Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

About Sirensinger

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder
  1. Hi, just thought I'd mention my case - already posted elsewhere on here, butit might help others to read some of the points. I also lost where there was no Agreement, and didn't appeal, though I really wanted to, feeling that either the judge had been wrong, which meant that the appeal judge might also be wrong and land me with even more costs, or that something I'd said in court had lost me the case - I did say I didn't remember whether or not I'd signed an agreement, and the judge actually said something like 'if Sirensinger had said she had never signed an agreement, it would be a diff
  2. Just happened on this thread, and pleased to see some people at least trying to think of how to fight back against these criminal organisations. I have spent over 4 years fighting seven banks, and can hardly believe the catalogue of lies etc. I've been subjected to. I'd also like to know how the legal system is allowing the banks to get away with murder - a district judge allowed HSBC to get a CCJ and ultimately a Charging Order against me when they had no CCA, he completely ignored my case law and then stated that the situation was 'complicated for a layperson to understand'. A legal
  3. Hi, can anyone suggest what I should do in this case? Briefly as poss, I had a debt of around £1,000 with ********* bank, I requested return of bank charges - it was stayed pending test case, I got it unstayed as it was a credit card - they were asked to submit defence again and didn't, I applied for Judgment by Default, adding a sum in respect of interest - ***** bank's solicitor then wrote to me refunding most of the money but stating that interest was too high and they would not refund it. I wrote saying couldn't consider matter closed until all refunded - though later began to suspect I
  4. Hi all Does anyone know what the position is if a debt is passed to a DCA and the DCA doesn't have a CCA, but I originally did have one from the original creditor. I'm going for a set aside of a judgment the DCA has gained that I didn't receive the papers for, & intend to use the 'no CCA' argument too. As I understand it, the DCA should have this once the debt is sold on, regardless of the position with the original creditor. Yes, they may be able to get it from the original creditor, but if they can't, and I don't admit having had one, is the debt still unenforceable? Do DCAs and
  5. Hi all - well, as a formerly law-abiding person who'd never seen the inside of a court, I have completely revised my opinion of the English legal system during my four-year fight against the banks. I am in the position of having won back £3,000 in bank charges, yet been made liable for just over that in court costs etc. by the banks who managed to beat me as a result of their lying, misinformation and flouting of the law during the cases. Their solicitors have routinely lied, wasted my time and tried everything to get court orders through without me even knowing about them until it
  6. Hi all - I have finally seen the Judgment from my case last year, and would like to post it here, since I'd like to hear your comments - but when I try to copy and paste it, 'paste' is not accessible. what am I doing wrong please? Thanks! Sirensinger
  7. Hi, sorry I haven't replied to this, am suffering from depression & it's quite hard to do anything! I didn't explain properly - I had a Trial, I think it was 17 June 2009 - District Judge (didn't like me at all!) said he couldn't give a decision at the time but would give it within a month. It didn't arrive in a month - so I went to Court office and enquired - they said, no, nothing in the file. I enquired again a few months after - same reply. I thought this was a bit odd but didn't know what else to do. Nothing arrived. Sometime later in 2009 I got an 'offer' from HSBC sayin
  8. Hi, just looking through here for help, and thought I should post my situation, because it's similar - I was also in the situation where HSBC had no existing agreement - their sols had at one point said in a letter that 'as the account is closed there is no existing agreement under which the bank can be seen as a creditor' but the Judge found against me, I think it must be based on DG's argument that the history on the account and the statements proved it had existed (I haven't yet found out what the Judge's reasons were because the Court, bless them, sent the Judgment to the wrong address, an
  9. Does anyone have any advice on what I should do next, in the light of recent test cases on Unenforceable Agreements? HSBC have admitted to having 'lost' the CCA which relates to a credit card I held with them, yet the solicitor for them argued that the court should accept that 'there must have been one, otherwise we would not have advanced the money, and the statements prove that Sirensinger had the money'. I argued that under Section 127 of the Consumr Credit Act the court was precluded from making an order. The solicitor said 'the Act does not say that the Agreement must be 'produced
  10. I saw on the net a short article saying that a judge somewhere or other is putting forward some cases re the above as Test Cases. Does anyone know anything about this? The article said that if they went ahead it would result in all cases re unenforceable debts being put on hold. I haven't seen anything about it anywhere else, so wonder if any of you have further info? I've found myself fighting several of these cases, having started off trying to get bank charges refunded, then discovering many of the banks hadn't got the agreements - like many others here, I'm sure. Am awaiting a
  11. Couldn't find where I should really post this, so am trying here as you seem as if you can all do maths! - apols if I'm interrupting the thread, just need a quick answer. Am filling in a Request for Judgment against Nationwide, and have got Warrant of Execution form, intending to give both in tomorrow. I claimed the "interest pusuant to s.69 County Courts Act" at 0.00022 per day, but didn't really understand it. Now it looks like I have to calculate it and put it on the Request for Judgment where it says "Interest since date of claim (if any)" Tried to calculate it online (fro
  12. Hi all, just wondering if anyone knows what I should be doing next - had a trial a while back re an HSBC debt where they've admitted there's no CCA - I had originally claimed charges back, and they finally knocked these off just before the trial, where my case against them and theirs against me were consolidated. However, by that time I was fighting on the grouns of unenforceability. The DG spokesperson asked the Court to accept that 'because HSBC wouldn't have lent such a large sum of money without having a signed CCA, there must have been one'. She pointed out that 'there is nothing t
  13. Hi all, Confused about costs -- re my case against HSBC, I had claimed to have bank charges removed from a debt of £7,700ish; they then claimed for the whole debt, also went for charge on house, & got judgment by default; I applied for set aside on grounds there's no CCA - it was set aside and charge taken off house; the two cases were consolidated, just had the trial, which Judge hasn't yet given decision on. My question is: He's asked for my Schedule of Costs, and I don't know whether I'm supposed to be claiming for costs for all the hearings, etc., throughout the case - and
  14. I've posted details of my case elsewhere on the site, but just had a thought and wonder if anyone knows the answer - if I have a case allocated to the Fast Track because it's for over £5,000, and lose, could I then make a new Claim for only part of the amount, under £5,000, so that it would go into the Small Claims Track and I wouldn't be liable for costs? Or can't you make more than one Claim relating to the same debt? Tess
  15. Hi, I have posted about my case under HSBC thread, but basically I had a trial the other day where there is no CCA, and the judge hasn't given a decision yet, but if it goes against me, I will be landed with over £2,000 of costs. I'm in huge financial hardship, to the point where I've considered bankruptcy (though not going down that route yet). I earned under £4,000 from self-employment last year, and currently have no work - plus debts and disputes with 5 other banks and the Student Loans Co., and an unrenovated property in France that the Maire is threatening to declare dangerous unl
  • Create New...