• Tweets

• Well we can't predict what the judge will believe. PE will say that they responded in the deadline and you will say they don't. Nobody can tell what a random DJ will decide. However if you go for an OOC settlement you should still be able to get some money
    • What do you guys think the chances are for her?   She followed the law, they didnt, then they engage in deception, would the judge take kindly to being lied to by these clowns? If we have a case then we should proceed and not allow these blatant dishonest cheaters to succeed 
    • I have looked at the car park and it is quite clearly marked that it is  pay to park  and advising that there are cameras installed so kind of difficult to dispute that. On the other hand it doesn't appear to state at the entrance what the charge is for breaching their rules. However they do have a load of writing in the two notices under the entrance sign which it would help if you could photograph legible copies of them. Also legible photos of the signs inside the car park as well as legible photos of the payment signs. I say legible because the wording of their signs is very important as to whether they have formed a contract with motorists. For example the entrance sign itself doe not offer a contract because it states the T&Cs are inside the car park. But the the two signs below may change that situation which is why we would like to see them. I have looked at their Notice to Keeper which is pretty close to what it should say apart from one item. Under the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4 Section 9 [2]a] the PCN should specify the period of parking. It doesn't. It does show the ANPR times but that includes driving from the entrance to the parking spot and then from the parking place to the exit. I know that this is a small car park but the Act is quite clear that the parking period must be specified. That failure means that the keeper is no longer responsible for the charge, only the driver is now liable to pay. Should this ever go to Court , Judges do not accept that the driver and the keeper are the same person so ECP will have their work cut out deciding who was driving. As long as they do not know, it will be difficult for them to win in Court which is one reason why we advise not to appeal since the appeal can lead to them finding out at times that the driver  and the keeper were the same person. You will get loads of threats from ECP and their sixth rate debt collectors and solicitors. They will also keep quoting ever higher amounts owed. Do not worry, the maximum. they can charge is the amount on the sign. Anything over that is unlawful. You can safely ignore the drivel from the Drips but come back to us should you receive a Letter of Claim. That will be the Snotty letter time.
    • please stop using @username - sends unnecessary alerts to people. everyone that's posted on your thread inc you gets an automatic email alert when someone else posts.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

overflow v Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5335 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

OMG what have I done.

Ive just come off the phone after speaking to A Baker.

Told him I wasnt happy with the amount offered me and that although I no longer wanted to go for the CI rate I did not consider their offer to be what I requested on the spreadsheet relating t the 8% claim.

I said that I based this upon the charges levied on my account from 1999.

Told him I had done another spreadsheet but instead of 1999 I based it from charges 2001 and that their offer was more in line wih this date, therefore I considered myself as not being paid all my charges.

He said that their policy was only to go back 6 yrs .

I said I thought that they would quote the SoL but that as this can no longer be enforced that I wanted reimbursing for the dates 1999-2007.

He went off the phone for a while then said that NO they didnt do that.

I reminded him thatI sent a letter of rejection on 10th , the same day as they had put money into my account, authorising them to take the money back out if they did not agree to paying in full.

He said that I could leave the money in and if it did go to court thn I would be paid out on the remainder (if I was successful)

I SAID NO I WOULD RATHER YOU TAKE IT OUT:eek: .

There I go running my mouth again.

He said he would arrange that and he would get in touch with their Legal Dept to tell them of my intentions of carrying the claim on.

I reminded him they only had till the 23rd to file defence and asked him if it were possible to get it in writing that they wont pay out more than 6yrs, that they have based my offer on only last6yrs not from 1999.

He of course declined .(now theres a suprise):roll:

Anyway I stressed upon him that I intend to go to Court for the full amount then +8% + £120.00 Court Fee ( and who knows if it goes this far I may claim for my costs of time as well, or is that pushing it).

I reminded him that it is only about another £300 pounds I am talking about.

SOOOOOOOOOO Have I shot myself in the foot?

Id love some veiws and advice. I see it now as a matter of principle, ITS MINE AND I WANT IT.

I envisage it now , Me in Court th Judge shaking his head and saying ,

" Well Mrs Overflow, you and your principles eh. No money for you then. You had it and now its been taken away. Boo Hoo.

You should have taken the money and let them keep the extra , now you must pay them £10000000000 for the hard work they have had to do in pressng a button and taking your money out . Its your own fault, so there, Nah Nah Na Na Nah".

Many a true word spoken in Jest eh!

Oh well if I do end up with ziltch then at least Ill know that I tried ,gone down fighting so to speak.

Right now Im just going to go and sit in the corner and cry a little bit before taking myself in hand and gving me a good bitch slapping for being so B****y pedantic.:Cry:

Regards

30-12-2006--Requested statements from Local Halifax.

02-02-2007--Statements Recieved.

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

20-04-2007--Reply , Thanks , give us 8wks letter.

02-0502007--Sent L.B.A. & Schedule of Charges

11-05-2007--Recieved reply ,still investigating.

17-05-2007--Sent Amended L.B.A. for Contractual Interest this time.

14-06-2007--Received standard Bog Off letter.

13-06-2007--Took N1 to Local Courts.

26-06-2007--Copy of N1 from Court, issued 21-06-2007. to Halifax, Deemed Served 25-06-2007

Have till 09-07-2007 to file Defence.

05-07-2007--Note that Acknowledgment of Service been Filed on 29-06-2007.

Have 28 days from date of Service to File Defence.

07-07-2007--Offer from Halifax.

09-07-2007--Rejection letter sent to Halifax. Next day delivery.

10-07-2007--Money put in Account:mad:

• Replies 931
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Forgo to mention that I said Ive been on this site and tha there are numerous cases where people have had claims for over the 6 yr limitation and have been successful:)

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

26-06-2007--Copy of N1 from Court, issued 21-06-2007. to Halifax, Deemed Served 25-06-2007

Overflow you have not shot yourself in the foot. As I see it you are in the same position as me, we were both offered a settlement that we have both declinded, it dosnt matter that they have put the cash in your bank, they have until the 23rd of July to come up with with what we both want, if that dosnt happen then we just carry on as normal, ie; 7 day letter or go for judgment!! Keep your chin up and stop doubting yourself, WE CAN and WILL win this!!!!

[COLOR=red][/COLOR]

Thank You sanand.

I hope things start to move on your claim. Youve been very patient , Dont know if I would have had the same mettle to get by like you have.

Hopefully we will both have WINNER put on our threads soon, very soon.

Regards :)

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

Keep your chin up overflow, you too sanand, & miz. I just know your all gonna WIN this thing.

I soooooooooooo agree with sanand, you have NOT shot your self in the foot, all you want is every Penny that's owed to you.

Still keeping everything crossed for all 3 of you, so goodluck.gif to you all.

ja-de

--------------------------------

If you approve of my Post, please tip my scales.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for that Ja-De

Havent seen you about much today, I hope your ok.

It would be great if tomorrow all three of us could get what we want wouldnt it.

Heres hoping , Good news for Lisa though isnt it . So glad for her, shes been put through the mill too

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

Hi overflow, I've not managed to get online much today, been soooooooooooooooooooooooooo busy.

Got an appointment to arrange to move everything from haliprats on Wednesday afternoon, so will let you know how I get on.

It's fantastic news, it won't be long for you, sanand, & miz, just you keep checking that account of yours, cos you never know, they might just put everything they owe you in it.

Off to bed now, soooo, nite nite overflow, hopefully I'll catch you tomorrow.

ja-de xxxx

• Haha 2

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well!

I have read it!

I wouldn't worry about Mr Baker - OH! NO!

That's just the "standard/routine" -

"WHAT WE HAVE TO TELL YOU ON THE PHONE" stuff!

We'll get it ALL back!

• Haha 1

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

Hi Dursary

I know its just the old BOG OFF stuff but can be nerve wrackin.

I hope your right, be just my luck to get a knock back, but at least I'll have stood my ground.

Ive been checkin my bank today to see if they have taken the money as Ive requested.

It is STILL THERE.:mad: . I wish they would take it out as its so tempting.

Dont want to touch it though. I wonder how long it takes them to take it back out.

I really thought that with speaking to the nice Mr B that it would be gone for deffo today.

I mean Ive given them authorisation in the rejection letter sent on the 10th what more do they want?

They have 6 more days to File Defence ( not counting today).

Just hope they get off the posteriors and do something soon.

Was even contemplating giving them a bell again today asking them why the money was still in the account. Might still do , or I could e-mail them I suppose ( Ill need to look for the e-mail address ) .

This sitting here waiting is like watcing paint dry.

Its proper doin my head in.

Well gonna try and get some stuff done for the Abbey now as every time the phone rings I jump out of my skin thinkin it might be the Haliprats, so if I make myself busy I wont have time to dwell on it will I.

Catch you all later I hope

Regards :-)

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

I succumbed to the temptation - I removed the money!

Thanks for the *you-know-what* BTW.

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

Hi money

I get the distinct feelin that they are messin with our heads.

they seem to be doing this to a lot of people lately.

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Dursary

You are awful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But

I like you.;)

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

Hi money

I get the distinct feelin that they are messin with our heads.

they seem to be doing this to a lot of people lately.

Its all a ploy hoping you will give up - NEVER give up - we will beat them!!! :lol:

We've got to keep going to the end, & when YOU beat that bank, you will feel sooooooooooo happy, elated & proud of yourselves. You don't have to take my word for it, just ask money or someone else who've have won, or you just wait & see for yourselves!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for the click.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We've got to keep going to the end, & when YOU beat that bank, you will feel sooooooooooo happy, elated & proud of yourselves. You don't have to take my word for it, just ask money or someone else who've have won, or you just wait & see for yourselves!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for the click.

Yup I agree :D

• Haha 1

Why, thank you money!!!

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ja-DeHi

Yea dont worry nothing is gonna make me stop now,

Ill either sink or swim.

If I lose well I have the satisfaction of knowin Ive tryed.

It would be great if sanand heard somthin tomorrow shes been through hell, her time is up same as mine.

It does get you downthough , what bugs me is the fact that they seem to drag their heels over smaller claims , ad yes it is frustratin when the world and his wife seem to be gettin paid yet theres no sniff of yours.:(

Never mind Im gonna look on the bright side the longer it takes to get it means I cant get my hands on it and go on a spendin spree.

REGARDS :-)

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

Batgirl is having the same temptation ;)

Lololol you're not wrong there Moneyhelp!! Got a leaky roof to fix at home, wanna book a holiday...wanna wanna wanna..aagghh! *Ahem..*

HIIIII Overflow!

Crikey what a time you have been having, but I really admire you, honestly I do. I sat up until 4am or there abouts reading and re-reading your thread, and others. I went all wobbly when I phoned the H/fax, and to actually refuse money from them felt SOOOO wrong lol, and yet so right! I don't know too much about CI but the way I see it you most deffo did not shoot yourself in the foot.

Gonna wander over to my thread now as I have some news (thanks to your suggestion:) ).

Chin up!

Mmmmm!

I liked that comment about messing with our heads!

I gave my Mr Thornton 7 days to reply to my letters of June 9th.

SEVEN + NINE = SIXTEEN

Taking into account postal strike .....

He has not adhered to my deadline!

I think that I will call today!

HI Guys

Still not taken the money out of my bank, checked this a.m.

How long does it take them to do this after all they were quick enough to put it in, and I dont want it there (:( SOB . Cant believe Im saying that.)

JUst dont want anything to jepordise my claim , dont know if it would like but not taking any chances.

I have a fax number and Im sitting here argueing with myself as to whether or not I should fax them and ask what they are playing at. Do they never honour anyones request?

They have just 5 days (not counting today Sanand) LOL. to respond before they have to file a defence . Lord knows they have had enough time to do this.

Ok I know they must be run off their feet but surely they should have enough staff to deal with any problems they are experiencing.

Oh I dont know what to do , Should I , shouldnt I ?

Decisions , Decisions.

What are these W (ooooppps:rolleyes: ) Bankers playing at .

We are the C.A.Gers

Youve took our money for years and years

We wont let go without a fight

You've heard us ROAR

Now feel our BITE.

OMG sad isnt it:p

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

Hi again.

Ok so Im sitting here getting mader an mader:mad:.

How dare they treat usthis way. Ive decided tosend tem another letter in the hopethat it might make them get their fingers out and give me back my money.

I want torn it past you to make sure it doesnt sound too amatourish , is that how you spell that , doesnt look right. So here goes:

Dear Mr Baker

Re Claim********

I write with regard to my claim against Halifax Plc

Wih reference to our telephone conversation 16-07-07, I wish to respectfully remind you that are in reciept of my letter dated 09-07-07 ,the content of this letter was to decline your offer of £****.** as settlement of my claim.

I requested once again during our conversation on the telephone that you make arrangements for the said amount to be taken back out of my account by yourselves as at no time had I agreed t this arrangement. I wish to point out that your letter dated 06-07-07, which I recieved on 07-07-07, offering the reimbursement, stated that I had 7 days in which to confirm with you if I was in agreement or if I wished to reject your offer.The monies were in fact deposited in my Account on 10-07-07.

This being the case it seems that you had decided to come to that decision for me before i had the chance to reply.

Upon going on-line today I see that the monies in question remain in my Account despite your reassurance during ourtelephone conversatin that you would arrange for them to be taken out.

Irespectfully remind you once again that I am prepared to takethis claim to Cour as I am not satisfied that you will not reimburse me for the full amount for charges going back to 31-12-1999.

This amount being £****.** , this is inclusive of the 8% interest, plus £***.** in respect of the Court Fee, thus bringing the total to £****.**

During our telephone conversation I staed to you that I was prepared not to pursue the CI rate. Therefore I amm willing to settle for whatever the Judge deems acceptable.

I also informed you that I assumed the amount of money you offered me was due to the fact that you had only taken into account the charges levied upon my Account from 28-02-2001 thus not including the charges levied upon my Account from the dates I had submittede to you beginning 31-12-1999.

When I mentioned that I believed this to be the reason that I had been offered less than the amount I am claiming yo informed me that it was not the Policy of the Halifax to reimburse anyone for more than 6 yrs. I requested that you could perhaps send me that in writing but you declined my request.

I think that I am right in thinking the reason behind the decision not to reimburse peole for more than 6 yrs is because of the Limitations Act 1980.

If this is the reason then I contend that the Halifax's actions amount to "concealment" under s32(1)(b) of the Limitations Act.

I wish to stress that the decision to purse this matter of bringing a Claim against the Halifax was not entered into lightly.

I am of the considered opinion that I have taken all steps to try and reach an amicable agreement, but, as of this moment in time , Halifax do not see to want to agree on the amount that I feel is, under the circumstances, only fair.

Yours Sincerely

Mrs Overflow.

Sorry its so long but does it sound ok guys.

Any advice please.:)

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

Thats sounds fine to me Overflow but I am feeling exactly the same as you, nearly at boiling point with them and all their b****y lies and I dont understand why people who filed after us ( you, me, miz and voyager) are being paid out before us??!! None of it makes any sense. I would ask one of the Big Guns to take a look (SSL, Dusary) before posting just to be sure xx

[COLOR=red][/COLOR]

How do I get them to look ?

sorry if that sounds daft still not 100% on this comp.

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.