• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

NAT WEST will not return my PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5464 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I work for a BBC1 consumer affairs programme called "Don't Get Done, Get Dom", in which presenter Dominic Littlewood attempts to resolve issues that have arisen between consumers and companies.

Having read your story, we would be extremely keen to hear from you to see if there is anything we might be able to do to help.

If you would like to talk to us, please get in touch at:

[email protected]

0207 731 6868

Thanks very much,

Robert Gershinson

Don’t Get Done, Get Dom (BBC1)

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Update

Just received this letter from Debt Investigations(UK) Ltd

Creditor National Westminster bank plc

Despite previous requests from the above creditor and from Interim Justitia Ltd you have not agreed a repayment plan. This has resulted in your account being transferred to ourselves for investigations which may include a personal; visit to your home adress to establish reasons for non-payment.

To avoid this you must contact us immediately on the above telephone number with your payment proposals.

Of course they will get the standard 'you will not visit me without an appointment' letter and also a letter explaining that until a valid CCA is produced they will get nothing from me.

Has anyone any info on this company?

maggiebroom :)

Update

Just received this letter from Debt Investigations(UK) Ltd

Creditor National Westminster bank plc

Despite previous requests from the above creditor and from Interim Justitia Ltd you have not agreed a repayment plan. This has resulted in your account being transferred to ourselves for investigations which may include a personal; visit to your home adress to establish reasons for non-payment.

To avoid this you must contact us immediately on the above telephone number with your payment proposals.

Of course they will get the standard 'you will not visit me without an appointment' letter and also a letter explaining that until a valid CCA is produced they will get nothing from me.

Has anyone any info on this company?

Hello Maggie,

Well you have to give them credit for perserverance:mad: . Unfortunate I don't know about this DCA, but if you type their name in the search box, you may get info on them:D

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

I found this info in the Companies House register:

DEBT INVESTIGATIONS (UK) LIMITED

5TH FLOOR THE PLAZA

100 OLD HALL STREET

LIVERPOOL

L3 9QJ

Company No. 04164669

Date of Incorporation: 21/02/2001

Country of Origin: United Kingdom

Company Type: Private Limited Company

Nature of Business (SIC(03)):

7499 - Non-trading company

Accounting Reference Date: 31/12

Last Accounts Made Up To: 31/12/2006 (DORMANT)

Next Accounts Due: 31/10/2008

Last Return Made Up To: 21/02/2008

Next Return Due: 21/03/2009

Last Members List: 21/02/2007

Some link:

Experian - DEBT INVESTIGATIONS (UK) LIMITED (Company Report) - AlacraStore.com

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/sitemap/t-127481.html

I hope this helps.

Hi again peeps

Interim Justitia phone once a day. (8.22 this morning) Of course my 'sister' will take a message. They don't argue, just say they will call later and then hang up.

This doesn't bother me at all.

After enduring Capital One's 14 calls a day this is childs play.

Debt Investigations will get the "don't call or you will be tresspassing" letter today, so perhaps they will pass it all back to Nat West.

Must go, as my friends dog is having puppies and she wants me to act as midwife. :eek:

I kid you not.

Hi again peeps

Interim Justitia phone once a day. (8.22 this morning) Of course my 'sister' will take a message. They don't argue, just say they will call later and then hang up.

This doesn't bother me at all.

After enduring Capital One's 14 calls a day this is childs play.

Debt Investigations will get the "don't call or you will be tresspassing" letter today, so perhaps they will pass it all back to Nat West.

Must go, as my friends dog is having puppies and she wants me to act as midwife. :eek:

I kid you not.

Helo Maggie,

Hope you are well and not up to your armpits in puppies:D

I know this dca is in pursuit, but without re-reading your thread, which is now massive, whats going on with your ppi claim:D

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Helo Maggie,

Hope you are well and not up to your armpits in puppies:D

I know this dca is in pursuit, but without re-reading your thread, which is now massive, whats going on with your ppi claim:D

Hi Hell

The actual claim for PPI is waiting for when Nat West produce a proper CCA, which I don't think they have. If they can't produce I don't pay anything. :)

Until they do they can go whistle for whatever they allege I owe them.

If they have to write off the alleged debt, I will be quite happy with that. The amount of PPI to be claimed would not cover the full amount of the alleged debt.

The dog had seven puppies and ate one. :o It was not properly formed.

Five are doing well but the smallest is having to be hand fed. Not an easy task and my friend is welcome to it. They should be fine though as they are all seem strong, even the little one. He just will not feed properly.

• 1 month later...

Hi All

I have not been around for a while having a few health problems and a small operation on my back. However, I have also not had any communication from anyone re my case for quite a while either.

Then yesterday I got this letter from Regal Credt Ltd

Dear Madam

Client: National Westminster bank PLC

We write to advise you that we are INSTRUCTED by our client to demand the immediate settlement of the above debt.

It is essential that you forward the outstanding amount in fill, quoting your reference number. Your cheque or postal order should be made payable to "RCC LTD" and crossed and sent in the envelope provided. Alternatively you may pay by SWITCH/ MAESTRO/ VISA DELTA/ELECTRON/ MASTERCARD OR SOLO CARD.

If you fail to make payment or contact us regarding this matter we will need to explore all options in order to recover this debt. This may result in us reccommending to our client that legal action is taken against you which will further add interest and legal costs to your debt and may be detrimental to your creditworthiness.

We would strongly reccommend that you DO NOT IGNORE this letter, but telephone our offices as soon as possible between the following hours......................

Yours faithfully

Are they for real. :o I have a few questions re this letter.

1) Surely it is against OFT guidleines to reccommend paying with another card etc...

2) This is now the fourth collection company to ask for payment and I still have not received any kind of communication from Nat West that they have passed the account on, and I thought they had to do this before doing so.

3) Has anyone any kind of letter in reply to this one? I know there are letters on the site, but I have looked in vain, as the site is so large now.

4) Could someone give me a possible link to a letter I could adapt?

I have a few ideas but want to write a return letter with all the facts, so they will be in no doubt as to my meaning.

One giggle though: as its a Mastercard account I am denying do you think they will accept payment from the same card :D.

Any advice please

Hi Maggie,

I'm in exactly the same position with Barclaycard! Mercers (BC in-house DCA) call constanly.

I have witten to BC and Mercers several times, yet they continue to call. I think writting to them is a waste of time, as they will just ignore it!

To date, I have not spoken to Mercers on the phone, but I'm at the stage where the next time they ring, I will ask the assitant to record/note down excatly what I say. I will then say the following....

"This will be the only time I talk to you on the phone, until BC produce an enforceable CCA, I will not be paying!

Please stop calling and take me to court, at least then I can counter claim for my PPI."

How do you think that will go down :D

------------------------------------------------------------

First Direct - Refund of Bank Charges...... **WON** (Offered full amount of £5200 2 days before court)

Amex - Refund of charges..... **WON** (£330 refunded without much fight)

First Plus PPI - **WON** (Full Refund of over £7000 + Interest)

Norton Finance - Owe me over £6000 for mis-sold PPI - Starting court action in the new year!

Barclaycard PPi - Ongoing (Being complete tos*ers!)

Hi Bog

My hubby is in the same position with Barclaycard. he has now had four different DCA's calling with threatograms etc, and is now having trouble with Credit Solutions Ltd.

And still no one can produce a properly executed CCA. It has now been going on for a year.

They really are unbeleivable companies.

We used to be worried but don't even think about it now.

Good luck with your case.

Hi again

I have drafted the following letter to Regal Credit Consultants (courtesy of that star Curleyben)

ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE

I must admit that I am rather bemused as to why this account has been passed to you, as it is in dispute with the National Westminster Bank PLC and has been since April/May 2007. Not only is this a breach of OFT collection guidelines, but also in breach of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and Data Protection Act 1998.

As National Westminster Bank PLC are now in default of my Consumer Credit Act request, OFT Collection Guidelines, I consider this account to be in SERIOUS DISPUTE. Until National Westminster Bank PLC can produce a properly executed consumer credit agreement it will remain so. As you are aware while my Consumer Credit Act request remains in default enforcement action is NOT permitted, under s127 of the CCA1974 this constitutes a complete defence at law.

Consequentially any legal action you pursue will be averred as both UNLAWFUL and VEXATIOUS.

Now I would respectfully suggest that this account is returned to the National Westminster Bank PLC for resolution of these defaults and breaches, as Regal Credit Consultants Ltd cannot lawfully pursue any enforcement activities. If Regal Credit Consultants Ltd chooses to ignore my dispute and attempt enforcement, I will initiate legal action and file reports with the appropriate authorities, including, but not limited to, Trading Standards, Office of Fair Trading, Information Commissioners Office, Financial Ombudsman Service and possible court action.

After taking advice, I am of the opinion that any continued pursuit is in violation of the Administration of Justice Act 1970 section 40 as well as breaching a number of the OFT Collection Guidelines

I hope that this will not be necessary and an acceptable solution can be accomplished.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

I look forward to hearing from you in writing.

Yours faithfully

Anyones opinion greatly appreciated. :) They even provided a postage paid envelope :D I think they hope to get a cheque by return post :D

That's a really good letter! It say's everything it needs to and leaves them in no doubt.

------------------------------------------------------------

First Direct - Refund of Bank Charges...... **WON** (Offered full amount of £5200 2 days before court)

Amex - Refund of charges..... **WON** (£330 refunded without much fight)

First Plus PPI - **WON** (Full Refund of over £7000 + Interest)

Norton Finance - Owe me over £6000 for mis-sold PPI - Starting court action in the new year!

Barclaycard PPi - Ongoing (Being complete tos*ers!)

Hi again

I have drafted the following letter to Regal Credit Consultants (courtesy of that star Curleyben)

ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE

I must admit that I am rather bemused as to why this account has been passed to you, as it is in dispute with the National Westminster Bank PLC and has been since April/May 2007. Not only is this a breach of OFT collection guidelines, but also in breach of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and Data Protection Act 1998.

As National Westminster Bank PLC are now in default of my Consumer Credit Act request, OFT Collection Guidelines, I consider this account to be in SERIOUS DISPUTE. Until National Westminster Bank PLC can produce a properly executed consumer credit agreement it will remain so. As you are aware while my Consumer Credit Act request remains in default enforcement action is NOT permitted, under s127 of the CCA1974 this constitutes a complete defence at law.

Consequentially any legal action you pursue will be averred as both UNLAWFUL and VEXATIOUS.

Now I would respectfully suggest that this account is returned to the National Westminster Bank PLC for resolution of these defaults and breaches, as Regal Credit Consultants Ltd cannot lawfully pursue any enforcement activities. If Regal Credit Consultants Ltd chooses to ignore my dispute and attempt enforcement, I will initiate legal action and file reports with the appropriate authorities, including, but not limited to, Trading Standards, Office of Fair Trading, Information Commissioners Office, Financial Ombudsman Service and possible court action.

After taking advice, I am of the opinion that any continued pursuit is in violation of the Administration of Justice Act 1970 section 40 as well as breaching a number of the OFT Collection Guidelines

I hope that this will not be necessary and an acceptable solution can be accomplished.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

I look forward to hearing from you in writing.

Yours faithfully

Anyones opinion greatly appreciated. :) They even provided a postage paid envelope :D I think they hope to get a cheque by return post :D

Hello Maggie,

Sorry you have not been so well, but hopefully better and I can see by your letter writing you are just a determined.

As regards this dca, have they just been instructed to unlawfully pursue you by the nastywest or have they sold it to them.

Your letter is very good, maybe mention the words unlawfully harass:D

Personally I would also be writing to the Nastywest (we really hate them) informing them that you are holding them personally responsible for this unlawful harassment of this alleged debt (always refer to the alleged debt) by this dca and also breach of the data protection act by giving them your personal details:D.

Hi HHNF

Almost back to full health and raring to pursue these idiots.

I have had no notification from Nat West that they have sold the account and I think they have just passed it to whoever will chase me for the money. This is the fourth DCA and they have all had the same answer.

"Nat West should put up or shut up."

I like your idea of passing the buck to Nat West re Harassment, but I am saving that one for when I receive a reply to the letter above. (If I ever get a reply :))

Weird lot Snatch West!!! They seem to leave you alone for weeks on end and then they pounce. Perhaps they hope we are lulled into a false sense of security.

Get this though..... They sent me a letter the other day asking me to renew my credit card protection payment. I nearly fell over laughing at that one.

Onwards and upwards Hell :D

Hi HHNF

Almost back to full health and raring to pursue these idiots.

I have had no notification from Nat West that they have sold the account and I think they have just passed it to whoever will chase me for the money. This is the fourth DCA and they have all had the same answer.

"Nat West should put up or shut up."

I like your idea of passing the buck to Nat West re Harassment, but I am saving that one for when I receive a reply to the letter above. (If I ever get a reply :))

Weird lot Snatch West!!! They seem to leave you alone for weeks on end and then they pounce. Perhaps they hope we are lulled into a false sense of security.

Get this though..... They sent me a letter the other day asking me to renew my credit card protection payment. I nearly fell over laughing at that one.

Onwards and upwards Hell :D

Yes Maggie onwards and upwards:grin:

I am at the mexican stand with a few of my creditors, just waiting for them to make the first move and then wham:lol:

The Natwest know what they can and cannot do, but that does not stop them, the get the dca to do the dirty work, but ultimately the Nastywest are responsible and must abide by the law or leave themselves wide open to legal action:-D

I can't wait for their next move, MMmmm all adds to the harassment case

Letter on Saturday from Regal Consultants

We are now passing your account to our solicitors as you have not paid the money. They want to institute proceedings. They advise me to pay at once and they will accept all major credit or debit cards. (Surely that is against the OFT guidelines). :o

Good!! Perhaps if they make a court case they will then produce a properly executed CCA.

I eagerly await their solicitors letter. Green & Co tried that 6 months ago and they got nowhere either.

Hello maggie,

you have my admiration as a great fighter for the cause of fairness..

Good luck:-D

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Letter on Saturday from Regal Consultants

We are now passing your account to our solicitors as you have not paid the money. They want to institute proceedings. They advise me to pay at once and they will accept all major credit or debit cards. (Surely that is against the OFT guidelines). :o

Good!! Perhaps if they make a court case they will then produce a properly executed CCA.

I eagerly await their solicitors letter. Green & Co tried that 6 months ago and they got nowhere either.

Hello Maggie,

Two years ago, I would have been terrified to receive those threatening letters, but not now.

Infact I am eagerly waiting them, three of my creditors are threatening this. More for the harassment file.:D

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey MB! Yes anything new happening lately? :) Hope all is well!

:!: -Any advise I give is based purely on my own experience. It should not be solely relied upon as I am NOT a legal expert and any major decisions you make should not be based on my opinion alone -

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

Barclays - Monthly payments made

Cahoot - Agreement received, awaiting 2nd agreement after DCA.

MBNA1&2 - Agreements received. (Currently in limbo)

Halifax - Davey vs Halifax/Cabot

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Cap1 **WON** £1,500 Written Off Davey vs Cap1

Never Sign Anything

• 1 month later...

Hello Maggie,

Hope things are ok with you as you have not posted for a while:(

Can you let us know what you are up too please:-D

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Folks

Not been on for a good while. Several reasons, including hospital, complete loss of PC (new one with new system now in use), and youngest grandson badly burnt by pulling a pot of scalding tea all over his head. He is now recovering well, and hopefully (he is only 18 months old) will not remember anything.

The last few months have not been pleasant, and I may have to go back to hospital for a while.

However, its taken me a good while to transfer my old system to the new PC, and getting everything up and running has been a nightmare.

Things have been happening with my claim against NatWest, including the whole case being transferred to Westcots.

Out of the blue a few months ago they began ringing every day. I have only spoken to them once and asked them for a legally enforceable CCA.

They didn't know what I was talking about. (not surprising). Since then I have not spoken to them despite their threats. Now they are threatening court so I must do something.

If I am honest , I have ignored it all as I have been preoccupied with the little one and getting myself well again.

Back later with full review of state of play.

maggiebroom.