• Tweets

• I do disagree with you regarding one thing - we are not very good with letters or these situations and are slow on the uptake. So far you have stood up to Excel and their threats, immediately given us the information in the sticky, done loads of reading up to educate yourselves, learnt from the mistake of outing the driver so you'll know not to do so in the future, got on to the organ grinder to try to get them to call off their dogs, etc., etc.  Good grief - we wish everyone who came here would do this!!! Most people who get these invoices sadly think they have been fined and if they don't pay a drone from Ukraine will be diverted and will fall on their home (or some such vague grand apocalyptic threat) and they fold and give in.  You haven't.  Well done. Don't worry - you won't be paying a penny.  Although it will take some time to see off this vile company.
    • Spot on!  You learn quickly. Who cares if the case gets sent to debt collectors?  They have no powers.  All the effort you will have to put in will be to open envelopes - and then spend time laughing at their daft "threats".  No stress at all!
    • I did ask them why, but seems they have more spare cash than we do .. ;-( .. I doubt their bank would even support a chargeback after a year has passed. Anyway I've constructed my first DRAFT Snotty Letter .. so here goes ..   RE: PCN 4xxxxx Dear ALLIANCE PARKING Litigation Dept, Thank you for your dubious Letter Of Claim (dated 29th April 2024) of £100 for just 2 minutes of overstay. The family rolled around on the floor in amazement of the idea you actually think they’d accept this nonsense, let alone being confused over the extra unlawful £70 you had added. Shall we raise that related VAT issue with HMRC, or perhaps the custodians of the unicorn grain silos? Apart from the serious GDPR breach you’ve made with the DVLA and your complete failure in identifying the driver, we’re dumbfounded that the PCN is still not compliant with the PoFA (2012 Schedule 4 Under Section 9.2.f) even after 12 years of pathetic trial and error. We also doubt a judge would be very impressed at your bone idleness and lack of due diligence regarding the ANPR entry / exit periods compared with actual valid parking periods. Especially with no consideration of the legally allowed grace periods and the topological nature of the Cornish landscape versus a traditional multi-storey. And don’t even get us started on the invisible signage during the ultra busy bank holiday carnage, that is otherwise known as the random parking chaos in the several unmarked over-spill fields, or indeed the tedious “frustration of contract” attempting to get a data connection to Justpark.  We suggest your clients drop this extreme foolishness or get an absolute hammering in court. We are more than ready to raise the issues with a fair minded judge, who will most likely laugh your clients out in less time than it takes to capture more useless ANPR photos. We will of course be requesting “an unreasonable costs order” under CPR 27.14.2.g and put it toward future taxis to Harlyn Bay instead.  We all look forward to your clients' deafening silence. Legal Counsel on behalf of the Vehicle Keeper.  
    • Hi,t I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right subsection but General Retail appears to be the closest to it I think... About a year and a half ago I got a new phone so I listed my iPhone 10 on eBay.  The listed stated 'UK only' and 'no returns accepted'. Considering I had had the phone for about 4 years, I myself was amazed that I had kept it in such good condition all that time - apart from being slightly scuffed around the charging port there was absolutely nothing wrong with it. It had the original box, its unopened original Apple cable, plug, and earbuds, and I threw in a case for it and It had always had a screen protector on it. Someone wanted it from Armenia, and I stupidly agreed to it.  She paid and I sent it off, fully insured. Not long after she received it, she sent a message saying it 'was not as described', so I asked to see photos of whatever was the problem.  She sent two photographs of the box.  Just the box.  I said I wasn't even going to consider refunding her unless she told me what she meant by 'not as described'.  I thought, if it's been damaged in transit, then it would be covered by the insurance. Anyway, she didn't respond at all, even though I had messaged her several times, so she opened a case with eBay. I have sold a fair few things of mine on eBay in the past buy had never had had anyone come back to me asking for a refund.  I got in touch with eBay several times by phone and by email, and found out they always side with the buyer, no matter what with their 'eBay Seller Guarantee'.  She had been told she could keep the phone and told me they would recover the money from me from my account blah blah.  So I unlinked all of my cards etc and changed my bank account to one that I never use with no money in it. My account got suspended.  I continued to try to explain to eBay that I had been scammed but I got nowhere. My account was permanently inaccessible by this point. I reported the phone stolen and the IMEI blacklisted but I'm not sure if that would make any difference being in Armenia, but it was all I could think of to piss the buyer off. A couple of months later I was contacted by email by a debt recovery company (I can' remember who now), to whom I explained I will not discuss the matter with them until I had received an SAR I had requested from eBay. As I could no longer access my account, I couldn't review the communication I needed to show I was not in the wrong. The SAR was produced but I was advised that the information I was looking for would not be included but I said I wanted it anyway.  There were so many codes etc. and hoops to jump through to access it, that even after trying whilst on the phone to them, I still couldn't get into it, so I never got to see it in the end.  I think they said they would send the code by post but they never did and I forgot about it after a while. I've just come across a couple of emails from Moorgroup, asking me to phone them to discuss a private matter regarding eBay.  I haven't replied or done anything at all yet.  The amount they are trying to recover from me is £200ish from what I remember. I know it's not that much but I don't want to pay the b*astards on general principle. I've had a lot of useful advice from CAG in the past about debt collectors but it has always been about being chased by creditors, I've never been in this situation before. I don't know what power they legally have to recover the 'debt', and most importantly, I am two years into a DRO, and the last thing I want is another CCJ to shake off if I'm cutting my nose off to spite my face.   Any advice gratefully received!!
    • Hi, I have the Sims 4 on Macbook. Over the last year I have paid for multiple add on packs spending a lot of money on them. I bought them all in good faith as my Mac met all the minimum requirements to play them. I have been playing happily for about a year and bought my latest pack just over a week ago. The games were all working fine yesterday. Then suddenly today EA released a new app to launch the games and this new app requires a MAC OS that my computer cannot use. Now suddenly none of my games are accessible and I am unable to play anything. They did not warn us about this change in requirements and if I had known they would be doing this I wouldn't have bought all these add ons as they are now all totally unusable. The games themselves have not changed, only their app to launch them and I can't afford to buy a brand new mac just to play. So my question is how can they change the minimum requirements after I have paid for a game? I agreed to pay for them based on the fact my mac met their requirements and was not informed when purchasing that this would be an issue in the future. I understand new games (like Sims 5 which is to be released next year) might not be compatible but this is a 10yr old game that they have suddenly made inaccessible due to their new launch app. Does anybody know if I can do anything or anyway to get a partial refund from them? Thanks   Here are their T&C... I can't find anything in there about them being able to do this so not sure what to do https://tos.ea.com/legalapp/WEBTERMS/US/en/PC/
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

AIC Hounding SampleX... Bad to worse!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6021 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is funny, I am going to do this !!!

I had my harrassment call last night and told him the call was being recorded, can he state full name, organisation, time, date and reason for the call for the tape .......... I got a "Why is that sir ??" ......... no more need be said !!

Bet that wasnt on his script :D Wonder what lies and threats he was afraid of being recorded. Well done. I bet you couldnt stop smiling all evening

SampleX, as two months ve elapsed since you sent the CCA letter you can

now send them another letter which I am sure you will enjoy sending.

Dear Sirs,

You will recall signing for a recorded delivery letter from myself on the 28th March. In it I made a request to you under under s.77/78 of the

Consumer Credit Act 1974.

As you know it is a legal requirement that you respond to such a request

within a specified time. That time is now well past and you have thus committed a summary offence that carries a conviction and a fine of up to £2500.

In addition, in the absence of the original agreement, any debt is totally

unenforceable. If you continue to unlawfully harass me by phone despite

the Consumer Credit Act being crystal clear that you cannot pursue me as

you are in breach of the Act you will leave me with no alternative but to

report you via Trading Standards to the Office of Fair

Trading. There I will call into question your ability to hold a Consumer

Credit Licence. I will also take you to Court to ensure that you are punished

for your despicable behaviour.

I expect to hear from you in writing within seven days that your continued

harassment will cease.

Yours Faithfully,

MR SampleX

Something along those lines anyway. Send it recorded and keep a copy.

• 4 months later...

OK... I DO like that letter, BUT... AIC stopped being involved altogether, and have passed it to another DCA... do I still have any grounds to claim the agreement is null and void in the absence of paperwork on the basis of AIC's involvement, or does the whole thing start again, now?

Time for a Bog Off:

Edit as needed

ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE

Dear Sir or Madam,

Account number: XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX

I must admit that I am rather bemused as to why this account has been passed to yourselves, as it is in dispute with the **original creditor/DCA** and has been since DATE 2007.

Not only is this a breach of OFT collection guidelines, but also in breach of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and Data Protection Act 1998

My last letter from **original creditor/DCA** was DATE and intimated that my complaint would be resolved on **DATE**, this obviously hasn’t happened.

As **original creditor/DCA** are now in default of my Consumer Credit Act request, Subject Access request and have also breached s10 Data Protection Act request , I consider this account to be in SERIOUS DISPUTE.

As you are aware while my Consumer Credit Act request remains in default enforcement action is NOT permitted, under s127 this constitutes a complete defence at law.

Now I would respectfully suggest that this account is returned to the **original creditor/DCA** for resolution of these defaults and breaches, as **New DCA** cannot lawfully pursue any enforcement activities.

If **New DCA** chooses to ignore my dispute and attempt enforcement, I will initiate legal action and file reports with the appropriate authorities, including, but not limited to, Trading Standards, Office of Fair Trading, Information Commissioners Office, Financial Ombudsman Service and possible court action.

I hope that this will not be necessary and an acceptable solution can be accomplished.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

I look forward to hearing from you in writing.

Enjoy

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

What if the original DCA has not put anything to me in writing other than the usual 'your account has been passed to us, please ring us so we can help you pay us.'

I did find AIC in a serious breach of the rules of debt collection from the OFT... aparrently they're not supposed to make the situation unworkable... 'Mr Kennedy' did just that... he pushed me into a cyclical argument where I could pay in full, or... well... pay in full... I kept telling him to take me to court, and he kept saying 'we can avoid all that if you pay in full'... He was not in a 'position' to negotiate on behalf of his client (RBS), only to obtain payment in full.

If I remember rightly, they're not allowed to demand a singular, unacheiveable course of action, or tell you to borrow money from friends or family in order to comply...

Don't speak to Mr Kennedy or any of his colleagues again. In some ways this is a shame; there could be some fun to be had.

He is using a technique known as the 'dripping tap'; repeating the same key phrase over and over in order to persuade the target that it must be correct.

There are two methods to counter this:

1. The broken record, in which you repeat the same thing over and over again, without responding to anything the other person says. It requires some confidence and is best done with a script for maximum effect.

2. Attacking his pride and ego. He says he's not in a position to negotiate, so you exploit it. For example:

Why can't you negotiate?

Are you so junior you can't discuss basic things?

Why do you keep repeating yourself; are you reading a script? Can't you think for yourself?

I bet you you wish you had a better job; one where you were allowed to make decisions on your own.

Who's your boss? Is it a man or a woman?

That must really get on your nerves, being told what to do by a woman. Is she bossy? Does she nag you? Does she treat you like a child?

That must be really annoying, being told what to do by some other bloke all the time. Still, I suppose he's done better than you.

How long have you worked there? Haven't they let you move on to thinking for yourself yet?

How old are you? Really, you sound about 17.

How old are you? Wow, as old as that and you're stuck in a dead end job like this. That must really hack you off.

What's it like working there? Don't you ever wish you'd done something worthwhile instead?

Why don't you let me speak to the organ-grinder, not the monkey, if you can't make a decision?

You get the idea... It works best on phone monkeys and can be remarkably effective in getting them to hang up.

• Haha 1

When you think about it it's odd that they expect the call to as follows...

Them: Hello, can I speak to Ms Fuzzgin?

Me: Ms Fuzzgin Speaking

Them: Hello Ms Fuzzgin, please give us all your personal details, even though you don't have a clue who we are and we won't tell you.

Me: why not?.....

Them: ok we are a company you've never heard of before, and you owe us money that you've no memory of borrowing. We'd like to get a payment now. Of course we hope you won't ask and if you did we'd refuse to tell you who exactly we are.

Me: Oh, I'll get my debit card and give you free access to my bank account then.

Unfortunately that does happen. I'm really grateful for this forum making me realise that I have rights too.

• 1 month later...

Hi

I have been reading through these threads with avid interest due to a number of problems i am also having with AIC, And just like SampleX was contacted initially via a text message as asking me to call AIC with a reference number (at this point i had not idea who they were or what the matter was regarding) so i called the number and they immediately threatened me with Bankruptcy if i could not pay £5.5k i explained that i simply did not have these funds available so i was asked " well what can you get" or are you not able to borrow this from friends or family!!

I asked them if i would be able to negotiate a repayment plan and was told they do not enter in to repayment plans and simply out to recover the full outstanding they left me in such a state after all of there initial threats that i even had to be sent home from work as i was unable to concentrate due to all the threats that had been made.

This all happened on the Friday and i pulled myself together and found this fantastic site and also sourced other information through National Debthelpline i was then ready for action - On the saturday i recived also a card through the post from them demanding immediate payment so i took action and sent off for a CCA request as i was also supposed to pay the full balance by monday mid day i called them at 09.30, 10.39 and also after waiting for a call back at 1.39 each time i was told the person dealing with my case was not in my CCA letter was sent recorded delivery and recived by them on 13th and cheque cashed on the 16.11. since that point i had not had any missed calls and no response to the 3 messages i had left so on friday 16.11 i returned home to find a letter dated 13th which stated I write with reference to your letter dated 13.11.2007, I am frustrated at the content of this letter to which you make the following points “Due to continued failure to contact AIC, despite numerous letters, or the failure to arrive at a satisfactory repayment solution that you are now considering court action ...what a joke they had not responded to me

so i called the office and the following happened After receiving this letter dated 13.11.07 i again made contact with Mr xxxxxx with regards the content of the letter whom was unable to provide any reason as to why he had failed to respond to the messages that had been left he merely was unable to respond he also then stated in this call that he found my my attitude to be poor this coming for a company that have not done anything but make verbal threats, needless to say as Mr xxxx was unable answer these questions he put the phone down

I am now playing a waiting game with them as to what will happen next but again no further letters or calls have been recived to date and i am really alarmed at the number of threads i have found about this company and am surprised that they are even allowed to trade

I'll give a testimony now...

I'm actually in no better a position than I was when I started looking here, and certainly am no closer to any 'arrangements'...

But how I feel about everything has changed a lot.

Through the strength and encouragement that I found here, I've been able to deal with things in a different way...

These people no longer intimidate me.

Am I avoiding them?

Absolutely.

Am I paying them anything?

Absolutely not.

Do I acknowledge that I owe a debt?

Certainly.

When the DCA's in my different circumstances start to treat me like a rational, thinking, adult human being who is not manipulated by sneaky tactics and near-criminal business practice, then they'll get a response on the same level. Frankly, if I owe a bank £2000, or a credit card, there is absolutely NO REASON IN THE WORLD why multi-billion pound corporations that specialise in peddling slavery and debt shouldn't accept a repayment of £25 per month because they've managed to collapse someone personally and financially. These corporations don't just want money, they want that level of control... an endebted society is an immobile society and a vulnerable society and is infinitely more likely to continue in debt for a lifetime and pay a lifetime of interest. Financial freedom is empowerment, and that is the last thing the finance houses want.

So the way I figure it, they're actually happier with me in debt and in default, than they would be if I settled.

Every single letter, every single phone call is filled with rhetoric to make me feel like a failure, like a criminal, like I've perpetrated some heinous deed against them. Well screw them! I don't care anymore. This has made my life miserable enough and I came to a grim realisation in the summer... with the exception of one debt, which is secured on my parents property (and which is being repaid at a maximum possible amount)... when you've got nothing left, you've got nothing left to lose. So now I treat them exactly like that... want to threaten court action? don't threaten it... do it... lets talk to the judge. Want to threaten bailiffs...? Fine... when you've jumped through all the legal hoops I give you to jump through, then try to find a property that I own, or rent, and try to prove that I actually own anything at all... and then see if a court will let you auction off my clothes and my toothbrush and prevent me from eating food so that a bank can make its money back... there is such a thing as bankruptcy, and it's not the worst thing that can happen to you.

Here's an encouragement... AIC DO go away. They ARE replaced by someone else, but they DO go away, which to me is proof that if they COULD execute the debt, they would... but they can't, or they aren't, and therefore it ends up being passed on elsewhere, and you just have to get used to playing the same games with CCA and such.

First thing I do, now, when I get a letter from a new DCA introducing themselves, is send them the telephone harrassment letter. Just put a warning shot across their bow, that you know what you're doing.

And the trick is to teach yourself instinctively to tune in to every telephone based pitch (and I mean EVERY) be it sales, or cold calling, or debt collection, and never never let yourself be led into giving a scrap of detail away...

'Is that Mr SampleX?'

- 'Who's calling, please?'

Answer a question with a question - there is no law whatsoever that demands that you give them what they want. When they realise they're being unproductive, they soon go away... They keep ringing, but by now you know their numbers, and you're ignoring them and making a log of each and every attempt to call you. DO NOT confirm your identity in any way... it will annoy the hell out of them. Run rings round them and have fun, by all means. Bottom line, you have, actually, far more power than they do... you have your finger on the bankruptcy button and you can put an end to the whole thing as soon as you get tired of playing the game. If they COULD exercise the power they claim, then the country wouldn't have record numbers of people struggling with debt, it would have record numbers of people automatically and urgently bankrupted by debt collection agencies. These people's businesses thrive on, they exist solely on, their ability to bully you into giving them money to justify their existence. I strongly suspect that AIC is one such company struggling to justify existence... they seem to be hired bullies, unable to negotiate, not in ownership of their own portfolio of debts... all growl and no teeth.

And as you've seen, as rude and insulting as hell.

But here's the thing... if you don't confirm your identity, they can't talk to you. If they send you a letter or card saying 'ring us' then send them a letter written on your behalf (and pp. the signature)(with a slight delay on it - slight delays help string out an inefficient process) stating that Mr Yourself will not conduct such discussions by telephone and is prepared to review the particulars of the situation they are raising in writing only, at which time the details will be reviewed by your legal counsel...

They'll be confused as hell, because they can't discuss matters with you without knowing its you they're talking to, they cannot disclose information to third parties, so they're not sure who they're writing to, and they don't pay operatives to review cases and write letters, they only have a stock of standard letters to send out, so they could just end up repeating themselves and entering into an infinite loop. Nontheless, persist in the vexatious responses, because as long as you've got a record of asking them for perfectly reasonable clarification, their avoidance of fulfilling your reasonable requests is going to prove more troublesome to them at enforcement than it is to you.

Imagine having a log of you sending 20 letters stating (on your behalf) that Mr Yourself requires written discourse to clarify the matter of alleged debt and will not discuss the matter by telephone in order to have a record of events which is open to scrutiny and documented etc.etc.etc... same letter every time, with an added comment of frustration making note that the last request for information has been ignored, accompanied by 20 'please ring us so we can discuss this situation' letters, and THEN being taken to court... who do you think is going to look like they're wasting the court's time? The court can't make you talk to the DCA on the phone... they CAN hammer the DCA for vexatious practice and litigation and take the view that since the onus is on them to acheive a response, they should have done exactly what you reasonably required of them. We do still have SOME rights, if not many.

Chin up.

For many of us this is already the worst it can be, the lowest we can go, and you have to find a way to keep smiling through it all... I actually find avoiding them, or giving them hoops to jump through is just so much fun... I really love it.

And in the meanwhile, there's no point me offering them money I can't pay, or admitting debt that I can't reach arrangements on... so I string along the process, and I'm awaiting a claim against a large UK corporation for damage done to goods in my business as a result of a utilities malfunction which closed my failing business down earlier this year... it might not be a lot, but here's the deal... if I get £6000, and I have £12000 debt, then each creditor will receive a letter stating that this is the situation, they'll have a full disclosure of all my debts, and all the amounts, and will each be offered a 50% settlement with a 50% write off, on the condition that my credit rating reflects that the defaulted debts are now satisfied...

They can accept it (if and when I get it (I certainly hope it's not less than £6000) or they can reject it. If they reject it, then that money will go in a bank account, and each and every one of them will be told to sing for their supper, and when I go to court I will bring out the same proposals, and a statement of the money (which hopefully will have earned a little interest in a nice savings account (beautiful irony will be that the account will be with a bank that I'm not endebted to)) and make the same offer to the court, and hope that a judge finds it to be a reasonable offer.

At the time of making an offer, I'll also then chase the credit card charges back, not from the DCA but from the banks, and with any luck, I'll sting both bank AND DCA... way I see it, if the bank has sold my debt to DCA, they still owe me the billed charges and CANNOT say that they haven't been paid for them, because they accepted settlement in full and final payment of my debt, whether reduced and paid by a DCA or not... we could discuss the legal ramifications of the banks insisting that the account was never paid and was defaulted and therefore no charges are due for refund, because if that were the legal case the question would be 'well, who the buggery is charging me for all these bank charges then, if not the bank...?' and that would, I suspect, be very legally dubious....

Best of luck in your dealings with these wigglers... May you confound them at every stage, may the smile return to your face, and may you find as much enjoyment in making them run in circles as I do. I'd love to see it turned into a national sport...

• Haha 2

Thanks for this i can certainley tell you i will take all of your advice and no they will not grind me down i made a few bad financial chioces during my late teens in to my twenties and made a stupid decision now in to my 30's am still struggling to achieve financial freedom.

However i would also like to state that since the age of 16 i have always worked and paid my way never claimed benefit and raised my children myself and i chosse life and not merely exsist on the pitance that these companys would like me too yes i made mistakes but maybe at the time of lending me the money they should have also loaned there money more responsibly and rather than looking a credit score actually assess my ability to repay ...yes i am sorry for the state i am in but AIC or anyone one else are not going to bring me down as you say i cannot pay what i do not have

here here, samlpeX. I was also feeling absolutely ground down until I found this site. I was reasonable with the credit card companies but they just grabbed more and more. Now I deal with these DCAs in the same way they deal with me - and boy do I feel empowered.

The sooner the banks, credit card companies and other lenders realise that using these bully boys is counter-productive, the better we will all be IMO.

Arrow Global/MBNA - Discontinued and paid costs

HFO/Morgan Stanley (Barclays) - Discontinued and paid costs

HSBC - Discontinued and paid costs

Nationwide - Ran for cover of stay pending OFT case 3 yrs ago

RBS/Mint - Nothing for 4 yrs after S78 request

boy do I feel empowered.

bang on the money!

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON