help with barclays bank charge reclaim

mich220104
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6077 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Mich

The daily rate is:

£2,345.00 x 0.00022 = £0.5159 which you round up to £0.52

ie 52 pence per day.

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41

lol, indeed. I'm just popping into the kitchen to wrap my head in tin foil :eek:

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

3 Wins :

hi just phoned barclays and they said that no more claims are going to be paid out due to the test cse at the moment i am due to file my claim at the court today is this true and does this mean i know have to wait untill the result of this case next year

Hi Mich

It is certainly a possibility depending on whether the courts are prepared to consider claimant objections to the Stays being placed on cases and a reversal of the waiver that has been recommended.

Extremely frustrating for the consumer as the Test Case in itself is a positive thing however the impact of the accompanying postponement conditions are not.

Some judges are still pushing on and allowing individual cases to proceed on their own merits and this is why the recommendation is to continue to pursue hearing of ones case.

3 Active Claims:

3 Wins :

thanks guys

I phoned my local court and the lady on the customer service desk said that they are still going ahead with these cases and have not been advised otherwise

so ive prepared my court bundle today it goes as follows:

N1 completed and signed using particulars from here

following particulars (barclays) found on here today

barclays terms and conditions 1998

my schedule of charges my prem letter

there response

there offer

my rejection

my LBA letter

and a summarry reinforcing the particulars and value of cost broken down then totalled

it is 20 pages long but covers all of the dealing ive had with barclays over this claim and stresses the particulars as to why im claiming

does this sound right or have i put it together wrong

thanks guys

I phoned my local court and the lady on the customer service desk said that they are still going ahead with these cases and have not been advised otherwise

so ive prepared my court bundle today it goes as follows:

N1 completed and signed using particulars from here

following particulars (barclays) found on here today

barclays terms and conditions 1998

my schedule of charges my prem letter

there response

there offer

my rejection

my LBA letter

and a summarry reinforcing the particulars and value of cost broken down then totalled

it is 20 pages long but covers all of the dealing ive had with barclays over this claim and stresses the particulars as to why im claiming

does this sound right or have i put it together wrong

hi guys took my bundle (as mentioned above) to the court on wednesday handed over two copies and kept a third copy for myself.

The lady on the desk was great i don't have to pay the fee because i get working tax and child tax credits.

I told her what i'd put in the bundle and she said she wasn't supposed to advise but it looked fine as long as i had my SOC'S and particulars in it.

She said i will be sent confirmation that it has been issued and barclays will get this the same day.

Can anyone advise me as to what will happen next?

You should get a Notice of Issue from your court in the next week which will give you a date by which the Bank must either enter their defence by or at least acknowledge the claim .... its usually takes a couple of days for it ro be deemed served then 14 days after to acknowledge/defend ... once they have done that then they will get 28 days from when it was deemed served to file their defence :)

got issue notice from court today barclays have untill the 28th of this month to reply.

do they reply to the court and me?

how do i find out if theyv'e replied in time?

(coz after reading many threads on here i've noticed they don't always reply on time?

and what am i supposed to do with the ticky boxes A,B,C & D?

and when do i do them?

sorry for being a pain but i want to get this right and i really do appreciate all advise given your all great

You should hear from your court if they have acknowledged ... they acknowledged mine early and i got word through on the day that they had been given to acknowledge ..... if you dont hear anything a few days after they should respond try contacting your court to see if anything has come in from them :)

• 2 weeks later...

recieved notice of acknowledgement this morning barclays acknowledged claim on the 20th and intend on defending the claim they have been giving 28 days to put in a defence is this from the 20th when they acknowledged or the 12th when they were served.

also what should i do now, should i prepare my court bundle if so can anyone help?

thanks mich