help with barclays bank charge reclaim

mich220104
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6105 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

could anyone help me i sent my second letter to barclays 2 weeks ago today stating that i want to reclaim bank charges of 2500+ and they sent me a letter back saying they needed 4 weeks more to investigate and then hey will send me a report in 8 weeks. I feel as though they are wanting to drag this out for as long as possible.

Has anyone experienced this?

has anyone any advice as to what I should do next?

Should I sent the third letter?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thankyou for your advice I am going to go ahead and send the third letter as i have just recieved a letter stating that once again i have been charged 30 for being 17.90 overdrawn

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

• 2 weeks later...

HELP!

i checked the recorded delivery online and my letter was recieved on monday last week and they havent replied within the 7 day timescale shouls i just go ahead and file the claim with the court now

help i sent barclays the LBA and it was recieved by them last monday they hadn't responded in the 7 day timescale so i phoned them tonight and the bloke on the phone said i should just wait and see what happens but i told him i wasn't satisfied with this and that i had stated in the LBA letter that if they didn't respond to me within the 7 day time scale that i would commence to court proceedings, he said if i wanted to do that to go ahead but told me that the courts are throwing alot of these cases out at the minute and i would probably lose more money trying to take them to court. Has anyone else experienced this ?

is he right that the courts are throwing these cases out?

should i file my claim at the court anyway?

PLEASE HELP!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

recieved a letter from barclays (17th june) a couple of days after my last entry on here and it states that barclays apologise for there delay in responding to PreLim letter dated the 24th may but they hope to get in contact with me as soon as posible and no later than the 13th july, however,I have already sent my LBA letter over a week and a half earlier (1st june) but have not recieved any response to this letter ( then had the phone conversation mentioned earlier in my threads) (14th June) , i am very confused now anyone have any ideas as to what i should do next?

My timescale takes me up to filing a claim with the court, Barclays are still in the process of responding to my prelim letter.

Also I originally used the letter template for reclaiming your charge from a site called this is money.co.uk and they never offered the spreadsheet which is on here. However, i got the spread sheet of here and calculated my charges on it.

Is it to late to send a copy of the spread sheet to barclays as I have already sent my LBA letter 3 weeks ago?

they will get one when you submit your claim to the courts so i wouldnt worry about that ....... the letters that you have received are just their standard letters that just prolong the process which is why we advise people to stick to their own timescales not to Barclays

• 3 weeks later...

can anyone help me i am still in the middle of my own claim, but now i am trying to help my dad with his claim, he has a buisness account with barclays and puts cheques into the account regularly i have calculated charges for all unpaid cheques but have noticed in his statements that every month or couple of months barclays charge him a commission fee for the activity that goes on in his account sometimes its only a small fee of anything up to 10 quid but occassionaly its around 60quid and at one point it was nearly 1500 quid are these commission fees allowed and if so how are they applied and at what rate?

Hi Mich,

On my small business a/c, the Commission Fees are a standard quarterly charge for running the a/c.

The reclaimable charges are:-

Paid referral fees

Unpaid Charge

Account control fees

No idea what the £1,500 could be - do you have a break-down of how it's made up?

Slick

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

I just spoken to someone at barclays about my own claim and appartantly they are sending me an offer out for 1,600+ which is just over half of my 2500+ claim what do i do not accept and send the LBA letter?

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41

Mich,

It's up to you to decide whether to accept B's offer. If you decide not to, you need to send a Rejection Letter and you can select and adapt from here to suit your own case - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejecting-offers.html.

Re your last question, I thought you'd already sent your LBA, in which case (assuming the 14 days are up) you now go on to file your claim against B's at Court.

It seems MCOL are under pressure so it may be best to file your Claim at your local County Court, which is where you'll end up anyway as B's will usually enter a defence.

Slick

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

i have sent a rejection letter to barclays, the lba letter and a copy of my schedule for charges including a new charge applied on thursday i dont think im going to get a satisfactory response so can anyone help me by telling me how i go about making a claim with the court and what i would need to send to the court i want to be prepared but im a little confused how to go about things at this stage barclays have untill the 6th august to reply to my lba letter

any help appreciated thank you michelle

Hi ..... ok i would strongly advise using the N1 and not mcol ... have a look here :)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/681-4-particulars-claim-n1.html

And heres a form that you can fill in on the pc ..... but you cant save it so you will have to print out at least 3 copies to take/send to the court

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/844-n1-claims-form-pdf.html

I'm advising N1 rather than mcol because mcol is really struggling to keep up with the demand

Hope this helps

Saint