Halifax bank charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6268 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am due to send my lba letter on Monday, this morning i received a letter from the Halifax "Please note the complaint handling rules set by our regulator, The Financial Services Authority, gives us 8 weeks to investigate and respond to complaints"

Do i go ahead with lba, I live in Scotland if that makes any differance

Thnx 4 that. Also do you know if i can download the schedule charge sheet from anywhere else, as i tried on here but cant get it, copied from another site last time and just cut off the intrest section, but it didnt look very profesional, any ideas? thnx.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Martin0535 have you sent the LBA yet, if not send it to them, if you sent on that Monday the 19th as you said in the start of your thread then this runs out on the 4th April (giving a couple of days for delivery) until you have done this and the time has elapsed for them to reply then why take court action, as your claim is £1600 i think i read, then small claims wont cover it however of my experience the Halifax may offer you more than the small claim amount you filed for you to drop further action, you could go through the FOS only after receiving the Halifax final offer or start legal action in England to recover that amount but be warned you may need to appear in court and you must consider this possibility before deciding, my advice would be to wait for their reply/offer then if it is not for the full amount try phoning them offering them one last chance to settle before court action, many have had success from this including myself, if they dont settle then forward your complaint to the FOS or begin legal action in England, my preference would be to complain to the FOS, the choice is yours and good luck to you, let us know how you get on.

• Haha 1

LBA expired yesterday Monday 2nd April, telephoned bank today and they said they will deal with my claim within the 8 week timescale they gave me, i want to take further action, they say this wont make a differance as they cant deal with it any faster than they are, will they deal with it quicker if i report them to FOS, if so how do i report them, any links.

Hi Martin, is your claim over £750, if so the best route to take would be through the FOS, however you do need the banks final say on the matter as you need to forward this on with your complaint.

To do this through the FOS you now need to wait for their reply/offer and as you said earlier they have 8 weeks to do so.

I would wait until you had this then start your complaint, you can download the complaint form and be prepaired to go when it arrives, hope this helps.

Summary action i wouldnt advise due to the costs incurred if you lose, to lose would be costly and if the banks see any mistakes or technicalities they can use they will defend and you may not even get to present your case. There are some who have won and some who have lost however i would suggest to complain through the FOS, wont take any longer than court and you can still claim interest.