nationwide refusal

v_2_kan_ani
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6232 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i have sent the bank charges letter (first one) and then the prelimenary letter to nationwide asking for the refund of all charges. i got a letter back from them this morning telling me how to run my account to avoid these charges and that i had agreed to abide by their terms and conditions when i opened my account.

to quote..

'After careful consideration of your request, were sorry that we cant agree to your charges being refunded. Only in exceptional circumstances do we refund charges and on this occasion we feel it would be unfair to other members who find themselves in a similar situation and whose charges still remain. we realise that our answer will disappoint you however we trust that we have clarified the Society's position'.

What do i do next? someone please help..

:sad::-x

What you should do is ignore the letter and proceed with your claim as planned.

Send them the LBA giving 14 days to reply-if no reply then file the claim on MCOL.

Good luck

PPMAN159

If this comment has helped please click on the scales.

Yes.

I received a similar letter from them as part of my claim but I continued with the claim and ended up getting all of my charges,court fees and interest back-so stick with.

PPMAN159

If this comment has helped please click on the scales.

Hi v 2 kan ani!

do i continue with the LBA letter even though i have received their response within 14 days?
If U have stated in your PL that U will give them 14 days to pay up, WAIT 14 days before sending them your LBA.

This time period applies whether Nationwide have replied to your PL, or NOT!!!

Don't forget that the 14 days starts from the day that Nationwide RECEIVES your PL, NOT the date that U type/send it.

How do you know when they would have received the letter? They could have rceived the letter 2 days after posting then it may need to go to a different dept and all other delays added on..You haveto draw the line somewhere and 14 days from the date of the letter seems plenty of time ot respond to me.

I agree with PPMAN, send court threat when unsatifactory response is received, thats what i have done. I've just issued my claim on MCOL on 15/5/07 after sending my court threat letter on 30/4/07 (thats 15 days!) and receievd a letter from nationwide today telling me...guess what..!

Yep, they are very sorry bla bla bla but they will not be refunding my charges...bla bla not fair on other customers whose charges stand..sound familiar? This is the 2nd letter i've received from them saying the exact same thing (i received first after my initial request)

At the end of the day its your choice as to when you want to start your timescales from....this is just my opinion.

Good luck!

If the letter's sent recorded delivery then you know when it's been received, if it's sent first class then you allow 2 working days, thats the timescale that Royal Mail say 98% of their letters are delivered in.

Although the reply does say that you're getting nothing back, it's a standard response letter. You should stick to your timescales and not be dictated to by the bank. Besides any additional time you allow from their response can only count in your favour - you were allowing them time to reconsider etc

The Squall

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici - By the power of truth I, while living, have conqured the universe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? - Who Watches The Watchers?

Hello shagtastic!

...At the end of the day its your choice as to when you want to start your timescales from....this is just my opinion.
Patience is a virtue!...

A Claimant who seeks to pre-empt/circumnavigate the Overriding Objectives of the Civil Proceedure Rules by rushing to take legal action via a Court runs the following risks...

1/ Nationwide will defend the Claim by stating they they were NOT afforded enough time to resolve the issue by the Claimant and seek to have the Claim STRUCK OUT.

2/ Nationwide will defend the Claim by stating that they were NOT afforded enough time to resolve the issue by the Claimant and apply to have the Claim STAYED for an 'indefinite' period of time.

In both of the above scenario's, there is also the risk that the Claimant would be ordered to pay Nationwide's Costs, even though it may be only a Small Claims Track Case.

For the sake of waiting just a few days and adherring to what many successful Claimants have done, is it really worth the risk of going 'Freelance'???

btw...The 14 days starts when Nationwide, as a company, receives the letter, NOT when the 'correct' dept receives it.

o dear...has this happened then to someone because they didn't give enough time?

Surely if they have already responded and said no within the timescale...the template letter sent out asks for a response before the 14 days so if they write back saying no then thats a response?

i'm confused now!

pls check my post (the scond one as the first one was duplicated in error!)

have i done it right?

ta

Thats exactly the same standard letters that I received from them. Press ahead with your claim, but make sure you follow the time guidelines and dont do anything before the deadlines or you will risk losing your claim.