dlc direct legal collections

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6162 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Help

This company now own my debt from citi cards my bal is £5500 i agreed with citi cards that i could pay £65.00 per month they agreed to this and stopped all intrest. I have been paying £65.00 for the last 12 monthes dlc have now decided to had intrest per month.they said the intrest can go up to 8% if they wish. They said the account will go default this month.

I will not stop paying the £65.00.I will never be able to pay for this debt in full. What should i do as the bal is now going up ps iam a house owner with a family:(

Ex Currys/dixons manager

Have you had any notice that they were taking the debt over? If not, WRITE to them notifying them that the debt is disputed. This will give you some breathing space.

Next (if you're not sure you hold a valid agreement under CCA), send them a CCA request by RECORDED delivery - costs £1:00. Search the threads for CCA, loads of info on the site, but make sure you inform them that it is NOT to be used towards the DISPUTED debt.

You can also do an S.A.R. (subject access request) (£10:00). Consider doing this to CitiCards 'cos it 'should' show up that they agreed there would be not interest and that you have been sticking to your agreement.

You could also inform the DCA that you will only deal with the origional (Citi) unless they prove they own the debt, in otherwords Citi ARE NOT their client.

But dont be paniced by them, only WRITE to them, tell them you will not discuss the account VERBALLY either on phone or doorstep.

Good luck to each and all.

All comments are personal opinion only.

That I'm afraid I can't help you with (yet) as I havent done 1. you should be able to search the General Debt threads for help though.

Good luck to each and all.

All comments are personal opinion only.

Hi

I am currently finding DLC to be a nightmare. My citicard account was defaulted in 2006 and I was notified by letter from citicard to this effect. Oddly no record of my citicard account appears on my credit file.

I received a letter from DLC in January this year saying my citi card account was being transferred to hillesden securities ltd. They also enclosed a copy of citicard default notice. I agreed to pay DLC £35 a month and they said this would be acceptable for 6 months. My six months is up in June at which time they want a minimum payment of over £100 which I can't afford. They will not negotiate further and if I continue to pay £35 they will start adding interest and charges to my account.

DLC wrote and said my account is 'live' as no default has been registed on my credit file. There is now a new entry on my credit file which shows the balance of my citicard account under HIllesden securities - it relates to my current payment arrangement of £35 and shows as payments up to date !

The DLC people are sooo unhelpful, if I do not pay the increased amount from July they will wait six months (adding charges along the way) and then issue a default notice at which time interest and charges will stop!

I have a default notice from citi, DLC originally wrote and confirmed this and then suddenly decide the account is live! Is an account only defaulted if it appears as such on a credit file?

I am trying to pay what I owe but DLC just seem hell bent on increasing the debt in any way they can!

Sorry didn't mean to hijact your thread

i have recieved a letter from a debt recovery agent asking that i pay my catologue debt in full. i do not have the money to do this. what payment they offered over 10 months was far to much. i offered to pay half, they refused ....said that it would have to go to court. what should i do please help

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

just sit tight blueyid. because they have failed to provide within the time limit (12+2+30), the have committed an offence and the alleged debt is now unenforceable (unless they find it, in which case the must go to court to get it enforced).

you can now stop any payments to them.

as they have cashed your cheque, you have proof that they received your request for a copy of the agreement.

has communication from them stopped?