• Tweets

• Hi Folks,   Thank you for your help so far. Please find below the correspondence so far from various parties. If I've missed anything, please let me know. Again, apologies for not posting the correct stuff. I thought I'd lost it all, turns out it was on a rarely used pc Letter advising of change of address will be posted shortly, with proof of posting not tracked. Buncrana 1 Edited Notice To Keeper ECP.pdf 2 ECP Back of PCN.pdf 3 DRP Edited 25012021.docx 4 DRP Back of letter.docx 5 POPLA Appeal redacted.pdf 6 DCBL 30:04:24 Redacted.pdf ESSO Cobham Signage.pdf
    • Thanks just looked at SARequest It wouldn’t make ebay have to say why they suspended me. all their email said was that it was related to buying activity. But under that bike buying activity there are about five different reasons why it could’ve been. But they haven’t specified which of these five reasons it was.
    • Thank you Ethel, their letter was literally one line, with an added bonus of a typo..... "As you own the land that the property was damaged on we would not be able to dela with that aspect of the claim.", so I think it may be the initial fob off. I have replied just stating "This is not correct, the fence is owned by XYZ ltd, please clarify?", but will follow it up with a letter from the company. will let you know how I get on x
    • About a year ago i was summonsed to court for a speeding offence, long story short it wasn't me that was driving the vehicle, and i successfully proved that i had not received any paperwork (the reason it went to a summons) because there is a problem with our address, i live at number 7, yet when you look online to enter our address for anything you have 7, 5-7 and 7-9 on our street, one is my address and two are businesses.  The court ruled that there was an issue, and agreed i did not receive any paperwork (aside from me not being the driver)  i thought it odd that i never received anything in the post to say that, but they are the courts i assumed everything would be in order. Now just recently i have been using family members vehicles to get to work and have been insuring the vehicles on a temporary basis. Recently when using a comparison website i would get results and then when i went to make payment it would not let me advance, i had tried this on numerous sites and the same happened, i assumed that it would have been because i have used to many temporary insurances and it may have flagged for whatever reason. i went to check my license online, and i cant view it, it states below, i called the DVLA and they can not view any details either and have said they will need to raise a case internally to find out what has happened.  My wife and brother seem to think that the courts have screwed up not informed the DVLA of anything, hence i was banned. But surely it wouldn't have taken so long for me to stop being able to insure my vehicle on a temporary basis until just now?? Please can anyone assist as im worried sick now and ive done absolutely nothing wrong, i need my license for my job. .................... It has not been possible to display/match your driving licence. For further information regarding your driving licence details write to: Central Casework Group, Drivers Enquiries, DVLA, Swansea, SA6 7JL
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

overflow v Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5333 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys

Just checked mu bank and those b*****s have put £1343.00 in withiout my consent .:eek:

What do I do . Ive sent them a letter yesterday which they will have recieved today,(special delivery) giving them another 7 days to pay up in full or Ill carry on with the court claim.

How can they justify doing this .Im fuming.:evil:

They sent me a letter offering me this not mentioning Full & Final and informing me they would give me 7 days to get back in touch with them or they would consider it ok .

Now unless Im going loopy ( could be ), this means that they should not have done anything till 14th and as today is only the 10th that means I still have 4 days. They have cleared my overdraft with it ( obviously) but I dont know if they would use that now to take the money back.

HELP!!!!!!

Really dont know what to do now .

Regards

30-12-2006--Requested statements from Local Halifax.

02-02-2007--Statements Recieved.

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

20-04-2007--Reply , Thanks , give us 8wks letter.

02-0502007--Sent L.B.A. & Schedule of Charges

11-05-2007--Recieved reply ,still investigating.

17-05-2007--Sent Amended L.B.A. for Contractual Interest this time.

14-06-2007--Received standard Bog Off letter.

13-06-2007--Took N1 to Local Courts.

26-06-2007--Copy of N1 from Court, issued 21-06-2007. to Halifax, Deemed Served 25-06-2007

Have till 09-07-2007 to file Defence.

05-07-2007--Note that Acknowledgment of Service been Filed on 29-06-2007.

Have 28 days from date of Service to File Defence.

07-07-2007--Offer from Halifax.

09-07-2007--Rejection letter sent to Halifax. Next day delivery.

10-07-2007--Money put in Account:mad:

• Replies 931
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi overflow, I dont know if this will help but its worth a try, I spoke to a man yesterday and today from customer relations who is really really helpful and does seem to understand where we are all coming from. His name is Gerry, and the number that you can get him on is 0151 224 7543. Youve nothing to lose so give him a call x

[COLOR=red][/COLOR]

HELP!!!!!!

Really dont know what to do now .

Regards

Easy!

Leave the money where it is! My £7.5k is in my 2 accounts.

If the letter you sent off was the http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejecting-offers.html then that's fine!

Be prepared for what happened to me today. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank-bank-scotland/81108-dusary-bank-scotland.html?highlight=dusary+v+hbos So that you are aware!

It's interesting that it's not the standard *FULL AND FINAL SETTLEMENT* letter. (That means you can't yet go to FOS - even if you were wanting to do that!)

What they have done is standard procedure for them when they are caving in!

You can still take them all the way ....... You WON'T lose!

You are going to be a !! WINNER !! very soon!

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

Hi Guys.

Ive just been on te phone to Rachael Barker .

I asked could I speak to the person who sent me the letter offering me the money but he wasnt at his desk.

Gave her the details and asked why this money has been refunded into my bank and she said it was standard procedure.

Told her that they would have received my rejection letter today (posted yesterday special del) and she informed me that these letters go through the sorting office and would not appear on the system for a couple of days, (so much for having it special delivery then)

Then I explained that I had recieved their letter offering me refund and giving me seven days to EITHER accept or reject it and I said that it seemed pointless to me to stipulate the 7 days if they just refund wihout my consent anyway.

She appologised an said that she culdnt deal with this and somebody would write to me within the next couple of days.

I said that if the letter didnt go on the system for a couple of days and they have given me till the 14th the I hoped that this would be noted that they got it today 10th and that it would not jepordize the time limit .

She said it wouldnt ( I hope).

I thanked her and put phone down but still fumin.

No wonder they take money off us , its to fund their b****y pointless letters. :mad:

I wonder if they will take it back out as in the letter I sent ive given hem authorisation to do just that.

Dont want it in my bank too long in case it gets used up.

They have already cleared the o/draft with it so they can damn well take it out again and I know that by doing this I will again be in my o/draft once again (hey, whats new) .Ive got a feelin they wont do this though even though they havent told me that they will withdraw the o/d facility.

Do you think they will. Sneaky like that.

Now Ja-De if your on here I think Ill go give my ironing the thrashin of its life. LOL

Regards:)

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

26-06-2007--Copy of N1 from Court, issued 21-06-2007. to Halifax, Deemed Served 25-06-2007

Just had a thought .

The letter from them came from Leeds yet the phone number Ive just rang was apparently in Pontefract ,( curtesy of Dursary)

This was the number to ring on the letter.:(

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

Hi Money

I dont want to do that cause wouldnt that be seen as accepting it then and Ive already sent the rejection letter that they have got today telling them I dont want it .

OMG just had another thought.

OH my brain hurts.

The letter I sent didnt say that I authorise them to take it back cause at the time of writing it they hadnt put it in.

What if they say the time is up cause they havent had authorisation to take it back:eek:

Gotta stop thinkin drivin me nuts.

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

Hi overflow, sorry I've not been here when you were havin a crisis. That Rachel Barker Is the person I spoke to yesterday, she's not much help at all. I hope you've thrashed that ironing of yours, & feel better. Hopefully I'll be able to catch you for a chat tomorrow afternoon or sooner.

--------------------------------

If you approve of my Post, please tip my scales.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi overflow, just checking in to see if you are online, hope you're alright.

Got a letter from court this morning telling me that haliprats acknowledged the claim on 10 July 2007, & that they intend to defend all of the claim, so SSL told me that they now have a further 14 days, she also says that I should keep checking my account, 'cos it could be any day now when I get all thats owed to me. Sanand has also got a letter this morning, with the same dates as me. I really hope you've heard something either today or very soon. Talk later, ja-de xxx

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi guys ,

Thanks for the concern Money and Ja-De. Im fine thanks, been a bit busy thats all but you know me cant keep off this site for long.:p

Glad to hear youve had a response Ja-De.

As you know I had one back from the Court to say the Haliprars had filed an Acknowledgment of Service on 29th June , but now Im confused cause it says on mine that the Defendant has 28 days from the date of Service to file Defence .

I take it this means that their time is up on 26th July is this right?

Ive been checking my account again todau to seeif they have taken it back but its still there.:mad:

What do I do if they dont take it out but do decide to go all the way, that would mean all they would be defending is the interest going by them, but, my spreadsheet just for the 8% amounts to a different amount than theirs so could I bring this up in Court?

Just hope Iget a letter from them tomorrow saying they recieved my Rejection letter and telling me they will eiher take it out or settle.

The Latter would be nice.

Regards :)

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

Hi overflow, glad to hear that you're OK. SSL has told me this morning that it's another 14 days on top of the 14 from Deemed Served, so by my reckoning they have until 23 July for your claim, & they have until 26 July for mine. (So I'm only 3 days behind you still). Catch you tomorrow, I hope ja-de xxx

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HI Ja-DE

Dont know what Im thinking, of course it is . I dont think I counted the weekeds. DOH!

Ive just been lookin at a thread on contractual interest ( at what cost). I poted a question on there cause they all seem to know what their on about.

Asked how I should go on about the bank putting refund in my account.

If they hought that I should hold out you know.

Was advised that if bank had put charges +8% + Court Fee into my acount that I should accept it. I was a Winner, trouble is I dont feel like a winner. I wish I had closed the account now so they couldnt have put it in then.

Im peeved cause I got the charge to nearly £1450.00 with 8% without th £120.00 Court fee.

They have put £1343.10 in bank and thats includin the Court Fee, so thats nearly £200 short of what I might have got if it went to Court.

Thats a lot when your not workin so Im right p****d off.:mad:

I was told I should get a letter off them the other day when I rang so might wait for that but Im not holdin my breath. I cant believe they have done this in such an underhanded way,( then again, it is the Haliprats Im talkin about).

Well Ill just wait and see what happens I suppose.

Glad you got yours back , not too long to wait now for you and sanand

too. Isnt hers the same deadline as yours?

Lets hope you get it soon and with no messing you about eh.

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

HiAll

Well so much for the Haliprats saying Ill get a letter in a couple of days re my Rejection Letter to them. Not a single peep.:mad:

Ive put a couple of posts on "Contractual Interest -Precedent --LOST" thread and had a lot of advice from people there.

Looks like Ive not a hope in hells chance now of getting the right amount back ( I reckon they are getting away with about £300) now its in my account. Dirty Rotten Sneaks.

That amount is a lot especially when your not working (still).

Like i said on there I'll put it down to experience and know better next time wont I .:(

ABBEY HERE I COME ALL GUNS BLAZIN :D

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

Hi overflow, never mind about that, 'cos there's so much info to take in, there's bound to be something we either don't know or even forget!!

Yes, we have the same date, mind you they cut it fine with mine, as the 14 days are up today, but I think they went over 14 with sanands, (but if I'm wrong, I'm sure she'll correct me) so now we add another 14, which will bring it to 26 July.

I'm really happy that you got your money (You have WON, because you have beaten the bank), & it's better in your pocket than theirs, lol. But I'm sorry about haliprats underhand manoeuvre, by putting it in your account without consent, & it being short of about £300.

Make sure you give the ShAbby a good run to get your money back from them. ja-de

PS Glad you're not leaving us yet. hehehe

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi both, yes they went over with mine and when I complained to the court they said they had given them a days grace, which I was fuming about cos if Halifax had been claiming from me I bet I wouldnt have got the extra day, so now my date is 23rd July, but the way other people are going im not holding my breath, they really do seem to be taking us all to the wire now, ive decided that they are b*****ds, and I feel MUCH better for that little rant! lol :D

[COLOR=red][/COLOR]

Good for you sanand, we all need to let a bit of steam off now & again, especially where the banks are concerned, so I say23_32_7.gif, I hope we all get our money sooner rather than later.

• Haha 1

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Ja-De & Sanand

Im not plannin ongoing just yet Ive got loads of fight in me yet Dont worry,

In fact Im just thinking about going for the Co-Op Bank . The account with them has been closed since my Husband passed in 1997 but seeing as the Statute of Limitations has more or less gone for a burton Im thinking "What the hell , why not"

Ill be filing against the Shabby soon as well so your gonna get sick of me:rolleyes: .

Ive just been reading or attemptng to read a govt doc (mst of whic went over my head) LOL. but it was about the excessively high profits the banks are making and how they are on track to make even more off the ordinary Joe Public.:shock:

Im still waiting though you never know I might get a letter off Haliprats telling me

"Yes of course we'll take the money out of your account and let you carry on with the Court thingy. No problem. How much would you like to claim back off us then. 1, 2, 3 thou perhaps. Would youl like that on a silver platter Mrs Overflow. Or perhaps delivered to your door by one of our Directors.

Howard? Yes Im sure we could get him to oblige"

NOT going to happen though is it. (but id love to see the neighbours faces if it did) :D

Hope you both hear something soon anyway Im sure you will.

Then youll both have something to celibrate .Are you planning to get anyone else or are you going to drift off this site, I hope NOT.

I think ths comp is havin a laugh now as keeps missin out letters ,Have to keep checkin txt to make sure it makes sense not gobble-de-gook.

Thanks for the replies guys Ill catch up on you later

regards :)

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

Hi overflow, when cash hits my account im gonna chase Barclays for hubby and im also gonna chase Halifax for charges ive had since this claim went in (only 2 but its the principle) so I would imagine ill be around for a while.

[COLOR=red][/COLOR]

Hi overflow, glad you feel a bit better now. I'm not planning on anyone else, as I only had haliprats dealing with my funds (or should I say lack of funds) since I split up with my ex-husband 14 years ago,but I'm not planning on leaving this site in a hurry either, you never know, but I just might be able to help others get their money back, 'cos my daughter & son in law have been through the wringer with their bank. So, I 'spose it'll be a case of watch this space. hehehe.

Catch you later.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi All

Ive not heard anything from Haliprats regarding the Rejection Letter I sent them, but, since they decided to put money in my account on the same day they got the letter I didnt think they would acknowledge it.

So I guess I'm a "WINNER" then hey guys.

Could I request that a mod changes my title please.

I knew that I was doomed not to get the CI from them after the Precedent was set on anyone using M & R argument.

Would have been nice but what the hell Im still £1,343 better off than I was last week. Even if they have taken half for my o/draft. At least thats not hangin over my head any more.

As I sent the letter of Rejection to them, WHAT do I do now.?

Do I write to them and tell them that Ive decided to take their offer,

seeing as they gave me no option really, and then do I notify the Court that the matter has now been settled?

Not sure , if someone could steer me in the right direction Id be very grateful.

Im plannin to go get the Abbey now and others if I can.

Cant just stay away from this site.

Just want to thank ALL the people who have helped me and gven me advice along the way. I could not have done it without you all.

Knowing you were all tere routin for me was such an enormous help.

Also a BIG THANK YOU to Mindzai for his fantastic spreadsheet. Youve made it so easy to understand ,even for a dumb clux like me. LOL.

I cringe when I see some of my earier posts on here, so many daft questions but Im learnin all the time with your help.

To All the Mods on here as well THANK YOU for all your hard work. It must seem like a thankless task sometimes yet you all seem to have the patience of a saint. Without you all there would be no site.

A much deserved donation will be winging its way to this site very soon.

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

ABBEY HERE I COME ALL GUNS BLAZIN :D

They're MY next targets - too - WHEN I've finished with HBOS and all the claims!

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

Overflow, did you recieve all your charges, interest and court fees?

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .