Are they allowed to do this

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6219 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I got my credit limit with Virgin raised by £1000.

I wondered how they went about deciding who gets a credit limit raise and was told by a Virgin employee over the phone that they ran regular credit checks on customers.

I can totally understand why they would do a credit check when you first apply for a credit card, but are they allowed to access your credit file whenever they want to for their own business needs?

The girl I spoke to on the phone said that they knew I had changed my mortage provider and had paid off another 2 credit cards, this absolutely horrified me. Surely they cannot go into their cutomers credit files and look at them on a regular basis and see what other credit you have OR CAN THEY?

24th August 2006 Template letter to Argos demanding late payment fee of 17.50 is returned.

Argos late payment fee of £17.50 is returned.

22nd Nov £5 late payment fee returned by BT.

Virgin credit card 2* £12 overlimit fees, LBA issued early Nov..... awaiting news

Doesn't sound right to me!!!

However, if they recently raised your credit limit, that may be the reason they have this "current" information. Perhaps she was slightly confused, and instead of them "regularly" looking at your credit files, they actually did so for the purpose you asked them to (increasing your limit) and this would explain how they knew some information.