kashie V Barclays **Hardship partial refund made**

kashie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5412 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:pI'VE CLAIMED MY BARCLAYS CHARGES BACK.:p

£5125.60

Im no expert everything i write is what i learnt from my own experience and reading through other threads. Click my scales if you wish to!:)

• 2 weeks later...

Managed to speak to Krysta Campbell this morning, about settlement, she is the one actually dealing with my claim - she says she is currently dealing with the june claims at the moment and advised me to phone back in two weeks.

I think it all depends on who is actually dealing with your claim as to whether they settle immeadiately.

So worth a try roll on two weeks time!!

• 3 weeks later...

Rang Krysta last friday, recorded message - leave a message she will get back to us! Did that and emailed, no response, think it might be a bit soon for settling as when i spoke to her a couple of weeks ago she was dealing with june clalims.

Just had response from Dino - what a whiz! He says he has forwarded it to Krysta and will speak to her first thing in the morning when she comes back in.

Maybe she has had a few days off?

Fingers crossed anyway and thanks again Saintly.

• 2 months later...

Just an update - Claim stayed and directions hearing vacated as of the 2nd August. Application for lifting stay sent off on the 4th. Numerous letters sent to MP, MoR and OFT, complaining of situation.

• 1 month later...

Kashie,

Sorry to hear this. Time to concentrate on getting your BC claim unstayed !

I've posted you over there already.

Slick

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 6 months later...

Hi advice needed.....watched Martin Lewis this morning on GMTV, he says that stays are being lifted on the grounds of hardship.

I sent in a removal of stay application in July last year stating that my case was a hardship case, though not really going into any major details. I was wondering if, because this was rejected back then if I could reapply for the lift, or whether I could just go to the Ombusman to look into this for me. My circumstances have not changed and we have been in recipt of benefit for over six years, my husband is disabled and I was in full time education, which I had to give up to care for him and my children as the eldest has autism and the youngest has severe speech and language difficulties. We are currently dealing with the CAB to help repay credit cards (charges already reclaimed).

I want to know which way I need to go to lift the stay - Martin Lewis said this morning to get in touch with the bank and if they don't comply to get in touch with the Ombusman, is this correct??

Hi Kashie,

It's too early to say with any certainty, but I doubt if getting a Stay lifted now will be any easier than before last Thursday's OFT case ruling.

Hardship cases should not be, or should not remain, Stayed but judges have not been at all supportive in lifting Stays.

If we thought it was easy to do, and likely to succeed, we'd be advising many people to try and get the Stays lifted. However, we've seen too many pay court fees for the Hearing and still get no joy.

From what you say, your circumstances are difficult but that may not be enough.

During the period over which charges were taken by the bank, were you receiving ONLY benefits or did you have some other income.

Personally, I think you may have a better chance going to the FOS rather than court, but it may well be a slow process.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

As far as I can remember we have been in receipt of benefits since 2000, so yes they would have been benefits only, apart from my student loan, which was paid on a termly basis. Reading notes on the FOS, I thought this was only supposed to take 3 weeks???

Are charges still being taken by the bank from benefits income or have you managed to avoid charges recently.

You have a few options :-

1) Wait until the OFT case is settled, appeals and all, then get your refund + interest.

2) Take your complaint to the bank and ask that they review your case as one of significant and ongoing hardship as charges have been, and continue to be, taken from benefits income.

3) Go to the FOS and ask them to review your case because the bank has refused to do so.

If you decide on 2 or 3, bear in mind there may well be a long struggle to prove hardship and have your case reviewed.

I don't think the court will reconsider your case favourably and this would cost you additional fees.

• 11 months later...

Hi advice needed.....watched Martin Lewis yesterday morning on GMTV, he was saying that some banks are paying part payment of claims on the grounds of hardship.

I sent in a removal of stay application in July last 2007 stating that my case was a hardship case, but this was rejected by the court. I have been on the moneysaving expert site and been given advice that I should contact the bank direct. As this site sometimes do things slightly differently I was wondering if this is the right thing to do?

My circumstances have not changed and we have been in recipt of benefit for over eight years, my husband is disabled and I was in full time education, which I had to give up to care for him and my children as the eldest has autism and the youngest has severe speech and language difficulties. We are currently dealing with the CAB to help repay credit cards (charges already reclaimed). And over the winter period had close on £800 arrears for heating due to central heating breaking down.

I want to know what I need to do and whether there is a template I can use to help with contacting the bank (if I have to) as I am always afraid I might say the wrong thing which might ruin any chance of gaining anything.

user_online.gifreputation.gif report.gif digg.gifdelicious.giftechnorati.giffurl.gif

progress.gifedit.gif quote.gif multiquote_off.gif quickreply.gif

kashieView Public ProfileSend a private message to kashieFind More Posts by kashie

Hi advice needed.....watched Martin Lewis yesterday morning on GMTV, he was saying that some banks are paying part payment of claims on the grounds of hardship.

I sent in a removal of stay application in July last 2007 stating that my case was a hardship case, but this was rejected by the court. I have been on the moneysaving expert site and been given advice that I should contact the bank direct. As this site sometimes do things slightly differently I was wondering if this is the right thing to do?

My circumstances have not changed and we have been in recipt of benefit for over eight years, my husband is disabled and I was in full time education, which I had to give up to care for him and my children as the eldest has autism and the youngest has severe speech and language difficulties. We are currently dealing with the CAB to help repay credit cards (charges already reclaimed). And over the winter period had close on £800 arrears for heating due to central heating breaking down.

I want to know what I need to do and whether there is a template I can use to help with contacting the bank (if I have to) as I am always afraid I might say the wrong thing which might ruin any chance of gaining anything.

user_online.gifreputation.gif report.gif digg.gifdelicious.giftechnorati.giffurl.gif

progress.gifedit.gif quote.gif multiquote_off.gif quickreply.gif

kashieView Public ProfileSend a private message to kashieFind More Posts by kashie

There is one of three people that advised you of that on MSE(either me(natweststaffmember), esmerralda or Orford--think I got all the usual suspects covered ;) ). Do not attempt to get a stay removed because the courts will not remove them. You do need to approach the bank again.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

I would adopt the standard approach and specifically mention why your claim should be treated as hardship

"2.

In making an assessment of financial difficulty the firm will take into account:

a.

evidence of changes in lifestyle, including loss of employment; disability; serious illness; imprisonment; relationship breakdown; death of a partner; starting a lower paid job; parental/carer leave; and starting full-time education;

b.

evidence of the following events:

i.

items repeatedly being returned unpaid due to lack of available funds;

ii.

failing to make loan repayments or other commitments;

iii.

discontinuation of regular credits;

iv.

notification of some form of insolvency or court proceedings;

v.

regular requests for increased borrowing or repeated rescheduling of debts;

vi.

making frequent cash withdrawals on a credit card at a non-promotional rate of interest; and

vii.

repeatedly exceeding a credit card or overdraft limit without agreement (and, in this regard, where a complainant has incurred over £500 in unauthorised overdraft charges in the previous 12 months, that is to be treated as indicative of financial difficulty)."

One from 2(a) and as many as possible on 2(b)

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

• 4 weeks later...

Just an update - it's taken me this long but I have posted off case for Hardship today.

Tried to email to various Barclays employees using emails from back in 2007, but all must have changed as all addresses were rejected.

How long do i allow them to respond??