ICY -V- Capital One

ICY
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4547 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Time to bring this up to speed, on the end os September i was sent a cheque for the full monetary amount of he claim, however the default is still showing on my credit file, and as ou see above they have deliberatly replaced what was there before with worse information stating i had gone away (how the hell did they send me the cheque a month after telling experian i had 'gone away' then if they didnt know where i was) what with my wedding being at the same time, I never got around to writing to cap1 accepting the cheque only in part settlement, and ended up completely forgetting about it till going through the files todayI still wish to persue the default removal, i will try to scan the crappy docs they sent me when i asked for a true copyy of default notice.

Is it too late to write to cap1 and the court acknowldeging the monetary settlement and if not is there a template letter anywhere to help me with this letter, This default removal is important to me, especially as they are recording information which they know is a lie.

:madgrin:

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Correction i didnt receive full amount, they sent a cheque for 343.76

My claim was for

£400.00 Charges

£50.00 Court Fee

£69.12 Interest to date of submitting at court

- 343.76 already paid, leaves amount still owed to be

£ 175.36

I never got a letter explaining the cheque or a request to end the court claim, nor was there an explanation what the cheque was actually for.

• 2 weeks later...

You can amend something like this Icy:

BANK NAME

Address

Address

Postcode

Re: Account number XXXXXXXX

Response to settlement offer.

Dear [named sender or Sirs]

Thank you for your letter dated xx/xx/xx. I wish to stress that I will accept your offer as partial payment only towards my claim. The money transfered to my account should not be viewed as my acceptance as a full and final settlement. As my Particulars Of Claim state. I am claiming contractual interest (compounded daily) at 26.94% APR. which is the rate that has been applied to my account (this information has already been confirmed by your department in a telephone call) and is the most current interest rate being applied according to my statements.

As County Court action has commenced, any negotiated settlement of this claim must include interest and court fees. Failure to comply with these points in any settlement offer means that it would not be a full settlement of my claim, and therefore unacceptable. I am a reasonable person and would be happy to negotiate to bring proceedings to a close, but in the absence of any serious attempt at settlement on your part, you can be assured that I will pursue this claim in the most vigorous manner.

Should you wish to settle my claim in full, then please forward the balance of the claim (£xxxx) without conditions, and I will inform the court that the claim is settled.

I trust this clarifies my position.

Yours faithfully

[signature]

[print name]

Hope it helps

Uk

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

I would also mention something about default removal in the final Paragraph too

NatWest - WON! £3350 Paid back

Vodafone - Default removed

Citicards - Judgement awarded for £1898, default remains though...for now....

Capital One- WON! Settled out of Court £392 + Default Removal!

• 4 weeks later...

I think i have mis-calculated, looking over everything I think full financial settlement has been made, however I still need to fight to get the default removed.

Have come up with the following letter, does anyone have anything thats i should add onto the letter, I have taken bits from a couple of different letters i have come across.

Anyone fancy proof reading it for me?

Yes charges were refunded last september, default was registered 19th January 06

But how do i word that in the letter.

(thanks for that thats something i wsnt aware of)

Hi ICY try amending this, I have also included a sentence regarding gone away marker check date and date of your SAR received by CRAP1.

CRAP1. entered a default with a default date of DD/MM/YYYY and default value of £NNNN. It is my contention that due to your offer a refund of charges applied to the account after the default date that the value applied to this default is incorrect. Also you have applied a gone away marker in August 2007 This is incorrect as I have been in communication with you since at least April 2007 (date my SAR signed for by yourselves).

dpick:)

thanks dpick, editing letter now.

can i threaten them with the Information Commissioner (wont be an idle threat i have already reported hsbc and yorkshire bank for failure to deliver statements) i think if i include in my letter the threat to the Information Commissioner for unlawfully recording information about me then it may just add weight to my claim for removal. would this also be something i could also report either to the OFT or the FSA if i dont receive a satisfactory response.

finally is there anything specific in the Data Protection Act i can directly quote which will support my claim to have this default removed.

Think the things i need to be quoting are DPA, CCA and Fraud Act, although what i really need to know is which sections are appropriate to quote.

Also i asked cap1 to furnish me with proof of default notice, which they havent done, are there any statutes i need to quote which will get them worried?

All they sent me is a blank template letter showing what the default notice looks like, and a copy of Ts&Cs they said they have no obligation to provide proof they have sent the default

Heres the all important credit agreement, which they sent when i asked for all info on my account, can someone please tell me if this is enforceable, this may fix everything

creditagreement.jpg

IF the agreement is not enforceable (which i think from what i have read it may not be) surely i wouldnt need to mention anything in the letter

This then leaves a bit of amunition left if they still refuse to play ball, and remove the default. I then have a back up plan of there (alleged) deliberate recording of false information,

Hi, Just read this thread,

Can anyone let me know exactly what to write regards removal of Default on an N1 Claim form.

Many thanks,

Barclaycard-Reclaimed all charges-A/c Closed

Burtons-Reclaimed all charges-A/c Closed

Citifinancial-Default removed-A/c Closed

Halifax-Reclaimed all charges-A/c Closed

Capital One-Finally, Default removed-A/c Closed!!!

:roll:

Nearly two weeks and no reply as to whether i have been given an enforcable agreement, whats going on, CAG never used to be like this :(

Schmidlin - Underneath the section that contains 'what the claimaints requires' - just put 'removal of the Incorrectly recorded Default Notice from the claimant's credit file' include the date it was added and the amount. If it gets to court, which it wont, you could argue that if the charges are indeed unlawful, the Default is therefore incorrect and in turn a clear breach of the data protection act.

ICY - I couldn't read the text on the first page of that alledged CCA. If it is unenforceable then great, does it say anything along the lines of 'when i recieve my card' - which would pertain you haven't yet recieved it and therefore it is an application for a card, which is unenforceable.

Can you confirm what it says?

NatWest - WON! £3350 Paid back

Vodafone - Default removed

Citicards - Judgement awarded for £1898, default remains though...for now....

Capital One- WON! Settled out of Court £392 + Default Removal!