Castlebest II - Return To The Claims

Castlebest
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3776 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We are all with you in spirit Pete and we will all be thinking of you on Monday and will wait impaitiently, oooops patiently, for you to tell us how you got on. As lattie says you have taught us all well and we are all in awe in your excellent expertise. I wish you all the luck for Monday and I will definatley have everything possible crossed for you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

A copy of the judgment transcript for a stay application hearing Carlisle v Clydesdale Bank has come into my possession :) High Court Judge sitting in a Mercantile Court so this will probably be used in other County Courts.

Very interesting reading because His Honor Judge Behrens details his reasoning behind the judgment.

In broad terms the judgment upholds the stay only until first instance judgment in the test case, then the stay to be reviewed within 28 days of this with the expectation that most of the issues will have been clarified regardless of any appeals the banks make. (he expects the stays to be lifted after the first instance judgment)

He was also concerned regarding the continuing regime of the banks during the period of the stay, his answer was to do nothing more than allow the claimant to ask for the stay to be lifted if the bank proceeded with debt collection or default notices during the period of the stay. (but only where this applies to charges NOT general overdraft)

So I think that will do me nicely, HSBC will just have to wait until the stay is lifted to chase for their money back or chase me and the stay comes off and we can talk in front of a Judge :D.

If anyone wants to see the full transcript PM me your email addy's and I will send it to you.

pete

All the very best for Monday Pete, hope it goes well for you Mate.

We'll all be waiting with bated breath.............:) Laffin!!!!!!

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

:p I'll keep clickin' your scales until you do......HaHa! :grin:

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Gotta go mate, when you get to my age you get tired

at this time of night ;) Night-night all! :)

Nemo me impune lacessit

Just as a foot note to this week... I type things as I see them.. hopefully what I type helps or at least inspires people to screw the people who screwed me :D.

Three wins in a week is brilliant under the present circumstances I think you all deserve a big WELL DONE :D makes it all worthwhile.

pete

your advice on this site is invaluable & i hope the outcome on monday will make it 4 wins this week. :)

just you make sure you let me know as soon as you get outside the court when youve finished with them :D

good luck, everything will be crossed for you here too - i'll be thinking of you x

Monday is next week and I will settle for the Leeds judgment because I know the greedy so ans so's don't talk to each other and they will try to recover there "debt" and the stay will be lifted and they will get both barrels :D

easy target with corporate loser's :D

pete

pete best of british on moday love... you deserve it more than anyone... you contribution to everyone else on here is always spot on and totally invaluable... got a little red envolope with your user name in it and date for court (its a chinese good luck ritual) so go ged em....

debbie xx

jm - you show my yours - i'll show you mine...............

Missed this earlier on Latty -O-o-oh ! You are awful ... but I like you! x :p

Nemo me impune lacessit

edit - before I put my foot in it!

Nemo me impune lacessit

You know why Pete, i see you Laffin . .

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Pete. The very best of luck tomorrow! You won't need luck though. Just make sure you don't forget anything!:D

The wins we have seen this week have been down to the input and hard work of a few people but you can take alot of the credit for them! I am sure there will be others who agree!

Give em hell bud and take no prisoners!:D