Dealing with debt?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6173 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have read in lots of places about various things relating to not believing amounts of debt on a credit report or belief on a fraudulent insert on the credit report. I understand that the first move is to write to the Credit Reference Agency and ask them to remove it.

I am trying to figure out what exactly to do when some records are refused to be removed.

Basically, the first thing I want to do is somehow legally demand a full breakdown of the account and the total amount of alleged debt and copies of anything that I may have signed. I understand that there is a legal demand letter that can be written to each and every creditor, which is similar to the bank DPA/SAR letter but not the same and cheaper than the £10 it would cost me for each bank.

If somebody could advise me on the exact routes for this process it would be much appreciated.

Also, once that is done, I will probably need to dispute some of them as well. How do I take this further than the crappy Credit Reference Agencies that are about as responsible as the bloody banks are?

Ta,

legalpickle.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:!: All the information I impart is my advice based on my experience. It does not constitute professional advice. If in doubt, always consult with a professional. :!:

:-) If you feel my post has been helpful, please click my scales. :-)

SAR is probably the best way as the bank/finance organisation has to disclose all information it holds on you.

Id pay the £10 fee.

You wont get anywhere with the CRA's. They will only act on instruction from the banks or from the ICO.

If you have an issue with wrong info on your credit file, send the SAR and dispute it firstly with the bank or whoever it is. Only when you have exhausted that can you go to the ICO.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

This is not necessarily finance organizations. I also want copies of the documents that I allegedly signed on. Is this still the best route?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:!: All the information I impart is my advice based on my experience. It does not constitute professional advice. If in doubt, always consult with a professional. :!:

:-) If you feel my post has been helpful, please click my scales. :-)

Finance agreeements have to be supplied on demand under the Consumer Credit Act. If they are not agreements bound by this (i.e. non-financial institutions), then a subject access request will reveal all information held about you, but agreements might have to be requested under a DPA request.

Lived through bankruptcy to tell the tale! Worked in various industries and studied law at university. All advice is given in good faith only :)