ignore 'cos some website says so" mentality.

Your posts also highlights the inneptitude of some people at the likes of TS and why when talking to them and the likes of CAB yiou should often take what you are told with a pinch of salt and look elsewhere for either confirmation or contradiction of what has been suggested.

Blagton

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4774 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks