Miss_squeezy vs Abbey

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4638 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks Icy, great advice - will do so today!

15/2/07 Lloyds TSB number 1 account settled in full :D

20/2/07 5% donation to site :) thanks guys!!

My advice or opinion is offered in good faith but without prejudice or liability. It should not be considered as legal advice. If in doubt, seek advice from a qualified legal professional.

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure" - Marianne Williamson

thanks petcat - I am indeed aware of this, the slippery little so and sos will try all sorts, won't they!?!

My advice or opinion is offered in good faith but without prejudice or liability. It should not be considered as legal advice. If in doubt, seek advice from a qualified legal professional.

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure" - Marianne Williamson

• 4 years later...

Hi Folks - wonder if anyone can help please? My claim with Abbey stalled back in 2007 and I haven't pursued it since because of the 'stays' in place on claims. I've now had a phone call out of the blue from Link Financial who say that Abbey have sold them my debt and I now owe them instead. So, my questions are:

1) Does the Abbey account still count as being in dispute? I didn't get to the point of taking them to court because I couldn't get the court fee together.

2) Is it worth re-igniting my claim with Abbey? I've been out of the loop of the back charges argument, but from what I gather it's not really progressed much?

I really want to get Link off my back - the debt with Abbey is completely made up of charges and I don't want to give them anything when the charges were unfair in the first place. I've recently re-looked at the charges spreadsheet I had and they actually owe me about £700 more than they say I owe them!

Any advice much appreciated :-D

Hi

If this is a current account? (you mention overdraft in revious posts) then sadly the door is closed on bank charges claims now following the Supreme Court ruling.

UNLESS you submit a claim under the hardship rules.

You had a phone call from Link....nothing from them in writing yet?

Regards

ims

Hi ims - thank you for your reply! Yes, it was a bank account. Link called me saying that they were a courier company trying to deliver a parcel to me and wanted to check they had the right postcode. I refused to give them any information and they passed me through to another person who said they were contacting me about an Abbey account. I said I would only deal with them in writing so they've sent me a letter confirming that the debt has been assigned to them. Sneaky so and so's!!

Yes, please - thanks for your help! :-D

Thread moved :-)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi Folks - wonder if anyone can help please? My claim with Abbey stalled back in 2007 and I haven't pursued it since because of the 'stays' in place on claims. I've now had a phone call out of the blue from Link Financial who say that Abbey have sold them my debt and I now owe them instead. So, my questions are:

1) Does the Abbey account still count as being in dispute? I didn't get to the point of taking them to court because I couldn't get the court fee together.

2) Is it worth re-igniting my claim with Abbey? I've been out of the loop of the back charges argument, but from what I gather it's not really progressed much?

I really want to get Link off my back - the debt with Abbey is completely made up of charges and I don't want to give them anything when the charges were unfair in the first place. I've recently re-looked at the charges spreadsheet I had and they actually owe me about £700 more than they say I owe them!

Any advice much appreciated :-D

Thanks for moving the thread! I'm not sure if it's worth pursuing the bank charges with the OFT - I'll need to put together a good letter explaining how I meet their new hardship guidelines.

Any ideas how I can keep Link off my back? I take it because it's a bank overdraft debt that a CCA isn't appropriate....

Yes, it was a bank account. Link called me saying that they were a courier company trying to deliver a parcel to me and wanted to check they had the right postcode.

Did you record that conversation?

My respect to people who post regularly and help people out on here. Without your help alot of wrongs would have been committed.

Unfortunately not!! How I wish I had...