Landlords Gas Safety certificate

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4823 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone advise what is the going rate regarding the cost of getting a Landlords Gas safety certificate?

The property is in the North Manchester area

GE Money S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued 21/11/06. Responded 01/12/06. Prelim sent 05/12/06 £406. Response 12/12/06- **SETTLED IN FULL** (£396)

HSBC S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued 05/12/06. NO charges in last 6 years.

Lowell CCA issued 21/11/06. Further reminder sent 8/12/06. Now commited criminal offence no response.

Capital One S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 08/12/06 Responded 03/01/07-Prelim Sent 16/01/07. LBA issued 06/02/07- N1 served 07/03/07- acknowledged 14/03/07.

Scotcall CCA issued 16/01/07. Criminal offence committed.

HFC Prelim sent 16/01/07. LBA sent- Final Correspondance issued with time limit of 29/03/07.

1 boiler

2 gas fires

GE Money S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued 21/11/06. Responded 01/12/06. Prelim sent 05/12/06 £406. Response 12/12/06- **SETTLED IN FULL** (£396)

HSBC S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued 05/12/06. NO charges in last 6 years.

Lowell CCA issued 21/11/06. Further reminder sent 8/12/06. Now commited criminal offence no response.

Capital One S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 08/12/06 Responded 03/01/07-Prelim Sent 16/01/07. LBA issued 06/02/07- N1 served 07/03/07- acknowledged 14/03/07.

Scotcall CCA issued 16/01/07. Criminal offence committed.

HFC Prelim sent 16/01/07. LBA sent- Final Correspondance issued with time limit of 29/03/07.

Big Man here the on site Corgi engineer, check out my profile, I normally charge about £45, depending how many appliances, and more important how pretty the lady is. :cool::p;)

Can anyone advise what is the going rate regarding the cost of getting a Landlords Gas safety certificate?

If you look around you will be able to find plumbers that do the certs for a fixed amount regardless of the number of appliances.

I work for a letting agent and we've found a CORGI plumber that does certs for £45 regardless of the number of appliances.

Big Man here the on site Corgi engineer, check out my profile, I normally charge about £45, depending how many appliances, and more important how pretty the lady is. :cool::p;)

I knew thats how you guy's worked! I pay £45 typically, but then the guy gets all the repair work and new installs, I'm not that good looking so I have to sweeten the deal.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I ordered my Gas Safety Certificate from Letting a Property. They have a network of local plumbers and charge from £55 + vat for a landlords gas safety certificate.

You could also try British Gas or your local directory.

Edited by bendavies21

They are very expensive best using a local company.

I thought about using the local plumber but they could not offer boiler cover on top of the Gas Safety Certificate. I am not too keen on BG from past experiences so decided to give homeserve a go. The service has been better.

• 2 months later...
I ordered my Gas Safety Certificate from Letting a Property. They recommend homeserve - quick response.

You could also try British Gas or your local directory.

Why pay £85 + VAT? The check takes 30minutes tops! Even less if there is just a cooker in the flat.

I have just had 5 done in London for £150.

They typically charge £39 for a standard Landlord Gas Certificate or Safety Check.

Lovely man who did the checks aswell.

If anyones interested they are here:

click---> gas safety certificate

Get someone who is Gas Safe registered

Check their ID card aswell.

You'll get discounts for multiple properties :)

Edited by sandhu40
spelling

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Why pay £85 + VAT? The check takes 30minutes tops! Even less if there is just a cooker in the flat.

I have just had 5 done in London for £170.

They typically charge £39 for a standard Landlord Gas Certificate or Safety Check.

If anyones interested they are here: Gas Certificate London

Hi, I see the above company cover Slough and Watford but I am based in Amersham, Is that covered aswell please? I have contacted the number but it was engaged!

Thank you.

Yes Slough and Watford are also covered as are some other areas around London. We have properties on the outskirts of London too.

Hope that helps!

I just wanted to put a note in here about the company that Sandhu40 suggests using - I have previously followed this thread and made use of the recommendation/weblink in here:

During the colder months, I had no choice but to get this boiler serviced and the Gas Safety Certificate (both things that the LL had failed to do since the start of the tenancy). I got in touch with this company, and, despite me being outside of their normal area of operation, they came out to me the next day.

Their overall charge was very, very reasonable and they really were nice people to do business with.

As a tenant, I can strongly recommend them. :)

• 3 months later...

£39 to check that a gas boiler is safe, and issue a certificate that confirms its safety???!!!! Who in their right mind would charge so little for a task that requires due dilligence. I have been picking up some inspections from a previous engineer who spent fewer than 10 minutes on each job. I know he didn't do it properly as some appliances failed. He charged at least £55. Now, who knows how long their engineer takes and whether he checked your boiler properly. If he spends a little longer and charges a little more, may I suggest he probably was more dilligent.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

My name is Laila and I am a landlady in London. I have 3 properties and I needed a gas cetificate and an EPC issued. I used this engineer (who is an independent gas engineer regsitered with Gas Safe and also registered on the EPC registration website- I know- I checked) for my gas and EPC certificates. The estate agent I use has also used his service a few months ago.

I can say that I received a good sevice and I will be using him again for further gas certificates. I also not that he is able to issue electrical certificates so this is handy.

Pricewise I couldn't find lower. Service was overall acceptable. Payment method used was cash.

I have also left a good review on Freeindex.

I hope this post helps someone as it helped me.

Laila

£39 to check that a gas boiler is safe, and issue a certificate that confirms its safety???!!!! Who in their right mind would charge so little for a task that requires due dilligence. I have been picking up some inspections from a previous engineer who spent fewer than 10 minutes on each job. I know he didn't do it properly as some appliances failed. He charged at least £55. Now, who knows how long their engineer takes and whether he checked your boiler properly. If he spends a little longer and charges a little more, may I suggest he probably was more dilligent.

I think your post is somewhat out of date. The charge I was invoiced with is as follows:

£35 gas safety inspection

£39 energy performance certificate

£6 smoke alarm

Total £80.

No charge was made for parking.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

thought i shud follow up to my post a few months back.

i used the company suggested for four of my properties and was given a slight discount.

to help everyone on the board here (without having the need to click on the website) they also do epc energy performance certificates, pat testing (if you so need that doing) electrical certificates, smoke alarms and carbon monoxide alarms. also floor plans and invetories if you're a serious landlord or an agent.

hope thats at least helped someone out.

prices are reasonable I would say in this climate