Default Notice Wrongfully Applied to Account

kiri260180
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6260 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was wondering if anyone can help.

I had an advantage Gold account with Natwest and they were so shocking at managing my account that i decided to leave it open but with nothing in it. There was one direct debit going out of the account and that was the advantage gold payment i think about £8.00 which I asked Natwest to stop as I did not want my account to be Advantage Gold anymore, I wanted it to remain as a normal account.

Anyway I went away for a couple of months and returned to find that my account was £500 overdrawn and I had received a default notice from them in respect of the debt. The reason why I had gone this amount over the limit was because they had not stopped the advantage gold payment but had taken it. When they took it there was nothing in the account so this took my overdarwn which they charged me for and these charges kept accruing until it got to £500.

The long and short is that I wrote to them asked for themoney back and my default notice taken away. They recharged the money and said they would remove the notice. It is now a year on and I still cant credit - the reason why is that Natwest have left this amount on my credit report and have not even removed the amount that it is still outstansing.

I have written to them but I have been waiting for answer from them for 2 months now and they keep saying they are looking into it. What can I do? How can try to hurry them up and start being a bit more forceful?

Please help as this has already worngfully been on my credit file a year longer than it should have been on there for and now I am going to have another 6 years of this being on my file when it shouldn't even be there in the first place - can I seek compensation? as I wont be able to get great credit when I really should have been able too.

Guest ian cognito

2 months is ample time, they are the ones that quote the Financial Ombudsman gives us 8 weeks to dela with a complaint - well they've had that long, don't be any more generous with them.