Natwest -V- Boilerman

Boilerman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5984 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

My first entry here, I sent in my first letter to Natwest requesting a summary of charges made on my account over the last six years using the letter template, I received a reply some 5 days later asking for my previous address details covering that period, I duly sent the details by return and within 5 days I received all bank statements covering the period. Are they normally this quick?

I'll keep you posted as to how I'm progressing

Regards

Ken

Guest ian cognito

More evidence that they are finally getting their act together! they seem to be paying out quicker too so you may have chosen ther ight time to claim.

Start a thread in the Nat West forum to keep us informed of how it's going.

Good luck!

Hi all,

My first entry here, I sent in my first letter to Natwest requesting a summary of charges made on my account over the last six years using the letter template, I received a reply some 5 days later asking for my previous address details covering that period, I duly sent the details by return and within 5 days I received all bank statements covering the period. Are they normally this quick?

I'll keep you posted as to how I'm progressing

Regards

Ken

They never used to be that quick. It is just that they have come on well in our training programme.

I have been given three conflicting pieces of information by AIC one person told me that they have bought the debt from Natwest and it's up to AIC to manage/collect the debt, the other says they are acting on behalf of Natwest and that they have to refer any settlement offer to Natwest, the third person says that that own the debt but they still have to get instructions from Natwest regarding settlement, Confused? Me too.

Whilst thinking about this, my thoughts are:-

If AIC own the debt and I get the unfair charges from Natwest back, Then there is no monies owing by me to AIC as there should not have been a debt to assign and any default notices regarding this debt have to be written off my credit record.

If AIC own the debt and Natwest pay me are AIC landed with a red herring?

need help anyone whois claiming chrges from natwest. have received questionaire and have been asked to pay another £100 as claiming back £3000 only have until 24/03/07. has anyone else won without going to court????

Bump!

Me Vs AA/Blair Oliver - Defaulted on CCA, Committed Criminal Offence, started chasing payment

Me Vs Great Universal - Wrote off the 2k balance, couldnt supply docs

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/74209-me-littlewoods-catalogue.html

My Friend Vs Lowell Portfolio - Balance written off, all action stopped!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75075-my-friend-lowell-victory.html

My Friend Vs Empire Catalogue - Balance Cleared

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75713-my-friend-empire-droyds.html

Boilerman, I wouldn't worry about AIC as they can't gey their story right.

Send an sar to Nat West-you will find a template letter if you read the FAQs

on the first page of the forum, then read the step by step guide.

Once yo have details of the charges you want to reclaim, send a letter to

NW asking for repayment and send a copy to AIC advising them that the account is in dispute, and once the charges are repaid there will be no debt to collect. Then let them worry about their next move.

Boilerman, I wouldn't worry about AIC as they can't gey their story right.

Send an sar to Nat West-you will find a template letter if you read the FAQs

on the first page of the forum, then read the step by step guide.

Once yo have details of the charges you want to reclaim, send a letter to

NW asking for repayment and send a copy to AIC advising them that the account is in dispute, and once the charges are repaid there will be no debt to collect. Then let them worry about their next move.

Hi Lookinforinfo,

I have sent an SAR and got back statements within a week, I now have processed the the data and sent in a request to NW to pay back all the charges ITRO £4.7K, so I have my fingers crossed that I will get a big fat cheque to pay off not only them but anyother debt that reared it's ugly head from the past.

Thanks again for your reply

Boilerman

subscribing

Me Vs AA/Blair Oliver - Defaulted on CCA, Committed Criminal Offence, started chasing payment

Me Vs Great Universal - Wrote off the 2k balance, couldnt supply docs

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/74209-me-littlewoods-catalogue.html

My Friend Vs Lowell Portfolio - Balance written off, all action stopped!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75075-my-friend-lowell-victory.html

My Friend Vs Empire Catalogue - Balance Cleared

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75713-my-friend-empire-droyds.html

• 2 weeks later...

Well now an update!!

I sent my request for repayment on the 12th March, got a reply today 26th March, I know I had to read it twice too....Basically they are saying that they will write off, £2,034 to bring my account to zero and pay me a cheque for £1,007, hang on let me do the Math....They have taken in unlawful charges £4.5k My over draft was £2,034, therefore 2,034 + 1007 = £3,041 taht means that they want to keep £1,459 of my money...Cheeky so and so's, They gonna get a letter tomorrow morning!!!

I have started a thread in another forum, so I thouight I tell my story here to encourage more people to go for the throat:-

I wrote to Natwest with the SAR template provided by this supurb site, week later a tatty brown envelope that was falling apart was shoved through my letter box by a very tired postman pat containing... You guessed it, bank statements covering the period requested. I duly went through them page by page and used the spreadsheet, again provided on the fine site to calculate how much they owe me..

12th march, My birthday, I hasten to add, I sent a request to NW asking for all money taken from my account unlawfully, be refunded, today 26th March I had a letter from a chap called Andy Sinden at the Bishopsgate Address.. making an offer which was some £1,500 short of my request. so There is a letter going in the post tonight, telling him in no uncertain words where to shove his offer.....

I'll keep you posted

Boilerman

Boilerman,

You are building up a real head of steam . This might help before you burst your boiler. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejecting-offers.html

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

Just means Fendy's very kindly pushed your thread to the top of the postings to see if somebody can advise you!!! Don't worry - it's a good think............. not a bad thing!!!!!!!!!!! :-D

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Bump Up My Post. I would be really worried if Fendy tried to bump up my postlaughing-smiley-014.gif

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

Hi all

I sent an LBA to Natwest yesterday; this morning I had a call from A senior mamanger Mr Elliot, explaing that I have a debt with them and did I realise that the some of the money I would be reclaiming would go to pay that off the debt (does he think im 6 years old??), anyway I replied yes the original debt was for 2k, this has been bumbed up by their own collection department to 2.3k before being passed on to a Debt collection agency. my claim is for £4,500 ish, so I am expecting to claim back 2.5, they offered me £1,003 and write off my debt, this leave some £1,500 short, so I refused the offer in my LBA reiterating that I would pursue in court. Mr Elliot also said that if I want to claim the full amount that I should proceed with my claim through the County Court. Do I file now or wait 14 days?

Hi all

I sent an LBA to Natwest yesterday; this morning I had a call from A senior mamanger Mr Elliot, explaing that I have a debt with them and did I realise that the some of the money I would be reclaiming would go to pay that off the debt (does he think im 6 years old??), anyway I replied yes the original debt was for 2k, this has been bumbed up by their own collection department to 2.3k before being passed on to a Debt collection agency. my claim is for £4,500 ish, so I am expecting to claim back 2.5, they offered me £1,003 and write off my debt, this leave some £1,500 short, so I refused the offer in my LBA reiterating that I would pursue in court. Mr Elliot also said that if I want to claim the full amount that I should proceed with my claim through the County Court. Do I file now or wait 14 days?

hi boilerman

i would wait until the 14 days are up as your LBA gives them 14 days,they might get back to you with an improved offer in the near future so hold on and stick with the time tables that are recommended on this site,you will get your money so try to be patient bear in mind if you take the bank to court you will claim interest, so they possibly will increase there offer.i would write back to them and decline the offer and state that you want the whole amount that you are claiming on your LBA or you willproceed through the courts.

hope this helps

scott