Funboy V Capitol One

funboy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6191 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

After my recent success against yorkshire bank i have decided to pursue capitol one for 6 years worth of charges....my preliminary letter will be in the post on monday , I'm claiming back £693

wish me luck :rolleyes:

and when he gets to heaven

to saint peter he will tell

one more soldier reporting sir

i've served my time in hell

• 3 weeks later...

hi all

I recieved a letter from the ever busy mr udy . he states that as a matter of goodwill they have reduced the fees they have added to my account to £12 each ..the total refund is £222 ...without seeking my agreement they have used the money to bring my credit card balance to zero and are sending me a cheque for the remainder which is £28.73....any advice on how to procedd would be very welcome as i'm unsure if i can now pursue the claim

thanks in advance

Hi Funboy, Mr. Udy offered me £364 of charges, they owe me £994 so he got a rejection letter today.

BOS Prelim : 19/06/06 Owed : £382: offered £90.LBA sent 02/07/06, Delivered: 04/07/06. Offer increased to full £382 but with condition. Settled 4/11/06.

Data Protection Act sent to BOS CC : 19/06/06. Acknowledged : 03/07/06 Statements Received : 11/07/06 owed £845

Statements received for closed BOS account: 27/07/06, Owed £2596.52

First claim on closed BOS account now started - £735 Prelim received 7/11/06 LBA sent 5/12/06, Offered Full £735 but with conditions. Claim filed 22/01/07

CapitalOne-£1247, settled in full.

LloydsTSB- £910, sttled in full.

LET BATTLE COMMENCE

did he pay off your credit card with the money he offered ?

I have already sues Capital One and won, they always followthe same route, they will make a small payment into your account, YOU MUST accept as a partial payment only. Send your letter before action taking off the the money received, then when the time is up, you must stick to your time timetable and isse a MCOL or a N1 claim against them. They will acknowledge and then they will file a defence at the last possible moment, and then promptly settle within the next couple of days. That has been my experience alond with many others. Do not be put off by their letters or even their defence, there is substance to them.

Good luck

DS

thanks silverstein thats a great help....ok one letter of rejection coming right up :p

it will be in the post monday morning

• 3 weeks later...

well my LBA has gone unacknowledged so now i'm going to move onto issuing a MCOL but i'm unsure of the wording when issuing one to a credit card company

any advice is most welcome

Funboy

I filed an N1 as I felt happier going in to my local court and talking to a real person about the paperwork and paying my court fee in cash over the counter. They also gave me a number to ring if I had any questions which was comforting.

There are a couple of good threads here that give details on what to include in your POC (Brad vs Cap One, I think?) I'll have another look for you ...

Thanks for all the advice .

MCOL has just been issued...its probably going to be viewed as rank cheek that i paid the fee on my capitol one card :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

well i recently issued my MCOL ..now capitol one have until may 19th to respond..knowing my luck they will try to defend

Cap One will put in a defence and promptly pay out, well that is what they did for me and many others on this site. Unless they have changed their stance since January this year. I would imagine that you will be paid in the next week or so. Check your balance on your card on a regular basis as they will probably slip it in there and the letter will then follow. In my case the letter came a few days after the money was placed in my account.

Keep us advised!

DS

well fingers crossed on that score that the mysterious mr udy smiles on me :grin:

Unless they have changed their stance since January this year. ...

DS

Well they hadn't changed up until the beginning of April this year - this is exactly what happened to me.

GG

Capital One: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) 14 Nov 06, Prelim 8 Dec 06, LBA 10 Jan 07, MCOL 1 Mar 07. Settled in full 2 Apr 07. :)

HSBC: Prelim 27 Feb 07, LBA 10 Apr 2007, Received offer 25 Apr 07. Rejected 2nd May 07. Received new offer 22 May 2007. Accepted 22 May 2007. Settled.

Barclaycard: SAR 2nd May 2007.

recieved notification that capitol one have filed a defence.....looks like this is going to go right to the deadline before i get a settlement :(

Hi

Once they file their defence on the last day! by the deadline you should also receive payment. This is how it was for me at the beginning of this year. When you say they will take it to the line, this is what Barclays, Abbey etc do down to trial date. My thoughts are that they will pay fairly quickly and you are now on the home run.Just keep on checking you Capital One balance on that deadline, so if it is 14 days for them to file that defence you should be paid out arround that time.

Good Luck

DS.

• 2 weeks later...

well capitol one have filed a defense so it looks like i should get paid out soon with any luck , dont like to count my chickens though

Fun boy , I am one day ahead of you, papers served on the 8th May and defence lodged on the 11th. Nice bank holiday weekend coming up , heres hoping:) .On reading threads it seems to be a 21 day turnaround from serving to full offer.

Also when cap one agree to pay out , could anyone let me know how long it has taken them to get the funds back on their card? Thanks. (I am just over my limit but am refusing to pay until this is settled)

Oh and DOO any sign of your cheque yet? Well done.