Kick the DCA's where it hurts lol

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5940 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In any case, in the optimum world, this refurnishment is only a very small intermediate step. In the long term the hope is that it would be followed by software developments that would allow people to read threads from individual DCA's, OR as the main forum is currently.

But that is quite far into the future.

Forgetting the side issue of subforums, and I can see both sides of the argument, it's a massive improvement. 'Very small intermediate step'? I would say anything but! Nicely organised and easy to navigate. Good stuff.

What sort of world do you want your kids to grow up in?

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope you don't mind me correcting on one issue Tomterm and others who are newer to CAG than Andrew1 and me, which is that the issue of sub-forums for other DCA's has been discussed before, and been dismissed as unnecessary and unworkable then. Probably before your time, and when the debt forum was much less busy than now, so it's probably good to look at the issue again now.

As Tom says though it was the refurbishment of the debt forums, and movement of threads at the weekend that let to the near death experience of CAG, and the loss of the Cabot sub-forum.

We are all on the same side here folks, and I know that Andrew1 and I are still friends, and I hope all the rest of us are too. We all have the same interests at heart, even if we may believe in different ways of tackling them. :)

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Oh, fair enough, that was definatly before my time.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

Anyway, the main point here is to try to come to some sort of compromise that allows the Cabot fan Club to function while we are still fixing the forum.

So... what I am going to do, if possible are three things:

1. Create a new sticky, linking to all the cabot threads I can find in the last 3 months. and

2. BF has set up a cabot user group (I will discuss the implications a little latter, when I actually understand them - i don't want to look like a doofus)

it will take a while to get the forum back to something like normal. If you can suggest any other measures we can take that would help the cabot fan club, then PM me.

it may not be possible to revive the Cabot forum for a while, but it would be nice if we could at least preserve the good work done there for a while.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I have just sent a message to a mod (as the op) I have asked for this thread to be edited a little and for it to be closed.

I think that we have all (including moi) more then aired our views enough and we should give CAG some time, they have all been through the mill lately and I think it is way to easy to forget that they all have regular jobs and look after this site in their spare time.

So if I have caused any offence to any mod, I would like to take this opportunity to apologise and thank you all for your hard work.

Thank you

Remember if you find anything I say helpful, please click the scales

tbern123 vs Cabot

1. Cabot again !!! Urgent Help Needed
  2. Litigation - tbern123 V Cabot Financial (Uk) Limited
  3. No more calls from Cabot... lol

I'm going to close the thread at the OP's request.

i won't edit the thread because, in my judgement, none of the posts break CAG rules. If anyone wants their posts edited, feel free to PM me or another mod.

• Haha 1