• Tweets

• She wouldnt be up for that and I wouldnt want her to either. She had her chance to successfully defend and she blew it so time to pay.  Apparently it's all my fault though.  Does anyone know where to find the 13 digit number she needs to make payment?    
    • Politicians are using data to plan their campaigns - and hopefully win their seats.View the full article
    • 1. sample schedule of loss - that's the official name for what you are claiming Preparing a schedule of loss for an unfair dismissal claim WWW.CITIZENSADVICE.ORG.UK Find out what to put in your schedule of loss and see an example of a schedule of loss for an unfair dismissal claim 2. 8% applies from the date of the award 3. That's what usually happens. Different rules apply if your claim is deemed vexatious. 4. "If you want to apply for a preparation time order, warn your employer you’re going  to ask for one before the hearing. At the hearing, you’ll need to write down how many hours you or an unpaid adviser has spent on the case and multiply it by the hourly rate. You'll also need to give the reasons why you're asking for the order." Just keep a tally e.g.  1 May, completing form X, 30 mins 3 May, bundle prep, 2 hours  
    • Yes I would like a peaceful life without the feeling that the claimant can threaten me when they want and discontinued the claim whenever they want and this goes on and on.  This is all so confusing.  Let's see what happens. CEL might just be trying their luck and nothing happens. 
    • Andy thank you for correcting me and thank you again for posting the Court Procedure rules. It makes interesting reading- 38.4 (1) Where the claimant discontinues under rule 38.2(1) the defendant may apply to have the notice of discontinuance set aside(GL). (2) The defendant may not make an application under this rule more than 28 days after the date when the notice of discontinuance was served on them. Was the delay in sending the Discontinuance notice deliberately held up to prevent Annabooo  from asking for a set aside.? It was well over the 28 days after the Discontinuance notice was received. I know that the 28 days applies after the Notice was served but could that be part of a reason to refuse CEL permission . I assume they haven't paid the Court  fee to initiate  proceedings again ?   38.7 [3]  3) The defendant shall inform the court in writing as soon as practicable whether the defendant asserts that permission is needed and, if so, whether the defendant consents to permission being granted. Has Annaboo been informed that she has the right to refuse consent ? Does she even have the right to refuse consent in this instance. I am assuming that Annaboo would prefer to refuse this resurrection on many grounds not only because she does have the right to enjoy a peaceful life.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

settled loans should I ask for these to be removed from credit file?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6227 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI folks

I have about 5 loans that have been settled for over 2 years - It says on my credit file - settled and the payment history all have zero's after them

should I have these removed on the basis that lenders might think I have too much credit even though these are settled and there are no available balances on them or should I keep them on as all the zero balances could look good to a perspective lender??

also I have one partial settlement with a good few 2 and 3's under it - Am currently claiming back charges here and hoping to get it removed

reason why I'm asking is because although my credit report is not bad - I can't get credit anywhere and want to do all I can to improve it

I am on the electoral register - and there have been about 7 credit searches done on me over the last year

thanks in advance

Even though they are settled accounts they will stay on your file for 6 years you cannot get them removed. As for the other one if you have been late with payments that is why they will have scored them as such ie 1 = 1 month late, 2 = months late etc and again you will not be able to get them removed.

You can only get information removed from your file if you can prove it was incorrect and the organisation who put it on your file agrees that it is incorrect information.

I still can't figure out how these things work cos if you have no credit history you are seen as a bad risk, no searches can be seen as a bad risk and to many searches is a bad risk, so how do you know when you are credit worthy? beats me!!!

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent :)

Guest strangewayofsavin

hi you did not state if these were defaults or ccj's, if they were defaults go to surlybonds sticky in the legalities forum, if they were ccj's, the only way to remove them before the 6 years and 1 month, is write a nice letter to the creditor, and ask nicely if they will remove it, some will some will not, worth ago.

for them to be shown as settled - there must have been a previous late payment or default.

loans do not 'just' get put on your CRA file because they are running or completed, there has to of been a reason for it to of been listed in the first place.

dx100uk

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

When you sign a credit agreement you are also agreeing for the lender to update to cr file on how you conduct your finances, so your files will show all active accounts, late payments, defaults etc (if any). Once the agreement has ended it wil show up as settled (if paid early) or date account was closed on.

ah! a rule change in the last few months [yrs?!]

good idea too i must admit though, shows good & bad of your credit history, not just bad, as was. but i had always thought settled, meant settled after a default etc had been registered or for being chased etc

my apologies

dx100uk

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

hi dx

thanks for the reply - you see this is why I am confused as I also thought that settled meant a bad thing

All these accounts were paid back early but they are all closed now none of them went into default and they all have zero's under them - but i still cant help but think that settled looks like a bad thing

Can anyone who has looked at their credit file and had a loan which ran the term and was paid tell me does the account say settled on it - just to put my mind at rest

thanks in advance

I've got a 'settled' on mine so don't worry. I had a loan at rubbish interest and I then got a better deal 2 yrs into the 5 yr agreement. Got settlement figure & cleared the original loan still saving myself loads in interest. As far as I am aware this isn't a negative thing - When i did a credit score 'test' thingy on Experian it came back that I had a 'good' score - only one above this is 'excellent' so I was happy with it... hope this helps :)

HI folks

I have about 5 loans that have been settled for over 2 years - It says on my credit file - settled and the payment history all have zero's after them

should I have these removed on the basis that lenders might think I have too much credit even though these are settled and there are no available balances on them or should I keep them on as all the zero balances could look good to a perspective lender??

also I have one partial settlement with a good few 2 and 3's under it - Am currently claiming back charges here and hoping to get it removed

reason why I'm asking is because although my credit report is not bad - I can't get credit anywhere and want to do all I can to improve it

I am on the electoral register - and there have been about 7 credit searches done on me over the last year

thanks in advance

You might request to see if they still have your agreements. No agreement = no permission to process data. One of my threads "HSBC Default" has it detailed. I had a default removed using this arguement.

Regards

Rosie

Just to answer the original question, yes you can have an account removed from your credit file. It is not always easy but so far I have had a 100% sucess on 7 accounts.

For 5 of them they were added to the claim when I took them to court for harges and the other 2 were for taking them to court for the damage they were causing me.

My arguement for each was that at no time did I sign an agreement for the data to be shared for 6 years after the agreement ended.

Not had to argue this in court yet, it has always been settled in advance of the hearing.

If you cannot get credit there must be more in your file than just an account with a 12 or 3.

I have a mid range file and there are 3 defaults on it (hopefully not for long though).

If I have helped click my scales....

Find my threads by clicking here

You do not have to have any adverse credit recorded on your cr file to be refused credit. By having no credit history on you record can proclude a creditor from supplying credit in the first place, it would depend on the creditor's scoring system.

I do not know where this misconception that only bad credit is recorded on cr files. All information regarding credit, including your bank account, mortgage etc is recorded.

Also, lenders will look at stuff other than your credit file to make their decision. And even then you could have perfect credit and they may just decide they don't want to lend to you - it's entirely up to them... things they will look at include - are you a homeowner? How long have you been at your current address? Are you employed, if so how long have you been in your current job? Are you listed on the electoral roll?