Taking Cabot to court for failing to supply HSBC CCA + Distress etc

tbern123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5416 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Its a pity you could not find out exactly what Crapot paid to buy the debt.

ODC, Cabot pay on average anything between 7 - 12 % of the face value of the debt. Something worth considering when they begin to charge interest on a debt. I am led to believe that once an 'arrangement' between the debtor and Cabot begins, they can start to claim interest if you default on payments. However, when they have paid little for the debt I find the interest on the 'full' amount a little immoral for all the obvious reasons.

One thing I must mention though is that Cabot buy debts from the Banks on a 'Commercial basis' and distasteful though it may be to all of us, we must remember that if it were the original creditor chasing us we would have to pay the full amount to them or some negotiated discounted price. We must not, despite what we feel, blame Cabot for taking advantage of a commercial opportunity by buying something at a discount and retreiving a higher price back.... here I go again, sounding like I am supporting Cabot - I'm not, but I have to accept, as a person in business the commercial aspects of what they do.

There are plenty of things I don't like about the way they go about their business, the interest issue for one, and tbern and DM are doing a fine job in exposing many things, All I want is for Cabot to become more professional in what they do and maybe put something back into the community from where they get all their profits - like helping people in debt rather than scaring the wits out of them.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Mr KM appears to be taking such a close interest in the complaint why hasn't he stepped in and stopped it? He's a big cheese in the debt industry and what is emerging doesn't paint him and his company(plural) in a very good light at all.

The same thing could be said about banks and all the complaints they get about unfair charges. Simple answer, I do not know, it could be a learning experiance for all of us.

I am guessing, if what we understand is true, it could lead to a major shake up of the way they do business....

Remember if you find anything I say helpful, please click the scales

tbern123 vs Cabot

1. Cabot again !!! Urgent Help Needed
  2. Litigation - tbern123 V Cabot Financial (Uk) Limited
  3. No more calls from Cabot... lol

Battleaxe has been playing with our friends...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/post-596776.html

There seems to be a common trend with these court cases........... lol

tbern123 vs Cabot

You'd have thought they'd learn to brief their briefs, but so far they seem to think that sloppy is the way to go.

Can't wait to hear about DM's little tea-party.

Seahorse

I wish I could be a fly on the wall to watch

tbern123 vs Cabot

ODC, Cabot pay on average anything between 7 - 12 % of the face value of the debt. Something worth considering when they begin to charge interest on a debt. I am led to believe that once an 'arrangement' between the debtor and Cabot begins, they can start to claim interest if you default on payments. However, when they have paid little for the debt I find the interest on the 'full' amount a little immoral for all the obvious reasons.

One thing I must mention though is that Cabot buy debts from the Banks on a 'Commercial basis' and distasteful though it may be to all of us, we must remember that if it were the original creditor chasing us we would have to pay the full amount to them or some negotiated discounted price. We must not, despite what we feel, blame Cabot for taking advantage of a commercial opportunity by buying something at a discount and retreiving a higher price back.... here I go again, sounding like I am supporting Cabot - I'm not, but I have to accept, as a person in business the commercial aspects of what they do.

There are plenty of things I don't like about the way they go about their business, the interest issue for one, and tbern and DM are doing a fine job in exposing many things, All I want is for Cabot to become more professional in what they do and maybe put something back into the community from where they get all their profits - like helping people in debt rather than scaring the wits out of them.

Its the way Cabot and the like approach debtors. They go on the OFFENSIVE (and I mean that in both senses of the word). They are nasty ill mannnered individuals who show contempt not only for the law but the spirit of it. As I pointed out in a previous post, I had dealings with a Debt Collection Company who employed decent sensible people to deal with people. As a result they got their money, I cleared my debt. If there was an odd time when I thought I couldnt make the payment all it took was a simple call to explain. They never threatened or abused me or my family. They never harraseed me. If all debt collectors acted in this fashion this board would be a lot smaller and Cabot, Capquest, Lowell and all the other bully boys would be out of a job.

Its the way Cabot and the like approach debtors. They go on the OFFENSIVE (and I mean that in both senses of the word). They are nasty ill mannnered individuals who show contempt not only for the law but the spirit of it. As I pointed out in a previous post, I had dealings with a Debt Collection Company who employed decent sensible people to deal with people. As a result they got their money, I cleared my debt. If there was an odd time when I thought I couldnt make the payment all it took was a simple call to explain. They never threatened or abused me or my family. They never harraseed me. If all debt collectors acted in this fashion this board would be a lot smaller and Cabot, Capquest, Lowell and all the other bully boys would be out of a job.

You are quite right ODC, I couldn't agree more, but we have to educate them by making them confront the laws which they have abused for so long - that is the only way we'll teach them how to act like the others you have experienced. They don't listen to common sense or reason because they are who they are and they need a good training injection - they'll learn, they can do it the easy and professional way or they can do it through the courts - they can please themselves which route to take. So long as we keep up this pressure it'll clean their act up eventually. Sooner rather than later would be better for the industry and debtors alike. Sorry tbern, I'm lecturing again!

• Haha 1

You are quite right ODC, I couldn't agree more, but we have to educate them by making them confront the laws which they have abused for so long - that is the only way we'll teach them how to act like the others you have experienced. They don't listen to common sense or reason because they are who they are and they need a good training injection - they'll learn, they can do it the easy and professional way or they can do it through the courts - they can please themselves which route to take. So long as we keep up this pressure it'll clean their act up eventually. Sooner rather than later would be better for the industry and debtors alike. Sorry tbern, I'm lecturing again!

I like these lectures, it reminds me of living at home and anytime I asked to borrow the car I got a similar output from my dad.:roll: or was it more don't drink, put back the petrol you used and don't leave the stereo up too loud so I sh£t myself when I get in to it in the morning.

If I have helped click my scales....

Find my threads by clicking here

I like these lectures, it reminds me of living at home and anytime I asked to borrow the car I got a similar output from my dad.:roll: or was it more don't drink, put back the petrol you used and don't leave the stereo up too loud so I sh£t myself when I get in to it in the morning.

I hope I don't put the fear of god into you DM - I need you to be strong on Wednesday :) I was in the high court myself last Friday - it was quite and experience and nothing to be frightened of either - empowering actually. They're all human after all.

Originally Posted by Seahorse viewpost.gif

Battleaxe has been playing with our friends...

Consumer Credit Act Agreements

Now here's one for you to consider. According to Battleaxe the Hodson's brief said he was representing King's Hill No 1 Ltd. The dormant company. Now how is this happening? No mention of change of company name or anything.

Now here's one for you to consider. According to Battleaxe the Hodson's brief said he was representing King's Hill No 1 Ltd. The dormant company. Now how is this happening. No mention of chnage of company name or anything.

Is that because the claim was taken out before 15/1/07? Probably that is ok but they could maybe have raised it to the judge, but for £35 they could raise an N244 to change it.

If I have helped click my scales....

Find my threads by clicking here

Now here's one for you to consider. According to Battleaxe the Hodson's brief said he was representing King's Hill No 1 Ltd. The dormant company. Now how is this happening. No mention of chnage of company name or anything.

Veeeery interesting!!!

VITAL - IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE ABOUT THE INCREASED BAILIFFS' POWERS TO BREAK INTO YOUR HOME AND USE FORCE IN ORDER TO GET YOUR GOODS THEN JOIN THE PETITION HERE:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....l#post53879 9

Anyone seeing this who wants to help by copying it to their signature please do.

I wouldn't get too carried away with this Kingshill Name just yet. I think DM is right, it's to do with the date although I would have suspected that they should have informed the court. There seems to be so much confusion by the Cabot ' personnel' anyway, they never knew previously about all these names so why should they confuse themselves now?

• Haha 1

This thread comes out 7th and 8th when searching 'Ken Maynard Cabot' in Google 'web'. Cabot financial comes in 6th.

However, 'Maynard Cabot' comes out top!

Good work chaps and chapettes.

They are poplular then? Nice to see their popularity rewarded isn't it?