• Tweets

• I'm not sure on the best option here, I'm happy to go with Tomlin, however I can afford to pay this one in full if needed and wonder whether I should be trying to get a reduced amount, perhaps in the court hallway before going in? that would require submitting a WS of some sort. What I 'like' (strong word) about TO in this instance, is that it allows me to keep my savings to hand for further accounts needing attention in the near future and I would hope gives me some control over the pcm amount.. I've read a number of TO threads now (fell to sleep at the keyboard last night ) but have a few questions please: - Do I specify the payment arrangement in a TO or the claimant? I'm thinking 20% lump upfront plus 96 months of circa 60 squid. - Who decides repayment amounts if CCJ is granted? if the judge, then do I submit I&E at any point? Given the amount of total debt across all my claims, I need to ensure anything I commit to is future proofed. I wouldn't want all my disposable income sent to this one debt, only to have another one in a month or two.
    • I'm sure I've said before that it's fine and dandy bringing in rules that favour you or your party, but you have to consider how it would play out if your opponents get in and want to use the same rules...
    • Its Gaelic celebration and bonfires today - Beltane Quite fortuitous for tomorrow lets hope
    • look on the bright side - it would allow Biden to do what he likes ...
    • Few tweaks as the run order was completely messed up and the main point of your defence (reconstituted agreement) pushed to the bottom of the statement.   I, XXXXXX, being the Defendant in this case will state as follows; I make this Witness Statement in support of my defence in this claim and further to my set aside application dated 1 November 2022. 1.The claimants witness statement confirms that it mostly relies on hearsay evidence as confirmed by the drafts in person in the opening paragraph. It is my understanding they must serve notice to any hearsay evidence pursuant to CPR 33.2(1)(B) (notice of intention to rely on hearsay evidence) and Section 2 (1) (A) of the Civil Evidence Act. 2.  I understand that the claimant is an Assignee, a buyer of defunct or bad debts, which are bought on mass portfolios at a much reduced cost to the amount claimed and which the original creditors have already wrote off as a capital loss and claimed against taxable income as confirmed in the claimants witness statement exhibit by way of the Deed of Assignment. 3. As an assignee or creditor as defined in section 189 of the CCA this applies to this new requirement on assignment of rights.  This means that when an assignee purchases debts (or otherwise acquires rights under a credit agreement) it also acquires certain obligations to the borrower including the duty to comply with CCA requirements (such as the rules on statements and notices and other post-contractual information).  The assignee becomes the creditor under the agreement. This ensures that essential consumer protections under the CCA cannot be circumvented by assigning the debt to a third party. 4.  I became aware of original Judgement following a routine credit check on or around 14th September 2020. 5. The alleged letter of claim dated 7 January 2020 was served to a previous address which I moved out of in 2018, no effort was made to ascertain my correct address.  I have attached a copy of my tenancy agreement which is marked ‘Appendix 1’ and shows I was residing at a difference address as of 11 December 2018 and was therefore not at the service address at the time the proceedings were served.  I have also attached an email from my solicitors to the Claimants solicitors dated 14 July 2022 which was sent to them requesting that they disclose the trace of evidence they utilised prior to issuing the proceedings against me.  This is marked ‘Appendix 2’. The claimants solicitors did not provide me with these documents. 6. Under The Pre-Action Protocol for Debt Claims 2017 a Debt Buyer must undertake all reasonable enquiries to ensure the correct address of a debtor, this can be as simple as a credit file search. The Claimant failed to carry out such basic checks. Subsequently all letters prior to and including ,The Pre action Protocol letter of claim dated 7 January 2020 and the claim form dated 14th February 2020 were all served to a previous address which I moved out of in 2018. 7. Upon the discovery of the Judgement debt, I made immediate contact with the Court and the Claimant Solicitors, putting them on notice that I was making investigations in relation to the Judgement debt as it was not familiar to me.  I asked them to provide me with a copy of the original loan agreement but this was not provided to me.   The correspondence to the Claimant Solicitor's is attached and marked ‘Appendix 3’ 8. On (insert date) I successfully made application to set a side the judgment. The claim proceeded to allocation, 9. The claimant failed to comply with the additional directions ordered by District Judge Davis on the 2 February 2024 'The Claim shall be automatically struck out at 4pm on 3 April 2024 unless the Claimant delivers to the Court and to the Defendant the following documents.' None of these documents were received by the court nor the defendant by that date. (insert date you did receive the documents) I then sent a Data Subject Access Request to Barclays but no agreement was provided. Details the timeline of communication between myself and Barclays are attached and marked ‘Appendix 4’and the copies of correspondence between myself and Barclays are attached and marked ‘Appendix 5’. Remove irrelevant 10.The claimant relies upon and has exhibited a reconstituted version of the alleged agreement. It is again denied that I have ever entered into an agreement with Barclaycard on or around 2000.  It is admitted that I did hold other credit agreements with other creditors and as such should this be a debt that was assigned to Barclaycard from another brand therefore the reconstituted agreement disclosed is invalid being pre April 2007 and not legally enforceable pursuant to HHJ Judge Waksman in Carey v HSBC 2009 EWHC3417.  Details of this are attached and marked ‘Appendix 6’. The original credit agreement must be provided along with any reconstituted version on a modified credit agreement and must contain the names and address of debtor and creditor, agreement number and cancelation clause. 11. Therefore the claimant is put to strict proof to disclose a true executed legible agreement on which its claim relies upon and not mislead the court. 12. It is denied I have ever received a default Notice pursuant to sec 87(1) CCA1974.The claimant is put to strict proof to evidence from the original creditors internal document software the trigger of said notice.  13.   As per CPR 1.4(2)(a) the court encourages parties to cooperate with each other in the conduct of proceedings in order to try and save time and costs for the parties and to also save the time and resources of the court however, despite vast attempts at mediation the claimants have been most unreasonable and have remained unwilling to mediate. 14. Until such time the claimant can comply and disclose a true executed copy of the original assigned agreement they refer to within the particulars of this claim they are not entitled while the default continues, to enforce the agreement pursuant to section 78.6 (a) of the Credit Consumer Act 1974. I believe that the facts stated in this Witness Statement are true.  I understand that proceedings for contempt of court may be brought against anyone who makes, or causes to be made, a false statement in a document verified by a statement of truth without an honest belief in its truth. Signed                 ………………………………………………….. Name                  XXXX Date                     30 April 2024   Run 3 copies Court /Claimants Sol/File
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

CCA Agreements (Mark II) PLUS any other topic

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4924 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

old

but still funny

:-)

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:

Follow your spirit; and, upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry! England and Saint George!'

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D

Ive got another question about a CCA request.

I CCA'd Marshall Ward on 27 March on the 8 May they will have commited the criminal offence. They had instructed Nationwide Debt Recovery (a dormant company) to chase me, i sent them NWD a letter stating MW still have to comply with my request. I have not heard from them since. I also wrote to thier head office. MW have now instructed GCC Debt Recovery who are also a dormant company. Should i CCA these people because in a weeks time MW will have committed the offence anyway? and if i CCA GGC will the time will start over again? Can a dormant company request money for alleged debts anyway?

Hi

Only the creditor is obliged to comply with a CCA request. If the DCA is only acting as agent for MW then it is MW that has to comply.

Catalogue accounts that are the 20 week/40 week interest free variety do not actually need credit agreements. It is the 50/100/150 week accounts with interest applied that must be set down in a CCA but many catalogue companies (for reasons known only to themselves :confused:) do not actually issue agreements for these accounts, or in some cases they send them out but don't insist on you signing and returning them! I have experienced both scenarios in the past.

Maybe yours will be one of these! ;) In any case, don't remind them of their obligations - until (if) they comply, they cannot enforce the debt. It is not our place to help them to understand their many obligations under the CCA. :rolleyes:

Regards, Pam

VITAL - IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE ABOUT THE INCREASED BAILIFFS' POWERS TO BREAK INTO YOUR HOME AND USE FORCE IN ORDER TO GET YOUR GOODS THEN JOIN THE PETITION HERE:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....l#post53879 9

Anyone seeing this who wants to help by copying it to their signature please do.

Hi

Only the creditor is obliged to comply with a CCA request. If the DCA is only acting as agent for MW then it is MW that has to comply.

Catalogue accounts that are the 20 week/40 week interest free variety do not actually need credit agreements. It is the 50/100/150 week accounts with interest applied that must be set down in a CCA but many catalogue companies (for reasons known only to themselves :confused:) do not actually issue agreements for these accounts, or in some cases they send them out but don't insist on you signing and returning them! I have experienced both scenarios in the past.

Maybe yours will be one of these! ;) In any case, don't remind them of their obligations - until (if) they comply, they cannot enforce the debt. It is not our place to help them to understand their many obligations under the CCA. :rolleyes:

Regards, Pam

Littlewoods are an interest free catalogue and they have just said they aren't pursuing our account due to lack of a credit agreement.

Where does it say that the interest free ones don't need an agreement?

Guys

I need your help....

my son's deep in the brown stuff and I need your careful scan of his lease agreement to ensure all the prescribed terms are there...

find me something to query... please

http://www.knowledgecommunity.co.uk/cag/bmwlease1.jpg

http://www.knowledgecommunity.co.uk/cag/bmwlease2.jpg

thanks

Z

thanks Dave,

Pam/BA/Pers/Peter

Comments please...

... background to this is that he was an IT salesman, had a fit (not whilst driving) but we were worried as to what it was, so went to hospital. They diagnosed revealed nothing but had to report him to DVLC and his license was suspended for 12 months. He lost his job and has been out of work for over 15 months. His wife works and supports him and the two kids, he has been to umpteen interviews in last 3 months since recovering his license, but finances have been hit and he has grabbed credit wherever he can get it to survive. Classic way of tightening your own noose.

They both want to do the 'right' thing so have tried to continue to pay a debt mountain - dont ask me how. They want to retain their (probably not great) credit rating. He is a proud man and only recently asked me for help. I have suggested writing and asking for 'holidays' from repayments so he can be more focused on getting a job. Some have agreed, most have declined.

I have advised him that his options are either a dmp with CSSS or to follow my route. Truth is I would prefer he went down the dmp route, since our route is still very experimental. For both routes their credit rating will be hit.

The car lease declined the holiday request. So, this leaves this agreement which I was hoping they would not be able to produce. If it is solid without holes then I am advising him to return the car - there is a termination statement (strange it says non-cancellable) but he would not have paid the 50% amount even though he has paid everything up until now with 8 months of the agreement left to completion (8x500=£4,000), and let them chase him for the difference. I am hoping we can find some holes in it to make it unexecuted.... but think it is wishful thinking

Anyone with better advice?

Thanks

Z

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

thanks Dave,

Pam/BA/Pers/Peter

Comments please...

... background to this is that he was an IT salesman, had a fit (not whilst driving) but we were worried as to what it was, so went to hospital. They diagnosed revealed nothing but had to report him to DVLC and his license was suspended for 12 months. He lost his job and has been out of work for over 15 months. His wife works and supports him and the two kids, he has been to umpteen interviews in last 3 months since recovering his license, but finances have been hit and he has grabbed credit wherever he can get it to survive. Classic way of tightening your own noose.

They both want to do the 'right' thing so have tried to continue to pay a debt mountain - dont ask me how. They want to retain their (probably not great) credit rating. He is a proud man and only recently asked me for help. I have suggested writing and asking for 'holidays' from repayments so he can be more focused on getting a job. Some have agreed, most have declined.

I have advised him that his options are either a dmp with CSSS or to follow my route. Truth is I would prefer he went down the dmp route, since our route is still very experimental. For both routes their credit rating will be hit.

The car lease declined the holiday request. So, this leaves this agreement which I was hoping they would not be able to produce. If it is solid without holes then I am advising him to return the car - there is a termination statement (strange it says non-cancellable) but he would not have paid the 50% amount even though he has paid everything up until now with 8 months of the agreement left to completion (8x500=£4,000), and let them chase him for the difference. I am hoping we can find some holes in it to make it unexecuted.... but think it is wishful thinking

Anyone with better advice?

Thanks

Z

Hi Zubo

The documents are very difficult to read and if you can't read all of the text either then you can demand that they send an 'easily legible' copy (as required under the regs).

Unfortunately all of the prescribed terms appear to be present so IMO it's unlikely to be fatally flawed. If any other required information is missing it might be 'improperly executed' and thus enforceable on an order of the court only.

You should check the maths and also check that all of the required statutory statements are present, but I can't read it clearly enough to see if they are or not.

Regards, Pam

VITAL - IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE ABOUT THE INCREASED BAILIFFS' POWERS TO BREAK INTO YOUR HOME AND USE FORCE IN ORDER TO GET YOUR GOODS THEN JOIN THE PETITION HERE:

Anyone seeing this who wants to help by copying it to their signature please do.

Littlewoods are an interest free catalogue and they have just said they aren't pursuing our account due to lack of a credit agreement.

Where does it say that the interest free ones don't need an agreement?

Hi

I may be mistaken about 'interest free' accounts. :o It's just that I have never received an agreement for a 20/40 week account but I have sometimes received one for a 100+ week account.

I have also had accounts with small stores, e.g. a school uniform supplier when my children were younger, and never had agreements with those either.

This needs to be checked further but unfortunately I don't have time myself this weekend as it's a busy one!

Anyone else know the answer?

Regards, Pam

found this

WRITTEN AGREEMENTS

Catalogue debts are usually regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974, unless the agreement requires less than 5 payments in 12 months, or where the credit you have been given has never been more than £50. The Consumer Credit Act 1974 requires a written credit agreement which must be signed by both the borrower and the lender.

INFORMATION

Although catalogue companies should give you a credit agreement under the terms of the Act this does not always happen. In this case, or if the agreement has not been signed by both parties, it is not enforceable in the county court.

Section 16(5) of the Act allows orders to be made re exempt agreements. (I do not have a copy of the relevant SI) I recall something about low-rate agreements (which would include interest-free catalogue accounts I guess) and number of payments not exceeding four.

Section 17 exempts small agreements (under £50). This was to exempt things like the monthly milk bill or newspaper deliveries.

HTH.

I am no longer welcome on CAG

• Haha 1

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

Hi

I may be mistaken about 'interest free' accounts. It's just that I have never received an agreement for a 20/40 week account but I have sometimes received one for a 100+ week account.

I have also had accounts with small stores, e.g. a school uniform supplier when my children were younger, and never had agreements with those either.

This needs to be checked further but unfortunately I don't have time myself this weekend as it's a busy one!

Regards, Pam

Also this on the cca1974

8 Consumer credit agreements

(1) A personal credit agreement is an agreement between an individual (“the debtor”) and any other person (“the creditor”) by which the creditor provides the debtor with credit of any amount.

9 Meaning of credit

(1) In this Act “credit” includes a cash loan, and any other form of financial accommodation.

10 Running-account credit and fixed-sum credit

(1) For the purposes of this Act—

(a) running-account credit is a facility under a personal credit agreement whereby the debtor is enabled to receive from time to time (whether in his own person, or by another person) from the creditor or a third party cash, goods and services (or any of them) to an amount or value such that, taking into account payments made by or to the credit of the debtor, the credit limit (if any) is not at any time exceeded;

I'm sure that restricted use credit (where any loan can only be used to purchase specific goods) also applies

so in that case YES they would come under the cca1974

Dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D

Hi Zubo

The documents are very difficult to read and if you can't read all of the text either then you can demand that they send an 'easily legible' copy (as required under the regs).

Unfortunately all of the prescribed terms appear to be present so IMO it's unlikely to be fatally flawed. If any other required information is missing it might be 'improperly executed' and thus enforceable on an order of the court only.

You should check the maths and also check that all of the required statutory statements are present, but I can't read it clearly enough to see if they are or not.

Regards, Pam

Pam/Peter

Look at these sums:

(a) Cash price (inc vat) £26,829.65

(b) Less initial rental/deposit £4,300

© Balance of cash price/amount of credit £22,529.65

(d) Add Charges £4,588.44

(e) Administration fee payable with first Monthly Rental £95.00

(f) Purchase fee payable with Final Rental (inc vat) £25.00

(g) Total charge for credit (d)+(e)+(f) £4,708.44

(h) Balance of Amount Payable © + (g) £27,238.09

(i) Total Amount Payable (b)+(h) £31,538.09

APR 9.6%

The balance shown at (h) above is payable by:

35 Monthly Rentals beginning 1 month after the start date of this agreement £454.62

followed by a final payment of £11,206.39 and the Purchase Fee of £25 payable 1 month later: Total £11,231.39

Now do the last 2 calculations - 35x £454.62=£15,911.70 add £11,231.39=£27,143.09 not £27,238.98 ie £95.89 difference.

How significant is the error do we think? Does it become unexecuted because it is incorrect?

Will it buy him time to get a job?

Thanks

Z

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pam/Peter

Look at these sums:

(a) Cash price (inc vat) £26,829.65

(b) Less initial rental/deposit £4,300

© Balance of cash price/amount of credit £22,529.65

(d) Add Charges £4,588.44

(e) Administration fee payable with first Monthly Rental £95.00

(f) Purchase fee payable with Final Rental (inc vat) £25.00

(g) Total charge for credit (d)+(e)+(f) £4,708.44

(h) Balance of Amount Payable © + (g) £27,238.09

(i) Total Amount Payable (b)+(h) £31,538.09

APR 9.6%

The balance shown at (h) above is payable by:

35 Monthly Rentals beginning 1 month after the start date of this agreement £454.62

followed by a final payment of £11,206.39 and the Purchase Fee of £25 payable 1 month later: Total £11,231.39

Now do the last 2 calculations - 35x £454.62=£15,911.70 add £11,231.39=£27,143.09 not £27,238.98 ie £95.89 difference.

How significant is the error do we think? Does it become unexecuted because it is incorrect?

Will it buy him time to get a job?

Thanks

Z

Hi

The Total Amount Payable (TAP) is not a 'prescribed term', but it is a required term. If the TAP is incorrectly shown (where the total is b + h ('h' being incorrectly calculated) then this would make the agreement 'improperly executed' NOT unexecuted.

Improperly executed agreements are enforceable on an order of the court only. If the court allows enforcement, it has discretion to make any changes it sees fit, in order to compensate the borrower for any prejudice caused.

So, if YOUR calculations are correct then the creditor cannot enforce the agreement without first applying to the court for permission. This means that no further payments need be made until this happens.

Regards, Pam

not sure if i missed something...

theres a £95 admin fee to be paid with the first payment

had you already taken that into account?

Dave

Ooops, you're right. Didn't see page 2 ... doh... and it seems to have all the proper termination clauses. It seems to have all proscribed terms (although I didn't notice a FSA credit license no... do you need to have one)

Doh!

However, if you check the FSA website, FSA Register you will find that their registration appears to be effecitive AFTER THE DATE OF THE AGREEMENT

I am unsure what "Unable to hold client money" means. Anyone have any ideas?

312578 - BMW Financial Services(GB) Limited

Authorised*Effective Date:14/01/2005 *Address:Europa House

5 Bartley Wood Business Park

Bartley Way

Hook

Hampshire

RG27 9UF

Phone:

Fax:

Email:

44 01256 747 000

44 01256 749 569

[email protected]

BMW Financial Services

Notices:Unable to hold client money.

I have no idea if this helps or not...

Poor slobs, and they had a decent soliciter and all:)

Tom

That is excellent - well spotted.

I do believe that they have committed an offence - writing CCA financial business without a licence is a serious offence.

Also, surely this agreement is not worth the paper its written on.

I'm going to go through the Act to see about licenses.

Z

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi

I may be mistaken about 'interest free' accounts. :o It's just that I have never received an agreement for a 20/40 week account but I have sometimes received one for a 100+ week account.

Hi Pam

Found this

OTHER EXEMPTIONS

Regulated credit agreements for which there is no charge for credit and which satisfy the

conditions set out in the section on ‘exemption from the requirement to send a separate

notice of cancellation rights’ in the booklet Cancellable agreements (specialised types of

business such as catalogue mail order) are exempt from the requirements relating to the

disclosure of the APR and the inclusion of prescribed signature boxes and statements of

protection and remedies.

Pretty much everything you would expect in a normal agreement under the cca.

Peter

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Hello all,

It is rather quiet on the Citicard board so I was wondering some of the CCA mega-brains here would like to nip over there and give their opinions on http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-779233.html ?

I have some ideas but other input would be gratefully received.

(sorry for cross-posting but this could be of interest!)

apologies to any who has seen this on the "other" thread..I just need to get some opinions.

have a look at

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-780736.html

Any ideas / comments

Also

They need the original doc to proceed to court. my agreement looks like a microfiche copy......I DIDN'T sign a microfiche, I wonder if the have the original at all? or if they've archived everthing to save space.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-757767.html

is a photocopy of an agreement good enough, photocopys can be doctored. in fact when you are applying for certain things you have to send original docs....photocopies wont do !!

or is my thinking gone awry again

Dave

Granted, however, "repayments = number and amounts" are and if they are incorrect then the agreement is improperly executed and unenforceable in court as it is a prescribed term.

Are the repayments correct?

Jay-R

Jay-R

I am assuming that you mean the repayments should repay the debt

The (number x amount) + final payments are almost £100 short of the debt.

Therefore they are incorrect.

However I would like to understand why this is unenforceable at court - why cannot the court order a change to the final payment? (playing devil's advocate)

Z

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HI Z

Repayments are a prescribed term

Cheers Peter

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS