Chunky Linc Vs. HSBC

chunkylinc
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4733 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I ask for less of the hijacks please. I too am keen to learn what's gone on, and every time someone posts get the usual alerts. It also makes it harder for others to follow the thread.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 1 month later...

Ahhhhhh Im back, soz off work ill and then on hol for a couple of weeks, so that's just about taken up all my time..... Actually you guy's were right that was just my cover for runnin off with Rachel Thomlinson to have lots of little 'mini thomlinson' clones so that they can also work mind numbyingly at DG. It was a fri nite, we met at an un disclosed location, she was the one wearing a yellow carnation....However she was a bit of a minger so I had to sink several voddies and the unfortunatly couldnt get it up, so nowt happened and im back....lol.

Ta for your concerns, but im alive and I've not settled with them yet. a bit of a quick update....

I attended the hearing, I thought I'd be on my own, but when I got to court there was approx 40 other people there. Most people got called in for the first hearing (inc me) where the judge explained to everyone that All cases were being put on stay and he then answered a few questions. The court gimp then realised that I should actually be in the 2nd hearing because HSBC & Barclays had sent along a barrister, so I remained seated, joined the 2nd sitting and listened to the whole lot again....

Upon return home I found the following two letter in the post pile...

1) Letter from DG referring to the order granted by Norwich County Court dated 23rd Aug 07 and to refer to the terms of that orer and that further info on the test case was available at the OFT's website.

2) General Form of Judgment or Order (whatever the hell this is? I'll type what it says below, but this is the first and only correspondence I've had with the court since the hearing and since sending the court the letter trying to get the stay removed)...

Before District Judge Sparrow sitting at Norwich County Court.....

Upon neither party attending

It is Ordered that

1) Save as appears in this order, this action be stayed pending the final decision (being judgement in the action or the appellate court, whichever is later) in the test case between OFT V Abbey National Bank plc & the others or further order of the court.

2) The defendant shall by 4:00pm 14th Sept 2007 or by 4:00pm 21 days from the date of this order whichever is the later serve on the claimant a copy of the Particulars of Claim in the test case or notify the claimant of a website where the statement of claim may be viewed and downloaded

3) The Defendant shall within 21 days of the final decision in the test case file at court and serve the claimant: a) A case summary of not more than 500 words setting out the effect of the fihnal decision in the test case on this action. b) their proposed direction in this case.

4) Upon receipt of the documents set out in paragraph3 of this order the file be referred to a district judge to onsider further directions.

5) Either party may apply to vary or discharge this order, provided that any apploication is made in accordance with part 23 of the civel procedure rules and made on 21 days notice.

dated 07th Aug 2007.

Well I aint really got a freaking clue what that's all about and was quite surprised to find that on the floor upon return as I didnt think I'd be hearing anything further till the out come of the test case. I did take a look on the site DG recommended (The Office of Fair Trading: making markets work well for consumers) but there wasnt really anything of use on there. Does anyone know how the test case is going? Im actually quite tempted to accept DG's latest offer as it's still valid by another 5 days? so as long as I get the acceptance letter sent off tomorrow 1st class recorded delivery then I should be ok, unless anyone knows a better strategy at this particular moment in time........

Welcome back CL, we thought you had disappeared on us.

The test case doesn't start until January 2008. There have been a few things in the press regarding the OFT and the test case. Pete will probably have some links for you. As the date of your order was 7th August and it gave you 21 days to do anything about it, I have a feeling you may have missed the boat on the lifting of a stay thing.

As for accepting theri previous offer, the decision is entirely up to you.

Did you get the POC from DG?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

2) The defendant shall by 4:00pm 14th Sept 2007 or by 4:00pm 21 days from the date of this order whichever is the later serve on the claimant a copy of the Particulars of Claim in the test case or notify the claimant of a website where the statement of claim may be viewed and downloaded

This is what was posted

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

if they haven't complied then they are again in violation of the court directions and i'd be letting the court know double quick - like applying for a judgment? come on guys, let's think this through - what can he do - they've failed to follow court directions - can the stay be set aside because of this? - - this is complicated, cl, i know it's a struggle - but let's see if we can't get an opinion of this before you take the latest offer - btw - don't sign it if it says you'll never, ever be able to claim from them again - they have done this before and that puts you in a bad position in my opinion.

SO, BUMPTY, BUMP - LET'S GET SOME OPINIONS HERE.....