Claiming Damages - Is this possible? Let's see...

jayz1979
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6201 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I was 100% successful in a large claim against Lloyds.

I completed my claim but rather than allowing that money to stay with Lloyds I took it out a spent it (as is my right) so I still have a large overdraft. I'm in collections and have to pay money back each month. Which is fine.

However I am considering taking them to court again for damages. I'm sure it helps that I did the actual claim for charges seperately. Anyway, my point is that all thse charges were levied when I was a student so when I graduated I was hugely in debt to Lloyds. This hindered my chance of getting a job and I had to endure two and a half years of painful low paid jobs just to pay rent. (In that time I've been bullied, demotivated, had to stoop to low levels, not the best thing for a grad from a leading university)

When I think about whether I should claim damages I think about all the times that I couldn't eat for a week while their execs drove around in BMWs. There's a lot of material for a case I believe.

Also because of their charges (which stem from one intial breach of contract/offence in 2002 and mostly come from my uni years) I have lost the opportunity of taking full advantage of the graduate account they offered. I couldn't extend my overdraft or obtain a graduate loan which would have all been very helpful. If it weren't for the charges I would have been seen as a 'good customer', not the best but certainly no liability.

I am still in contact with LTSB Collections. They're a humourless bunch but because of the way they treat me bringing a case against them is more and more likely. They are nasty and vindictive and continue to threaten me whenever I suggest changes to my payment plan which I feel I am entitled to do; after all all agreement in making the payments were done before I realised that I had a legal right to reclaim the cash.

I'm aware of one case at least that was described on this forum where one person did lose a damages case. I won against Lloyds for the charges on my own (of course with lots of excellent help on this site) but my point is what could I achieve with the help of a solicitor?

Please, I would like to see other people's views on this and especially some stories. If anyone has any advice I'd be grateful to hear it.

Thanks.

personally, I don't think it would work. you need to prove that there is an actual link between them getting you into debt and that making you have to have a poorly paid job. as far as I can see there isn't a connection (please correct me if I'm wrong :)

Banks are provide services, but they're nothing to do with how you use them. goodluck on your case x