Virginmedia - poor service since take over

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5708 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Has anyone experience a degredation of the service since Virgin took over. I signed up to Telewest on their 3 deal package...2Mb Broadband Televison and phone. Fantastic service from Telewest...great Broadband speed...Movies on demand on the TV service and the phone line...well worked...

Since Virgin took over my broadband speed has dropped to 5 - 15kbs on a good day...can't get any movies on demand as the box just locks up...can never get through to the right department on the phone....

I have managed to get this months broadband for free but with the kids playing WOW at £8 a month on line...they can't use it...I can't play my games on line...and pages take an age to load.

Their website is awful and slow even at work...I've submitted 3 service emails and not had a single reply....come on Virgin.... whats going on?

Is anyone experiencing the same issues?

Abbey £4340.59 *WON* Jan 07

Abbey II MCOL 31/03/07 £8800.00

Please note..I AM NOT AN EXPERT ANYTHING WHAT I POST IS PURELY MY OPINION AND MAY BE WRONG IT IS JUST BASED ON MY UNDERSTANDING OR EXPERIENCE

Read my latest claim its a fast track potentially

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/61406-noobrider-abbey-take-2-a.html?highlight=noobrider

read my first claim which includes attending a directions hearing in court

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/10576-noobrider-abbey.html?highlight=noobrider

yes its gone to the dogs since they took over , i tried to get a direct debit changed to a diff bank , i rang them only to be told ive rang wrong dept, last week sends me a statement with charges, ive sent a letter to them saying if this is how you treat your customers im going elswhere..

DPA SENT TO MBNA

7/4/07 40 DAYS MAY 16 ..

Send the DPA letter for all the statements include a £10 postal order and write "DPA request fee only" across the back of it. Send the letter by Special next day guaranteed delivery. Keep the receipts. Keep a copy of the letter as well.

I wrote to them in February and March about their direct debit and late payment charges, no reply to either letter. They cut me off the other day for non payment, I had paid the bill, they cannot find the payment (internet banking), I called 150 and was passed around differnt departments for hour and half, eventually they reinstated my services as a gesture of good will but have still charged me another tenner:x for paying my bill late. In my second letter sent 12th March, I gave them 30 days notice of my intention to terminate my contract, as they have not even bothered to reply I do not know what will happen when the 30 days are up (11th April). I certainly do not want to ring them again, on hold for hours, Ntl were never this bad.:confused:

I'm quite surprised you use the term 'service' in the context of telewest?

I have had their services for 5 years and although you can buy additional services from them easily, i never found them good to deal with for support of any kind.

I had presumed that virgin would pick up where telewest left off and so am not surprised that you report poor service.

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

how do you go about reclaiming charges send a prem letter same as the one you send to the bank ??

DPA SENT TO MBNA

7/4/07 40 DAYS MAY 16 ..

Send the DPA letter for all the statements include a £10 postal order and write "DPA request fee only" across the back of it. Send the letter by Special next day guaranteed delivery. Keep the receipts. Keep a copy of the letter as well.

• 1 year later...

I had a single direct debit rejected by my bank. VM cancelled the direct debit, but didn't bother telling me. They said because I use online billing, that I would need to check that. But why would I look for a tiny bit of text saying the direct debit has been cancelled when I don't expect them to just cancel it like that?

Anyway, they then wanted to charge me for the bill not being paid. After complaining about that bitterly, they knocked off the charges and took a payment by debit card, then set up another direct debit.

What is going on with these large companies, they all seem to be getting more incompetent and rediculous by the day. Now wonder we need CAG!

I wonder if MBNA are the new Enron :roll:

Word of advice, telewest is definately much worse since the take over, but BT are FAR FAR WORSE!

i left virgin 7/8 months ago, and BT has been nothing but constant stress and headaches ever since, when my 12 months is up, ill go back to virgin, that's how bad BT are!!!

Me Vs ICS = 1-0

Me Vs BT = 1-0

Me Vs UKPC = 1-0

Me Vs 3 = 0-1 :-(

Yes i agree its gone right down hill.

I am changing over to sky.

Just sick and tried of their high charges ect and my kids play WOW as well and are always complaining its lagging.

Will be so glad to leave ,was with telewest when it first came out and can`t wait to leave now.

To be fair, I have found the VM network performance to be great. No lag and speedtest.net always shows around 20Mb. Their tech support is knowledgeable and competent too - at least one guy I spoke to once. We had a good chat when something went wrong with the line and worked out it was the old modem they gave me which was on its last legs.

So aside from the incompetence of billing, they seem to be getting their act together.

I wonder if MBNA are the new Enron :roll: