final settlement

pebbles
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6303 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi, can anyone help me with the next letter, what do i have to put in my letter re accepting the offer as an interim

any ideas from anyone who have done this already

pebbles

Accept as an interim payment - but tell them you require full refund or off to court we go!!

You don't need any legal jargon or anything, just tell them you will accept their offer but only as an interim payment, and you are continuing with your action for full repayment.

ok thanks for that xx

do i sign the customer acknowledgement accepting the offer and send that with a letter or do i just send them back a letter explaining the situation

pebbles

got my letter back from barclays after i refused the 1st offer of £400, it says this is the final offer and that they will not reimburse me with the full amount, it says that with regret that i will now be proceeding to the county court.

before i go on for the claim in court, is it worth me doing as i havent heard of anyone getting the full amount back, ive seen small amounts getting full settlement.

if so i will need help in filling the n1 form out and where to send it to, i understand that i will have to pay £100 cost.

is this what they do to scare people off

a very nervous pebbles- never done court things........help me

details for particulars of claim are in the library. you literally just need to ammend them to reflect your personal details and figures and then paste them to the form.

don't be nervous. as Alan said before do you think they would have made an initial offer of £400 if they thought they could win. You are right Barclays are procrastinating hugely, I am waiting for their defence to my claim which I filed at the beginning of the month. It will be the standard. Remember they have yet to contest in court. Let alone win. Hold out for the £1200 - big difference between £1200 and £400!!

"BA Group. The World's favourite CA Group"

HSBC 2 claims amalgamated. £1195. settled in full prior to filing claim.

BARCLAYS settled in full 2 days prior to submission of defence by Barclays

CAP ONE settled in full on day 14 of LBA (£210)

Barclays additions account, which is a glorified current account with extras such as breakdown recovery etc is provided at a cost of ten pound per month (just risen from around eight pounds). I presume you have one of these accounts judging by your posts as do i. You do have to sign up and join though which i did from a normal current account and they do tell you there is a charge for the account. Hope this helps

details for particulars of claim are in the library. you literally just need to ammend them to reflect your personal details and figures and then paste them to the form.

don't be nervous. as Alan said before do you think they would have made an initial offer of £400 if they thought they could win. You are right Barclays are procrastinating hugely, I am waiting for their defence to my claim which I filed at the beginning of the month. It will be the standard. Remember they have yet to contest in court. Let alone win. Hold out for the £1200 - big difference between £1200 and £400!!

i dont understand the form:confused: What do i put in the 'in the anywhere county court' at the top? the rest i know what to put.

then where do i send it to, do i send a copy to the bank or will the court do this for me?

is this just the only thing i send or do i send the N1 claims form aswell to the court at the same time

sorry for sounding so thick

pebbles

something strange has happened......

i have just recieved another letter identical to the last one saying we are sorry for your upset and that they are offering me £300. im confused again. i dont think they know what they are doing.

has anyone else had this before?

anyway im ignoring that letter and continuing with the £400 offer and am sending the 3 N1 forms to my local county court and taking it from there.

something funny tho....i went into barclays to draw some money out and only read a poster saying "its your money" ha ha ha

i shall say this in court

wish me luck

pebbles

i went into barclays to draw some money out and only read a poster saying "its your money" ha ha ha

I saw that, today, when I took in my LBA.

It goes on about "Make sure that nobody else spends it !"

:D :D :D

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

• 2 weeks later...
got my 'notice of issue' back from courts and also 'acknowledge of service has been filed'.

do i just wait now?

pebbles

yes thats all, dont fone them i was told it could be classed as harrasment

TOTALLY debt free as of 2007, Fantastic,

• 4 weeks later...

i have recieved a letter from that geoff at barclays, he has sent me a letter of his defence.

what do i do now?

shall i send it to the courts or do i just hang on to it till i get to court?

many thanks

pebbles

Hi, I have been through all the stages set out on the forum in order to claim back 1050. The bank made me an offer which I only accepted as part payment and sent the letter in the library. They refused so to accept and were sad that i am going to court. I have recentley registerred an online claim against the bank for the full amount + 120 court costs. Received a letter 2 days ago saying they will be entering into a defence for all the money. The letter was signed by someone called Keith Jerimah. so basically I now wait for a questionnaire? this questionnaire how long does it normally take? and does anyone know whats on it? just so that I am prepaired.. cheers

Letter is in the Library you just amend it to your own circumstance's, also on the subject of £13.00 charges, I telephoned Barclays to ask for an extended overdraft just before Xmas as I was skint, The plankton I spoke to stated that unless I sign up to additions Plus account he would not be able to extend my overdraft F*******(Black mail) I say..........

LETS ROCK !!!:D :D :D

Pebbles you need to read MJANETS V LLOYDS experiences, truly exciting and just the way to go

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/1777-mjanet-lloyds-unconditionally.html?highlight=mjanet

regds

Dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:

Follow your spirit; and, upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry! England and Saint George!'

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6303 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks