CapQuest 'pilot scheme' - anyone else?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6210 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Morning!

A couple of weeks ago I got a letter to say that CapQuest had bought a debt off Littlewoods.

Last week I received a letter from H L Legal to say that they were going to take me to court if I didnt make contact with them by 23rd May.

The original debt was £2200 but if I made payment before that date they would accept a payment of £1100 as full and final settlement.

I sent CapQuest a CCA letter which they received on 15th May so their 12+2 runs out on 28th May which is a bank holiday. Do I have to give them an extra day because of that?

This morning I received 2 letters off them, both dated 16th May.

The first letter says that they are contacting Littlewoods to get the documentation I have requested and my account is on hold for 28 days. Also it says that if I find any documentation that might help that I should forward them copies of them, yeah right, like Im going to do their work for them!

Im just wondering why they dont have the relevant documents if they purchased the debt.

The second letter is the interesting one.

After the letter from their solicitors giving me a 50% reduction for full and final settlement, this letter says that my account had been selected for a pilot scheme that they are currently undertaking that will save me time and money.

They are now offering me a 75% reduction and asking for just £550 if I pay before 29th May.

My account is currently in default on my credit file and if I take up this 'exceptional offer' they will immediately take action to inform the CRA that I have 'short settled' and ammend my file.

I know that this debt is approaching 6 years old so Im working on the assumption that if they get some money out of me its better than none, hence the 75% reduction they are now offering.

I have a couple of questions if someone could shed some light for me.

1, What does short settled mean to someone looking at my credit files?

2, If my account is on hold for 28 days while thay get the documents off Littlewoods, are they allowed to give me a date to make payment by when the account is in dispute and on hold?

3, While my account is on hold, does that 'stop the clock' on the timescales for giving me the documents I have requested?

4, Has anyone elses account been 'identified' to take part in their polit scheme?

Thanks for any help that you can give me.

Will answer one part of your query, Littlewoods won't have an agreement, therefore, no debt. Its 12 working days, so if bank holiday monday came within this time span you need to add an extra day. Personally, I would sit tight, as I don't think for one minute there will be an agreement. I would look at all the other threads on Littlewoods and you will see. Just go into search "Littlewoods" it will bring them all for you.

A friend of mine had the same sort of letter - only the settlement figure was 25% of the alleged amount owing. They have already defaulted and now counting down to the 30 days after default. Also crapquest are now sending letters saying phone within 72 hours to prevent further charges - needless to say they won't be getting a call anytime soon!

Hi,

Thanks to those who replied.

Another question, Are the DCA obliged to provide me with a full statement of accounts?

I ask this because Im sure that it is very nearly 6 years old (if not already) and the full statements should have the date of the last activity on the account.

Also, does the fact that I have CCAd them mean that I have 'made contact'? I did state in my CCA request that I did not acknowlege the debt.

Thanks for all of your time.

I've been CCAing crapquest for the past few months and they still haven't coughed up. Look at my thread Amex and capquest to see the letters they've sent. Also on the thread is part of the response letter i got from a nice lady at the OFT she sent me a form to sign to say i agreed for them to use my data against capquest. When crapquest sent the last letter threatening allsorts I sent them another cca request and a copy of the signed complaint form that i sent back to the OFT.

Suprise, suprise just got 2 identical letters back from crapquest putting my account on hold for 28 days..you know the one. Not bad from crapquest considering they were taking me to court in the last letter.

Look on my thread and pass copies of threatening letters to the lady at the OFT.

Owl

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

To be honest, the letters from CrapQuest havent really been threatening.

The first letter I received was accompanied by a letter from the OC stating that CrapQuest had bought the debt so I must be amongst the few people on here who have actually received notification of who now owns the debt.

I have applied to the CRA for a copy of my credit file. Will it show the date of default? Will this date be the date of the last activity on the account or just when it was put on my file? I know that the time limitation is close approaching although I am not sure of the exact date and Im hoping that it will show on my credit file or that I might get a full statement of account off CrapQuest although Im not going to hold my breath!