CCA Agreements (Mark II) PLUS any other topic

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4939 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You must have already had it

its written into the cca (somewhere)

Dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:

Follow your spirit; and, upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry! England and Saint George!'

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes santos, got that letter too. Look carefully, it's all accompanied by a nice rise in interest rates as well.

Changes nothing for me, they haven't complied with my S78 request and so can't impose new agreements just cos they feel like it.

They keep ringing me now, and I refuse to answer the security details, really annoys them. When they rang earlier I answered with:

"Good evening, Church of the Divine Brotherhood, how can I help you my child?"

They hung up.

I got sent a copy of Cap1's new T&C's/Agreement in reply to a CCA request I made for my OH.

The account was opened in 2000, closed in 2005, and they've sent me this huge (bigger than A4/Foolscap) sheet of glossy new crap.

what's in my wallet?.... the recorded delivery stub for a letter I sent back to them saying "What the hell do you take me for?" or words to that effect.

I sense a court claim coming up rather rapid - especially as there's a default involved due to their bloody PPI insurance company paying late every month for 8 months.

Pleased...Me.....NOPE :mad:

If my advice has helped, please click on my scales. Thank you!

MBNA - CRA file to be cleared then finished!

Abbey Personal - Final LBA 28/5/7 - then Court

Capital One - Final LBA 28/5/7 - then Court

GMAC - Sent DCA SAR 9th March 07 - confirmed not legally assigned.

Waiting for GMAC to provide breakdown of charges and CCA under s79

Alliance & Leicester - Final LBA 28/5/7 - then Court.

I have just spotted something at the top it says 'Credit Agreement Regulated by The Consumer Credit Act 1974'

Right hand side it says 'By signing this application form you consent to.....'

Then at the very bottom it where it has a dodgy signature of mine it says' This is a Credit Agreement Regulated blah blah...'

Well what is it an Agreement or Application because it clearly states that it is both!

HI

Copies under s77/78 CCA do not have to show any signatures or your name/address on them but they must contain all of the prescribed terms: amount of credit (where applicable), credit limit, interest rate and amounts/frequency of repayments. If any of these are missing it is not enforceable.

Regards, Pam

VITAL - IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE ABOUT THE INCREASED BAILIFFS' POWERS TO BREAK INTO YOUR HOME AND USE FORCE IN ORDER TO GET YOUR GOODS THEN JOIN THE PETITION HERE:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....l#post53879 9

Anyone seeing this who wants to help by copying it to their signature please do.

Hi

I too have had an agreement 'makeover' from CapOne. A lovely fully compliant document that will apparently apply to my account from July.

The *$^* it will!!!

MY agreement is the one I signed back in year Zero. Well, I say agreement, but if I recall correctly it was an application form only.

Me thinks the penny might have dropped for CapOne and they are trying to slip 'proper' agreements in through the back door, in the hope that we consumer 'morons' will not realise what is happening!

Hellooooo! Our light bulbs are all switched on now - we have seen the light!! :D

Regards, Pam

VITAL - IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE ABOUT THE INCREASED BAILIFFS' POWERS TO BREAK INTO YOUR HOME AND USE FORCE IN ORDER TO GET YOUR GOODS THEN JOIN THE PETITION HERE:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....l#post53879 9

Anyone seeing this who wants to help by copying it to their signature please do.

No peter if you want to see aREALLY crap agreement

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-763464.html

now thats crap

Dave

I stand corrected

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Hi

I too have had an agreement 'makeover' from CapOne. A lovely fully compliant document that will apparently apply to my account from July.

The *$^* it will!!!

MY agreement is the one I signed back in year Zero. Well, I say agreement, but if I recall correctly it was an application form only.

Me thinks the penny might have dropped for CapOne and they are trying to slip 'proper' agreements in through the back door, in the hope that we consumer 'morons' will not realise what is happening!

Hellooooo! Our light bulbs are all switched on now - we have seen the light!! :D

Regards, Pam

Can I join the CrapOne club!!! I got the new T&C's yesterday too. Silly so and so's!!!

Door, bolted, shut, horse, are the words that spring to mind!!!:D

CLICK ON THE SCALES IF YOU THINK I HAVE HELPED!

I AM NOT SCARED ANYMORE!:rolleyes:

MBNA - To quote "The Carpenters", We've Only Just Begun..................;):D

HSBC - Settled.

Capital One - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Goldfish - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Tesco - SAR issued.

:!: -Any advise I give is based purely on my own experience. It should not be solely relied upon as I am NOT a legal expert and any major decisions you make should not be based on my opinion alone -

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

Barclays - Monthly payments made

Cahoot - Agreement received, awaiting 2nd agreement after DCA.

MBNA1&2 - Agreements received. (Currently in limbo)

Halifax - Davey vs Halifax/Cabot

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Cap1 **WON** £1,500 Written Off Davey vs Cap1

Never Sign Anything

I don't know too much yet about spotting a good/bad cca, but the third image here, is post 2006! Re the charges (£12 going over limit etc!)

As for image 1, not much different to what I received from Crap1, and was told that there were many missing prescribed terms.

Someone, will I am sure, verify all images.

Pers

ah yes Perseus..£12 for charges IS post 2006 isn't it. I hadn't noticed that, thanks. Certainly not the terms and conditions i would have originally signed up to when taking out the card in May 2004!

:!: -Any advise I give is based purely on my own experience. It should not be solely relied upon as I am NOT a legal expert and any major decisions you make should not be based on my opinion alone -

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

8-) :-)

Hi everyone, have recently sent off CCA requests to several debt collectors dealing with bank debts on which I am disputing charges. So far they have all defaulted, as we are past the 12 working-day limit, and the 30 days is nearly up - but after jumping up n down with joy thinking my debts were about to be wiped out, I've realised that I don't know if the DCAs had bought the debts or are only acting as agents. One of them has replied saying that they are 'contacting their client for the information' (no Agreement has yet materialised) so I guess they, at least, hadn't bought the debt. Another DCA has taken my £1 and paid it towards my debt, with no mention of the Agreement I requested, and as this was the biggest debt, of nearly £8,000, I'm really hoping I can regard this as a default! The others haven't responded at all.

I now don't know whether to jump for joy or not! Should I assume that it's the DCAs' responsibility to let me know if they are only acting as agents, so therefore after the 30 days the debts will be wiped out if they don't respond? Or have I written to the wrong people - should I write to the banks with the same payments, requesting the same info? errrrgh, confused .......

Be glad of any help you can offer,

Sirensinger

if you have worded you request properly in the vien of "you have a duty to supply this information if you are the original creditor or not". then if they have cashed the money the responsibility lies with them.

I would wait until they are past the thirty days and then go for them

Dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D

Hi

Its an application form it says on the top, and according to our friend at the OFT an application form will not be acceptqale in a court instead of an agreement.

A copy of the letter from the OFT is on the other thread.

I'm not being lazy... honest! I've gone googly-eyed searching through 'the other thread' for the letter referred to above! Can anybody let me know the post #? :???:

I have reported Cap One to Trading Standards (amongst others) and have had a couple of interesting telephone calls with them. They are pursuing the criminal offence (her words) although whether it can be pursued will depend on what evidence Cap One can come up with.

I have also been told by them that the agreement must be accompanied by the orginal T&C's which I haven't had yet. The last lady who called me was most disgusted with the contents of the letters from Cap One.

She also asked me if I was interested in pursuing the criminal offence further if there is no evidence of compliance. I did go through the motions of considering what she asked for a whole second before I said I would!

It's early stages yet but I can hope and dream, can't I?

• Haha 1

I have reported Cap One to Trading Standards (amongst others) and have had a couple of interesting telephone calls with them. They are pursuing the criminal offence (her words) although whether it can be pursued will depend on what evidence Cap One can come up with.

I have also been told by them that the agreement must be accompanied by the orginal T&C's which I haven't had yet. The last lady who called me was most disgusted with the contents of the letters from Cap One.

She also asked me if I was interested in pursuing the criminal offence further if there is no evidence of compliance. I did go through the motions of considering what she asked for a whole second before I said I would!

It's early stages yet but I can hope and dream, can't I?

Jones, never mind all this bloody rubbish! I want to know how you have become a site helper????? What's going on there???? Why has nobody asked me to be a site helper?? I am truly wounded!!!

Joking aside, this is fantastic, you must keep with it! I am hoping that now we are past Tuesday you are well and truly oiled!

Site helper indeed..............:grin::grin::grin::grin:

Love, Corn x:)

CLICK ON THE SCALES IF YOU THINK I HAVE HELPED!

I AM NOT SCARED ANYMORE!:rolleyes:

MBNA - To quote "The Carpenters", We've Only Just Begun..................;):D

HSBC - Settled.

Capital One - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Goldfish - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Tesco - SAR issued.

Thanks Corn, I'm not sure how it happened either!

Oh yes, it is after all Thursday and the very large glass of wine is now consumed. I am not as coherent as I was and I don't care.

Don't be wounded Corn, you are a helper to me and I couldn't have got where I am now without you.

I was worried you would all hate me for turning to the dark side. Can I still come to the party?

Seriously, thanks for the kind words. You're a gem!

Cheers

oyyy

i don't get my shiraz until tommorrow....... had to make do with a vodka and coke tonight (a smallish one)

dae

weeeeeeelllllllllllllll, maybe :-)

but I do enjoy a bottle or two of wine at the weekend. my posts from friday to sunday are usually a bit "off"

:-)

congrats by the way

dave

Ive got another question about a CCA request.

I CCA'd Marshall Ward on 27 March on the 8 May they will have commited the criminal offence. They had instructed Nationwide Debt Recovery (a dormant company) to chase me, i sent them NWD a letter stating MW still have to comply with my request. I have not heard from them since. I also wrote to thier head office. MW have now instructed GCC Debt Recovery who are also a dormant company. Should i CCA these people because in a weeks time MW will have committed the offence anyway? and if i CCA GGC will the time will start over again? Can a dormant company request money for alleged debts anyway?

Got an interesting reply from the OFT today, at last, following up my complaint re MBNA etc for a CCA.

I'll try and attach it here for you to read, plus their inclusion of a complaint form re Debt Collectors practices.

Both very interesting, and worth reading/completing.

Perseus

OFT notice re failure to provide CCA.doc

Complaint Form to OFT re Debt Collection Practices.DOC

Got an interesting reply from the OFT today, at last, following up my complaint re MBNA etc for a CCA.

I'll try and attach it here for you to read, plus their inclusion of a complaint form re Debt Collectors practices.

Both very interesting, and worth reading/completing.

Perseus

That does clarify things a a long way as it says "to provide the debtor/hirer with a copy of the executed agreement".

Although i am still a bit confused as the whether an 'application form' is acceptable. CCA reply from Capital One today is an application form copy. Although it says "I have read the terms an conditions setting out the agreement with Capital One" and, "if my application is successful, I agree to be bound by these terms and conditions".

There is no mention of amounts, interest rates etc

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything