Taking Cabot to court for failing to supply HSBC CCA + Distress etc

tbern123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5447 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

... but who's asking the questions tbern? - that's what concerns me. The details on the 'scor' website, suggests the papers have been submitted for approval ( or some such language - too tired to re read it just now, gotta get up to B'ham tomorrow,) but it says nothing about what response or what might be challenged by the one party it most affects - the consumer'.

tBern and co would be nothing without people like you, Pam. A veritable oasis of helpful advice in a desert of corruption. (OOH. I'd better write that one down.) ;)

...told you he had a way with words ! :D

Slightly off topic: Money:

Morris and his wife Esther went to the seaside every year, and every year Morris would watch the helicopter giving pleasure flights and say "Esther, I'd like to ride in that helicopter."

Esther always replied, "I know Morris, but that helicopter ride is fifty quid, and fifty quid is fifty quid."

One year Morris said,"Esther, I'm 85 years old. If I don't ride that helicopter, I might never get another chance." To this, Esther

replied, "Morris that helicopter is fifty quid, and fifty quid is fifty quid."

The pilot happened to be walking by and overheard the couple and said,

"Folks I'll make you a deal. I'll take the both of you for a ride. If you can stay quiet for the entire ride and not say a word, I won't charge you! But if you say one word, it's fifty quid."

Morris and Esther agreed and up they went.

The pilot did all kinds of fancy manoeuvres, but not a word was heard.

He did his daredevil tricks over and over again, but still not a word.

When they landed, the pilot turned to Morris and said,

"By golly, I did everything I could to get you to yell out, but you didn't. I'm impressed!"

Morris replied, "Well, to tell you the truth, I almost said something when Esther fell out, but you know, fifty quid is fifty quid."

Happy Easter everyone :D

Sorry tbern ... back to Cabot.......

• 4 weeks later...

Might this be a little like CitiFinancial who have a certain Brian Smith who acts as their solicitor but writes on their headed paper and refers to Citi as 'his client'?

Even that is confusing, but it might just be another WW & Europe/UK situation worthy of further investigation.

But Hodson's are and under part 42 notice has to be given to remove them? Maybe I amgetting a little mixed up but I thought this is not the first defence UK have had to file.

Can you point us to some others Aktiv?

Just as a matter of interest I was assisting a Director of a company in a matter of a winding up petition in Liverpool High Court a couple of months ago and the Director was a builder and not so conversant with addressing a court. He asked me to represent him or speak for him. I applied to the court and this is what the judge replied :

"I am happy for this person to appear as a Mackenzie friend at the hearing together with one of the directors of the company. I will permit the director to present the company's case and I will permit this person actively to assist the director."

Needless to say after the first couple of sentences the Judge was happy for me to continue, but I was referred to as a McKenzie Friend rather than a Litigation Friend - but then I'm not a solicitor.

Just one question following your excellent post Richard.

Citi Financial solicitor ( in house ) Brian Smith uses Citifinancial headed notepaper and refers throughout his letter as ' my client' won't do this and 'my client' won't do that.

Strange combination of using headed notepaper and representing Citi but referring to them as ' his client' - I don't quite get the feeling of dealing with one organisation here. Any thoughts?

CITI FINANCIAL (EUROPE) LIMITED

The LINKS below might be of interest to contributors in this thread.

I understand that solicitors who do not work for firm of practicing solicitors and are not employed by an organisation, may work freelance under the auspices of a company.

The Law Society - Find a solicitor

Hope this helps.

A Well Wisher.

Thank you Richard, extremely helpful, but our Brian does not appear on same prescribed list as employee, therefore under your synopsis is freelance, but still referring to Citi as ' his client' - still doesn't sound quite right does it?

He is either working for the company or he's not in whatever capacity, if he's freelancing and Citi are 'his client' he would be using his own business practice title. If he is 'employed under a contract of whatever style and using their headed paper then he can hardly refer to them as 'his client'.

Not actually sure what this achieves other than clarifying his position, but if someone writes to me then they should be representing themselves correctly especially if they are a solicitor ( wouldn't want him to represent himself incorrectly would we :D )

Interesting comment from Sparkie on another thread - thanks Sparkie maybe our Ken will start taking notice of some of his employees comments and actions:

Quote:

"Great Paul,

Looks like you've thrown another log on the fire, don't know wether you read my last reply to you on my post, but Coporate law states that the chief man in any company is just as responsible and culpable as the employee who actual commits an offence of any kind ...

sparkie1723 "

Now that's Music to my ears :D

• 2 weeks later...
I have to say this... Cabot should take note and learn from Dean Spencer of Hodsons. If they behaved more like him, I would not have started litigation.

Im response to my email sent last night, I have today received 4 emails from Mr Spencer

Email 1

----- Original Message ----- From: Dean Spencer

To: tbern123

Cc: [email protected] ; [email protected] ; [email protected] ; [email protected]

Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2007 7:09 AM

Subject: RE: Letter Before Action

Mr tbern123

Thank you for your e-mail.

I hope to be speaking to Mr Wellinghoff later this morning whereafter i hope to be in a position to respond to your letter.

Dean Spencer.

I kinda feel a little guilty, he sent this at 7:09 this morning. I had only just got out of bed at that time...

Aaarrhhh - poor little fellow takes his laptop home ....:D

Email 4

----- Original Message ----- From: Dean Spencer

To: tbern123

Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2007 4:44 PM

Subject: cabot

I have had the two letters typed and these should be in the post to you tonight,(postal services permitting) they should be with you in the morning.

Regards,

Dean Spencer.

Hodsons.

tbern, I have dreams about 4.44 - used to wake up during the night digital clock always said 4.44, whenever I seem to look at a clock it said 4.44 - for years - spoooky, honest... hope our Deans not the darker side of life coming into the open :-D

• 2 weeks later...

" LET THIS BE A LESSON TO ALL THOSE WHO HAVE ACCOUNTS BEING CHASED BY CABOT" (Capitals means I'm shouting - and yes I am)

What you have been witnessing people, reading through this thread is exactly what Cabot and all their companies and management are subjecting the everyday man and woman in the street to. tbern is a special case, well special to us on this forum because unlike many of you he has taken Cabot on, word for word and challenged their very existence. Not many of you would do that and would not be expected to do in the normal workings of things. BUT...this is what they are doing to thousands of people up and down the country and IT MUST STOP. It is precisely all we have been saying on the Cabot threads for months and months and months.

We now NEED ALL OF YOU, to begin taking note of what is unfolding because this is the important time when Cabot, with the help of tbern and one or two others have been brought to their very brink of existence. We have unravelled their myriad of companies, their tactics and their ' untruths' and we are bringing them to their knees by taking their arguments to the courts. We need all of you to begin the process of challenging them on the points being raised on here. Read through carefully and ask your questions, but begin to write and challenge what they are doing to you and they are invariably breaking the law every time they move. Keep posting and keep asking - now's the time to raise the bar and put the pressure on and we can then get the authorities to investigate good and proper and bring their scheming management to account infront of the judges.

Sorry tbern have I hijacked your thread? :D

• Haha 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is absolutely horrendous when you see it written so brazenly by Cabot." Ha ha, look what we got all your information and more - well what about the Credit Agreements CABOT ? you don't even have that and here you are smirking about what else you might be getting, this is making me physically sick.

She says " Debt purchasers who are not able to do this may find themselves left behind in the old era." - ??? WHAT ??? Do you mean that old era where you come hounding people left right and centre with no agreements?, no legal right to chase a debt?, no supporting documentation to support your threats and intimidation? Commission and prizes for your staff at Credit Today and good ole Ken Maynard traipsing around the country selling the good word of Cabotfinancial.eu ? You gotta be kidding me !

Madam, you had better not get so happy, we will stop you. and....... COME ON Experian, Equifax and Call Credit make these damned companies PRODUCE TO YOU the documentation BEFORE you go slapping defaults on. You have a responsibility to make sure peoples accounts are not slighted by 'guilty until proven innocent' tactics in a country where my grandfather fought and lost his life at 34 yrs of age for our freedoms.......DONT LET THEIR LIVES BE LOST IN VAIN.

IF I was on a mission before, you ain't seen nothing yet!

Percival, you should read surelybonds 'default hell' threads. They explain exactly what the CRA's don't want to hear. Its hard work and a long read, but the CRA's do not get our data through legislation, they set themselves up and everyone believes that 6yrs worth of data is what happens by law. Surleybonds will tell you different, will tell you how to get the data removed and tell you exactly where in the pecking order these CRA's belong.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legalities/20118-default-hell.html?highlight=default+hell

enjoy....

• 3 weeks later...

By the time we've finished with them they won't have to sell granny's anymore, there'll be an office suite, Directors Table and 3 chairs, 200 people without jobs, an office block and couple of Towers for sale instead :D

LoL . KM isn't that daft - daren't pay all that money out buying an office block - they have a new 20 year lease (I think it's 20 years) at the new building by that statue of those four blokes all pushing a ball in different directions - which, to me, kinda sums Cabot up hehee :D

Hey, if they own it maybe all those people with claims can slap on a CHARGING ORDER on it :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Yep all done and dusted.

I am not permitted to reveal the details of the agreed settlement, but I can say this has been resolved to my satisfaction.:D

Can a mod please now close this thread and if possible set up a Cabot Won section and transfer this thread into it as I am sure there will be many more;)

Remember, if this is the last on this thread then Cabot just remember what we said:

DON'T-Repeat-DON'T

FECK WITH

The CABOT FAN CLUB!

You know it makes sense :D :D

Sarah