Have You Had Dealings With Bryan Carter & Co

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4980 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The use of solicitors names on letterheads is a matter that needs to be addressed through the Law Society. Many of these greedy barstewards simlply hire out their name to debt collectors to give the **** an air of respectibility which they do not deserve. The solicitors have no idea what is being put out in their name but they are responsible for it.

Complaints should be made to the Law Society. Not reporting them because we think they are useless defeats the object and plays into the hands of the debt collecting industry. In my experience the Office for Supervising Solicitors can, and do, take action.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Check for global debt recovery ltd as well. Not the same as arrow global. GDR ltd has harry carter as the main man. Bryan carter and co has three separate addresses. Persimmon house, or springfield house or De havilland drive. Gets about a bit.

The use of solicitors names on letterheads is a matter that needs to be addressed through the Law Society. Many of these greedy barstewards simlply hire out their name to debt collectors to give the **** an air of respectibility which they do not deserve. The solicitors have no idea what is being put out in their name but they are responsible for it.

Complaints should be made to the Law Society. Not reporting them because we think they are useless defeats the object and plays into the hands of the debt collecting industry. In my experience the Office for Supervising Solicitors can, and do, take action.

You can try, but it will be a waste of time...Law Society are not interested...Try phoning them and see what they say...The OFT is a better bet, explaine to them that you've tried Law Society but they don't give a flying **** ...Been there, done that..8-)

Just hate every DCA out there

I personally know two solicitors who have been disciplined by the Law Society for mishandling clients affairs. One nicked money off his client while another acted unlawfully in trying to act for both sides in a divorce. An LS investigation led to criminal charges against both - one has served his time inside while the second is still on his holidays at Her Maj's pleasure. Another was fined more than £1,000 and banned for 12 months from practising just because he hadn't sent in his subscription.

Solicitors are scared s******* of the OSS and any investigation they do because they don't know where it will lead to.

Not complaining won't get anything done!

Hi there,

as our name suggests, we've fallen behind on pretty much every other debt other than our mortgage. We've also learned the hardway that ignoring letters is NOT the best way forward and that if you actually take the time to read through the oceans and oceans of posts that some kind souls post on these forums, that there is some fantastic advice to be had.

We registered with the CCCS because we just didn't know what to do; they went through a budget with us, but although my salary is decent, we were still spending as much on meeting the costs of 'living' rather than having additional surplus cash for 'luxuries'.

You''ll actually be surprised what the CCCS considers as necessities.

For example, if you're a smoker, then the amount of cigarettes you decide to attempt suicide with every day is taken in consideration of your disposable cash.

Once you have your budget, and it's agreed, it makes you feel like you have a sheet of armour in front of you! We've taken it to three solicitors and DCAs so far, and each one has fallen on their sword and accepted the token offer of payment that I have proposed. I'm still waiting for the bunch of crooks that I used to bank with to accept or even respond to my letter, but that can only play to my terms.

We're far from the end and there may still be bad times ahead, but all I can say is that if anybody does call you, simply tell them you will not speak with them and you are perfectly within your rights to tell them that Tracy Barlow is about to go to prison and you want to watch it.

With the current legislation, if you can prove that you

a) don't owe the debt or

b) are not wilfully withholding payment when you are in a position to pay, there is nothing that these DCAs can do.

If you're threatened with court action, welcome it, because if you have a budget in hand and can prove that you are unable to pay, then the judge will make you pay no more than you can afford.

No DCA wants that because then they, in turn, won't get paid.

They will already have shelled out cash buying your debt from the original lender, so it is within their interests to be as accommodating as possible. Where they fall over is where people cave in; bare some teeth, shout back. I'm sure you'll be surprised at the outcome.

Best of luck!!!

Well the DCAs I have dealt with and those that MANY other good folk on here deal with obviously do not share your views.

If you have the temerity to CCA them they come up with loads of excuses for non compliance.

If you are foolish enough to phone them or answer their calls then 99 times out of 100 you are subjected to a tirade of abuse.

There are dozens of examples on here where they have DEMANDED people borrow money from relatives, sell possessions in order to fulfil their greed.

You appear to have been fortunate in getting sympathetic DCAs but you are in the minority

I'm just sharing my experience, trust me I don't have any reason to disagree with any of you. If we all had the money to pay then we wouldn't be posting on this forum. Circumstances change and we can't always predict what will happen.

In this instance, maybe I was lucky, but in my experience, once you argue your corner, certainly in writing and never on the phone because there is simply no audit trail, you make more progress.

One of the bills we were unable to pay was for council tax, that got nasty, so nasty that a pseudonymed bailiff was knocking on the door demanding entry. All the time you're keeping them out, they have no right of entry. They're like vampires, invite or let them in and they can come and go at will, taking whatever they like, changing goalposts and agreements left right and centre.

All I'm saying, is that with Fredrickson Intl "Fredpay.com....." and their lapdog solicitors, I told them that under no circumstances would they obtain any settlement from me if the case went to court - due to the advice I had been given, and they took the offer that I made, which was a token payment. Verbal abuse is a form of harrassment, which a DCA is prohibited to do by law. They all do it, we know they do, but once you are armed with the facts and you know what they can and can't do, and how they can and can't do it, you're more likely to sleep at night. As I said before, these vultures prey on people's ignorance.

I was a student for 3 years, hence I owe the bank quite a few pennies. I now have the pleasure of dealing with Bryan Carter and his band of merry men.

Can I use the word 'harassment' in relation to them? From reading other peoples experiences this would be a legitimate description...

I think the people working for Mr Carter (if he does actually exist) are the rudest, ignorant and quite frankly STUPID people I have ever had the displeasure of encountering. I'm not sure how brief I can make the facts in this case but here goes;

I have been without a permanent address since 3rd January (thank heavens for friends' floors!!), and without a job since 6th March. I'm still waiting for my benifits to be sorted out, but Bryan Carter seem to think that by a) talking to me like I am stupid and b) shouting and talking over me will make the money I owe them appear out of nowhere. I wish! (when I suggested I go on the game they told me I was being ridiculous so I have no idea what they blooming well want!)

I really don't know what to do. I have offered a token payment, which I actually made before I lost my job, hence, I can no longer afford but these people are just bullies. I actually spoke with a 'Senior Litigation Officer' this morning and I was absolutely appaled at his attitude! He had no reason to, but he began shouting at me and when I asked him not to and said 'calm it down a bit', he acted like I had given him death threats or something :o/

The senior members of staff her appear to set the standard for how other staff speak with the public (I can't imagine any of them have any friends). According to one person, they can speak to me however they like because I owe them money. Nice.

I'm not particularly sure what this post has turned into now to be honest, a big old rant I think, but the bottom line is, these people want money I dont have, but won't accept that (they're so stupid that despite me telling them countless times, they keep sending post to my previous address). It would be different if I had the money and was refusing to pay, but I honestly just can't afford it!!

It wouldn't be quite so bad if there was actually any reasoning with these people but they seem to completely ignore the facts. I'm sick of them calling my mobile and really can't see any way out of this situation. It's making me ill!

Dammit!

Your whole post is very typical of Bryan Carter... There are 4 things you need to do...

1) Stop speaking to them on the phone

2) Send Bryan Carter a CCA (Template letter below)

3) Send them a Harassment Letter (below)

4) Write in complaint to the 'Legal Department' of the Supervisor of Solicitors (and copy it to your Local Trading Standards)

Please, for your sake and others, do these four things..Send a £1.00 Postal Order with the CCA and send the letters to Bryan Carter recorded

• Haha 2

The last time I spoke to them on the phone (Friday 31st March), I was SCREAMED at. I was terrified and didn't know what to do. However no matter what sort of a financial mess I got myself into, I refuse to be spoken to like a piece of s***. Since then I have found this site and am sending the template letter this evening and will await my CCA. The advise not to deal with them by phone is right. If they phone again, insist that you only contact you by post, as you see it as a form of harrassment. Good luck, I'm in the same boat, we'll get through it with our dignity intact, unlike the animals who work for the DCAs. :p

Oh how nice it would have been to have that call recorded and played back to the ignoramus who screamed at you and then laughed before setting the phone down. It would be nice to hear some of the DCAs soundbites on here. Such a professional attitude for a firm of solicitors:rolleyes:

I could cry I tells ye!!! Thank you so much! I'll be sending these right away!

It's damn hard to find any kind of advice on what to do, I mean, I can never get to see anyone at my local CAB. It's only because I googled Bryan Carter that I found this place, so thank you again for your help :p

Perhaps I could get a job with them, I mean, I can be a bum-hole too so I'm sure I'll fit right in! :lol:

Happy to have helped..And stop worrying ok, you've got all the help you need right here, not just from me but from thousands of others...Have a read around the site and familiarise yourself with the meaning of sending the CCA letter.

B Carter are only a collection agency but are happy to drop you in the poo with a CCJ, that's why it's important you get those letters off to them. If they haven't got the Original Agreement, they'll pass the debt back to the original creditor quicker than you can say "**** off Mr Carter"

By the way, are there any unlawful charges you can claim back on this account/CC ?

By the way, are there any unlawful charges you can claim back on this account/CC ?

The reason the amount is as much as it is, is because I found out I could get cashback on my card even though I was already up to my limit. Sensible student!!

I had a bit of an issue with this (yes, but I still carried on) because surely the bank shouldn't have let me get over £1000 in cashback if my account was already at its limit. But thats just my opinion, I know not how these places work!

So I dont think that there are really any 'unlawful' charges. Just my own silly fault!

I hate money I do 

I've had dealings with Carter on behalf of my son who ran up a debt with crap1. Fredrickson are collecting the debt bit by bit but because the odd payment was missed they sent the "heavies" in. All I did was get a swipe card off Carter and pay at the post office although the tone of the original letter off Carter was not great. Everything's stopped at the moment however because the account is in dispute. Fredrickson hasn't provided a CCA and crap 1 say Fredrickson don't own the debt anyway so they should not have been collecting the payments!

Carter and Fredrickson have a very close relationship (nudge nudge, wink wink) ... Complaints letters about Carter's should go to the supervisor of solicitors...if you've got a complaint about them then write to the SoS..

I had some fun times with this Crew and hope you all don't mind me telling my story. It just goes to show how lethal this bunch can be.

I missed one payment with Bryan Carter and Co and before I knew it they had entered a CCJ against my name. I missed my payment by one day, they said it was "too late to stop it now" and went ahead.

Of course they won and got the lovely CCJ against me.

I started paying it and maintained my payments like a good pooch.

I then get a letter from Wescot reporting that they legally owned the debt and that I should make payments to them.

Odd I thought, I just got a CCJ from Bryan Carter and Co and now Wescot want money too.

I stopped my payments to Bryan Carter and wrote letters to both Bryan Carter and Wescot asking for the proof that they owned the debt and that I wouldn't be making payments until I had the proof.

Both agencies came back saying they owned it and to pay up.

What made me laugh was that Wescot were also going to take me to court for the exact same debt. I kindly informed them I had already been taken to court, but they seemed to think that the could do it again.

The fiasco continued for a few more months and Bryan Carter and Co then applied for a Warrant of Execution which they obtained.

I promptly forwarded this to Wescot by Fax whilst someone waited on the phone and confirmed it was received.

So the day comes when the Baliffs were coming, armed with all my documentation I awaited them. I was looking forward to it really, I bought some special Tea and Biscuits as well.

Fortunately my luck was in. I had a telephone call from Wescot saying that they had stopped the Warrant of Execution.

I then proceeded to send my explosion letter.

I asked for all money I had paid to date back, plus compensation and for the CCJ to be removed.

Wescot promptly complied.

I got the CCJ Removed, my money and compensation back.

It turns out that Wescot instructed Bryan Carter and Co to Act on their behalf but because their information never made it to Bryan Carter, they both ended up chasing me for this debt.

The bottom line is, don't mess with this company because they go for the juggular!

Completed:

Woolwich: Received £30

Intelligent Finance: Received £1100 after two years and approximately 20 letters, 6 pieces of hair and an eyeball.

Barclaycard: Received £90

HFC: Received £170

• 2 months later...

Pooch thanks for this. We should not be afraid of this man and his many organisations. He should be afraid of us, the public.

He should watch out. With what I have heard, he is a wanted man.

Bryan Carter is MinceMeat

please can someone advise - I have received a CCJ for part of the debt and payed the amount - they have now claimed for the remainder in northampton court.

is there anything I can do - or do I just have to pay

please help

Hi Everyone,

I have had a bit of a run in with Bryan Carter, with an egg debt. They threatened to take me to court, I replied to the court saying I intended to defend part of the claim. At the same time I sent off a CCA, they duly suspended the court action. They then sent the CCA evidence after two months and have now slapped a CCJ on me. Where do I go from here?

Do I just complain to the OFT, Law society etc? Can I get the judgement suspended?

I also want to claim back any charges that have been applied to the account, eg late payment and the like: This was my original reason for defending part of the claim. Can I do this now I have a CCJ?

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Dan

P.S.

Does anyone know if I can sort out an IVA with CCJs?

TTFN