Time limit on debt collection???

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3654 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Still have the letters folks. Feels good to have scored after having them 'huff and puff' for a few weeks. I wonder how many people were targeted though and how many didnt have the right support. One war at a time I suppose.

Again, many thanks for the information and support.

Gerard

• 9 months later...

Hi all - I'm new to the site so hope this has landed in the right place !! I have just received a demand from another Scottish based Debt Recovery Agency - Mackenzie Hall ??? stating I owe HFC (original Creditor) nearly £1,500, I have not dealt with HFC for many years prob 14 yrs +, definetly over 6 yrs, should I reply with the 6 yr letter or leave it and see what happens ?? I can't even remember if I left HFC owing money to them or even if they are still trading any ideas ???? thanks.

If you respond they will try to imply you have acknowledged the debt thereby making it enforceable.

Should they contact you again then let us know & we'll tell you what to reply........... Also if they get your tel no NEVER EVER speak to them on the phone WITHOUT the facility to record the conversation otherwise everything in writing

Thanks again for that one - only the one letter so far - I don't seem to be getting any calls from them at the moment, only Allied international ! for a TSB CC (apx 18 months old now)bill I can no longer afford. :( I don't answer them though - one positive of having number ID on the home phone - just had a number of ansafone messages ! asking me to ring back !! one letter dated the 19 th November arrived the other day stating they would recover the balance via attachment of earnings, placing a legal obligation on my home so that I could not sell it to raise extra money etc - the CC amounts to about 7k. TSB didn't want to know and demanded 199 @ month, I offered £60 - didn't go well and they have passed the debt on to Allied.

Thanks again for that one - only the one letter so far - I don't seem to be getting any calls from them at the moment, only Allied international ! for a TSB CC (apx 18 months old now)bill I can no longer afford. :( I don't answer them though - one positive of having number ID on the home phone - just had a number of ansafone messages ! asking me to ring back !! one letter dated the 19 th November arrived the other day stating they would recover the balance via attachment of earnings, placing a legal obligation on my home so that I could not sell it to raise extra money etc - the CC amounts to about 7k. TSB didn't want to know and demanded 199 @ month, I offered £60 - didn't go well and they have passed the debt on to Allied.

well if it ever does go to court and you offered 60 pounds the judge would accept that. did u user the budget template letter on this website? DCA's are like a plague I wish they would finnaly be put down. One day I will get my wish.

Hi - TSB just didn't want to know, I sent in a financial statement (my own) with a £60 offer, they wrote back wanting £199 ! even though the statement I sent had virtually no disposable income - I think £60 was my absolute limit, I didn't have the benefit of the site letters at the time as only recently found you all !!

Therefore I am now dealing with Allied International - I offered them the same the other day but have had no reply as yet - only a phone message, they don't even know if that is my no asa I have never answered them and don't intend to - letters only !!

You are right about the DCA's !!!!!

• 1 month later...

Hi all - this query follows on from the 15/12/08 and the "old" debt being chased by mackenzie hall (DCA). I have today received a 2nd letter with demand for payment (1.5k) this being a "failure to respond notice" following my dis-regard of the 1st letter. This one states I have until the 20th Jan to settle in full, they say they have obtained my address through a credit ref agency - with a financial link. As previously posted I have not been in contact either by telephone or letter, they have not phoned me either - obviously they do not have my no ! What should I do with it now - phone, write or ignore them ?? I have not heard from the their "Clients" HFC for well over 10 years ?? thanks in anticipation :)

10 years!

Ignore them. If you don't you'll open the flood gates & they may even try to claim that during any communication that you have admitted the debt thereby making it enforceable............ Certainly DO NOT send them any money even in the form of the £1 payment for a CCA request or the £10 for a SAR cos if you do they will set it against your debt & claim that you have admitted the debt by making a 'payment'

Forgot to mention this crowd of charlatans have 'bought' up loads of time barred debt & they will send out all kinds of computer generated letters from them, Red Credit & other numerous names each one intended to appear more serious than the last. This gives the false impression that matters are escalating when all it is the same Muppet pushing a different button on his PC

That's the idea.

Suggest that you cut their letters into convenient sizes put a bit of string through & hang them on a nail in the bathroom remembering to use them face up:)............. save a few bob in loo rolls;)

& oh yes do let us know what they do next we all love a laugh particularly at the expense of a DCA & their eejit employees

• 3 weeks later...

Hi again - the saga continues (from previous thread) - I have received a letter from Response credit management, "Notification of Outstanding Debt" issued on behalf of mackenzie hall, who originally contacted me ?? BUT demanding half the amount, that MH did !! it states I have 14 days to pay !!! any ideas, should I continue to ignore them ?????:confused: maybe if I wait long enough they will give me some money instead !! lol