Smutley V Barclays

smutley
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3662 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rang CCC this morning, notice on its way to me, I have been included in the Oral Hearings on 19th Oct at 10.30 am to lift the stay. Now Im scared... !! Have to submit day before for Judge to read my reasons, no need to serve on barclays - thats what I was told by clerk on phone - and whats that to go by!!

phew have just about done the 3 bundles... printer has run out of ink.. so will print the last pages in work tomorrow.. and just the indexing to do... now I have to learn it all, strange how the brain goes blank, stage fright I suppose!!!... roll on friday.. and one small thing, it would be nice to actually receive the notice of hearing that the clerk at ccc said was on its way to me!

nearly forgot, have to get one to the court by Thurs, think I will ring b's lit and just fax them my skeleton arguement and issue their bundle to them in court

I am very needy indeedy, dont think Ill show the judge my knees though.. ive got a dark blue file for him, light blue for b's (their colour) and bright pink for me... now what does that say ?

lol, going to ask b's to give the file back though...not letting them legit with my file..or on second thoughts, could go into b's tomorrow and ask them for some files to put statements in and use that for them

still not received notice from the court confirming hearing, although I was told by court clerk that I had been included in the oral hearings listed for this friday. Bundle is going in tomorrow. Do you think I should ring barclays as clerk did not think this was necessary. I will ring the court again tomorrow to clarify. I will be gutted if this is a court clerk classic co^k up

Hi Val, the site was down for maintenance, there was a notice on the general thread

I have received the same notice as you only mine is at 10.45 and yours is the slot before... dont understand at all what it is for, as Judge H said he would be writing to us.. unless it is to tell us in person and as it says no attendance necessary, we then get a transcript from the court? Have you got any ideas?

Heres my notice

Take notice that the hearing will take place on 30 October 2007 at 10.45 AM at Cardiff County Court

NO ATTENDANCE REQUIRED

5 minutes has been allowed for the hearing

Please note: This case may be released to another Judge, possibly at a different Court.

Hello Jenny, Have you seen this, I emailed Alanfromderby,and this is the reply, i was trying to forward my details to him as asked on the judicial review site where crfx has put that together. they want your details and everyone else possible. not sure if my hardship details are enough, but the other grounds we put forward might be? :-

Hi

Thanks for your message, actually the server was down on Thursday/Friday for

essential maintenance work - it was nothing caused by outside influence as

it is our own server.

Our final submissions will be going to the FSA tomorrow, so if you wish your

case to be included then please can you let me have the details today if

possible.

It may also interest you to know that we have been contacted by Guy Weaver,

who is a journalist working for MoneyMail. He has asked for anyone who has a

complaint about a bank failing to action claims where they are going through

financial hardship.

As your case may fall within that category, you might wish to consider

contacting him to discuss your situation.

Thanks again for your support.

Best Regards

Alan

Guy Anker - Contact Details:

[email protected]

Tel: +44 (0)20 7938 6138

Fax: +44 (0)20 7937 8161

Mobile +44 (0)7960347105

Daily Mail,

Northcliffe House,

2 Derry Street, Kensington,

London, W8 5TT

----- Original Message -----

To: "'alan@CAG'"

Sent: Sunday, October 28, 2007 1:09 PM

Subject: FW: remove waiver

Hi Val, not sure if I technically can use the hardship option, my working tax credit goes into a different account as the one I am claiming for. But I suspose I am still in receipt... so what details do they need, claim number, brief details?

Hi jenny, well I emailed alanfromderby and sent my full details including the history of my claim as well as a version of the court event on 19th up to getting this judgement hearing. I don't think mine would be considered hardship caused by the penalties, it is a contributory factor, but hoping the other factors could be used, timing of announcement in relation to my claim about to be considered for settlement, the fact that they made a partial offer, failed to send any paperwork?

I don't know, but give it a try val

NOTICE OF JUDGEMENT HEARING 30 OCT AT 10.45 FOR 5 MINS - NO ATTENDANCE REQUIRED

Rang ccc - the Judge has to officially lay down his reasons for not lifting the stay at the hearing on the 19th Oct and we will receive his judgement in letter format within 5 days.

So this will be the exciting letter we have been waiting for which may be to our benefit... the mind boggles!

Hi MB, reading the email that Val (Olden) had from Alan F it looks like if you are claiming for the stay to be lifted under the hardship clause, the Daily Mail are interested in hearing from anyone - prob going to do a feature article and looking for cases that they can use.

Thanks Jenny I was about to phone the court, and came here first. I don't think it will be anything to get excited about though, By the way looking at Judicial review site you can still send your details in directly to the FSA as well as the Daily Mail.