Universal Credit Loan CCJ - Now Paragon - Paid 19k Still owe 6k

spuddly
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5335 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I sent a request for a copy of my credit agreement 14/03/07 recorded delivery, tracked it, signed for on the 16/03/07 unfortunatley dozey me forgot to add £1 cheque.

Resent 17/03/07 with cheque to same address returned to me a few days later " GONE AWAY" telephoned their offices spoke to helen david who assured me they were still there and told me to re-post it and address it to her, and heres the rub "the letter has gone missing".

Tracked it as before but it has not been signed for and it also has not been returned to me also the cheque has not been cashed!!

So now they now know what i am requesting but seeing as i did not enclose payment are choosing to ignore me.

I am going to send another leter as before this time SPECIAL DELIVERY 30 /04/07. see what they do now ?

Ill keep ya posted :?

Spuddly

CITIFINANCIAL

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/85300-citifinancial-unable-find-my.html

:D :D ###WON###:D :D

## natsy westy result £250:p

## Halifax overdraft settled ##

## Halifax loan settled ##

## chatham settled ##

## paragon suite closed##

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am no longer welcome on CAG

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

Hi all,

Cheers for the suggestions but all is well, pargon have finally collected my letter requesting my Credit agreeent sent by special next day delivery and i removed my return address from the envelope.Will print off digital signature to go in my flile so no comebacks when it ends up in court.

spuddly

CITIFINANCIAL

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/85300-citifinancial-unable-find-my.html

## chatham settled ##

• 2 weeks later...

we took out a loan with Universal credit originally back in 1998 and eventually fell into financial problems we have looked back into what files we have and found out roughly what we have paid from the start.In OCTOBER 1998 universal changed over to PARAGON who took me to court in 2002, but on the court papers it was UNIVERSAL V SPUDDLY & SPUDDLY although no one turned up from there side and i was left on my own to discuss the matter with the county court.

After going over my financial situation i was strongly advised not to take on any further debt as i was on the brink of bankruptcy therefore as the other side were not present they ruled in my favour and reduced the monthly repayment to £103 .

Does this constitute a CCJ against me , should i have recieved a legal document explaining that i had been issued a CCJ.:-?

On both my EQUIFAX AND EXPERIAN credit searches this PARAGON account DOES NOT SHOW on either search which i find VERY strange as all my other financial history does:confused:

:eek: nitial advance £10000

01/01/1998

£255x44 =11,220

B&E

37x103=£3,811

CCCS

£4,500 total from statement may 07

TOTAL £19,531

balance on invoice May 2007 CCCS states £6,272 and probably still adding interest:mad:

TOTAL + CCCS=£25,803

112 MONTHS BEEN PAYING ACCOUNT

this one is awkward...

PARAGON

( R D SHELTON)

sent 15/03/07 forgot to add £1 cheque but recieved by them on 16/03/07

sent second letter+£1 cheque 17/03/07 sent back "GONE AWAY"??

Contacted for confirmation of address then sent 3rd letter to HELEN DAVID...no reply to that letter either

sent 4th letter 01/05/07 SPECIAL DELIVERY finally recieved 02/05/07

sent S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) 08/05/07

CITIFINANCIAL

## chatham settled ##

Did you send the cca request with the £1? You have the record of when delivered so now count 12+2 days (working) and forty days for the sar. Sounds like these people are flying a kite, keep your nerve and await reply.

If no agreement arrives within the prescribed time,then you send a letter saying that you do not acknowledge any debt, look around the site, you will find one of the CAG members will have helpfully posted the template you require.

yes sent a sar 08/05/07

but why are there no records of Paragon on my credit files

and is this a CCJ..??

any advice would be appreciated.

spuddly

CITIFINANCIAL

## chatham settled ##

take a look on here and see what this says (£8 search fee).

RTL Home

It's the register of court fines & judgements and will inform you on if you have a CCJ or not.

Paragon debts are nasty as they have a contractual clause which allows them to charge interest after judgment. have a look here :

National Debtline England & Wales | Debt Advice | Factsheet 18 Interest Charges On A Consumer Credit Judgment

:confused: I recently downloaded two credit serches (experian & equifax) Please can any one explain why a company with which i have 3 accounts (paragon) only shows the same 2 on both searches but the third is not mentioned anywhere.

I am still waiting for CCA and SARS from PARAGON.:???: :???:

CITIFINANCIAL

## chatham settled ##

As my DMP take the money on the 1st of each month and issue it on the 25th i will be contacting my DMP today and cancelling payment to PARAGON and BARCLAYCARD as they have not replied to my CCA request from 02/05/07 . The cash used here can go to those who are actually following the letter of the law AND SENT ME A TRUE SIGNED COPY OF THE AGREEMENT . They still have a 30 days to produce the CCA which i doubt but seeing as they are in default i am taking control from here.

CITIFINANCIAL

## chatham settled ##

YES powell i am with CCCS since 2004 .... Last week i rang them to remove three creditors from my plan who had not complied with my CCA request after the 12/ 30 day wait there was no problem removing them

I rang today to remove two more who had also not complied and was told it cannot be done YOU EITHER PAY THEM ALL OR COME OFF THE D M P ALTOGETHER.

Any advice at this point would be helpfull

CITIFINANCIAL

## chatham settled ##

HI sequenci..just paid £8 for CCJ search with RTL HOME

QUESTION....Do they post the results or e-mail or should i see a report straight away on the web site.

Spuddly:)

CITIFINANCIAL

## chatham settled ##

The CCCS are a fantastic organisation but I find them to be inflexible and set in their ways. When I used them in 1999/2000 I just used their balance sheets to send to creditors and did the money thing myself.

If you've found the confidence to deal with creditors is there any reason to be continuing with the CCCS ? You can get the most basic bank accounts with the Yorkshire Building Society and Nationwide from where standing orders can be set up which you can cancel/initiate yourself.

Good luck, regards, Dave.

solid advice diskmandave .

I felt, that when i talked to CCCS that as far as sending CCA's and SAR's to my creditors and initiating control in some form that they didn't understand what i was trying to achieve.

For instance as i explained everything to the woman she put me on hold whilst she asked for further advice then transferred me to a second department within. Only after explaining again my situation and telling them briefly i was recieving advice from CAG did they attempt to transfer me back to customer services.

It was at That point where it should of made me realise that what they weren't telling me is that CCCS did not fully understand what i was doing...!!

Do i contact the remaining GOOD creditors and offer the balance i have available as payment untill each separate account is cleared ..

any advice would be helpfull.

CITIFINANCIAL

## chatham settled ##

HI sequenci..just paid £8 for CCJ search with RTL HOME

QUESTION....Do they post the results or e-mail or should i see a report straight away on the web site.

Spuddly:)

i really don't know! i've never actually used it myself, we refer our clients to it all the time! i'll try and find out for you!

The 2 DMP companies who offer a free service will expect you to include ALL non priority debts in a DMP. Once they are in a plan they are supposed to be included until the debt is cleared and the DMP cos want all creditors treated equally as it makes their job of negotiation much easier.

They would usually expect that if you had a query regarding the legality of a debt that this would have been checked out before you asked for it to be included in a DMP.

As Dave has pointed out although once you are in a DMP they aren't really geared up for more unusual situations...

I am too late to stop my DMP for this month but as regards the JUNE payment , well that may be a diffrent matter.

I need to discuss fully with my wife so that we both agree on the next course of action.

Since i initiaed these requests back in march i have only had 1 letter from PARAGON 14/05/07, that was after i sent them my trading standard letter telling them i wont't be sending any money to there account.

I do believe NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS!!

CITIFINANCIAL

## chatham settled ##

Can you help me, I had a loan from Paragon and when I redeemed it they charge £19k for the insrunace I took out with them I need an address please I'm going to try and get the money back I was mis-sold the insurance - do you think I have a chance?

DISKMANDAVE you are an inspiration to us.:D

I discussed with my wife and decided the best course of action is to CANCEL DMP and take full control in dealing with my creditors.

Fist course of action, send letters to creditors who played ball and sent correct signed agreement and see if they are willing to settle !!

second course of action, the ignorant ones will suffer...see you in court with my CCA that i requested back in March (should they find it!!):p

does anyone DISAGREE with this course of action.

is there a template letter asking for settlement .:)

CITIFINANCIAL

## chatham settled ##

Hi Spuddly,

In my opinion, the best thing you can do is take control of the situation yourself. You are clearly au fait with the steps you have to take and there is a real sense of achievement to be had from challenging creditors and their parasitic agents!:D

Whilst I fully understand the need for organisations such as CCCS, they can adopt an inflexible attitude towards the resolution of debt problems and seem (as you have experienced) only geared up for debt management plans, which is a pity really.

I don't know what your degree of knowledge is in respect of credit agreements, but are you absolutely sure that some of them are enforceable? I would hate for you to agree a settlement on the basis of a fatally flawed agreement!

Best wishes in your endeavours!

Regards,

Laiste.:)

can someone please help me...!

I am contacting three creditors with a view to a settlement as they have compiled with my CCA requests.

Do i offer the full amount owing or discounted amount and hope they will accept my offer.

is there a temlplate letter for offering to settle.?

CITIFINANCIAL

## chatham settled ##

I am no longer welcome on CAG

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.