b,card offer £12 per original fee as goodwill gesture...what now?

reesdance1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6197 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all can someone please give me a copy of a letter requesting my statements under the data protection act to send to barclaycard aswell as an address . is it the same format as bank charges? cant find anything in the forums(altho prob staring me straight in the face):confused:

• 3 months later...

hi all i have received all my statements from barclaycard,please can someone tell me what charges i can actually claim for as listed on my statements,and what interest?when i have done this what letter do i send them,is the procedure the same as bank charges as i made a successful claim against natwest,or are there different letters for b,card :?

• 3 weeks later...

hi all i received a letter from barclaycard today saying they disagree with my legal analysis in my first letter to reclaim my charges,but are wiilling to put this aside without admission of liability anf offer me the difference between the £12 fee and the original £20 fee which amounts to £96 of the £296 im claiming for,and to top it all they have already credited my account with this before i had a chance to reply.Has anyone else had this happen and can anyone advise me on what to do now as i am determined they should be paying up the full amount :confused:

This is a normal response from B'card.

Now then you need to write to them and say that you'll accept the £96 as PART PAYMENT of the claim.

Also the OFT's report from 2006 DIDN'T say that £12 was acceptable, just that they won't investigate charges below this level.

Remember the OFT doesn't make laws and as such continue with your claim.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

thanks ive copied letter 1,and sent it today,hopefully they will comply. Has anyone received the full amount by doing this or does it generally proceed to court from here on in?

My Wife had this, we wrote back saying we accepted this as part payment, and told them we wanted the rest. she received another letter just saying the same thing again. We have been on holiday since and only recently got back so need to follow this up, somehow...

• 3 weeks later...

i sent the rejection letter to barclaycard and they have now written to say that when i opened my b.card acc i signed and agreed to the t & c's which included details of charges. basically they are not going to pay me the full amount and that is that. can anyone tell me if my next step is to send them a letter before action now,or do i just accept their offer of £96 of a £276 claim. im not sure what to do. are they just trying to intimidate me into giving in :confused:

Yes, they are trying to intimidate you! Stick to your original timetable of letters and send the next one in when their time is up. Keep us informed!

HSBC:

Data Protection Act S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 23/5

Prelim request sent 18/8 - ignored

LBA sent 6/9 - offer made, but it's not good enough!

Full offer received 19/9/06 :D

Barclaycard:

Data Protection Act S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 23/5

Info dating back to May 2004 received 3/6

40 day deadline is up on 4/7

Information Commissioner had to intervene, got most of the statements I asked for but some still missing.

19 March 2007 Starting on them PROPERLY (at last!)

ok thanks ,only just learning to find my way around the site,will stick to one thread from now on:o

Think i should send LBA to b.card as the rejection letter although threatens court proceedings is predominantly about rejecting the offer,what do you think cos thier time limit is already up?

If you let them, they will write and write until you get fed up and give up.... If you have sent them 2 letters asking for full amount and allowed a month for settlemnt from your 1st request, then sue them, that will sharpen their minds wonderfully.

I had the same problem, offered me £312 when I was claiming £840.00. Sent a rejection letter straight back, but they credited my CLOSED barclaycard with this money. So, I have this £312.00 on an account and don't even have a card to spend it. Got another letter acknowledging my rejection but nothing about the balance offered! Nevermind, logged with MCOL yesterday. ;)