JW 'v' Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6257 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have tried to send my prelim letter to Trinity Rd by recorded delivery. I sent this first class 03.03.07 and as yet it still has not been delivered. I faxed a copy of the letter together with a schedule of the charges I am claiming to 08451 281385. Is this the correct number? Was the Trinity Rd address the wrong one?

PLease can someone let me know the correct numbers and address to send correspondance if I am sending it to the wrong place.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

Hi JW ---

Trinity Road is the best address to send correspondence to. Sometimes, for unknown reasons, the royal mail website doesn't always show when a letter has been delivered. This could be due to the sheer number of letters going to the same address. I know we have a similar problem where I work (not in finance thankfully:) ).

Anyway, best way forward is for you to stick to your timescales. Allow two days from posting and count on 14 days. You should be looking at sending your LBA around 19th March.

Have a read of my thread to see how I got on with the Halifax :D

Best wishes.

Jaxads x

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

Thanks...Will send the LBA on the 19th.

Thanks again

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

When you send a letter recorded delivery it should show signed for on the Royal Mail website. However I know from working there that when recordeds are sent to a company where there are a lot of recordeds on the same day the stickers are all put on one sheet and the sheet is just signed for once. There would be far too many for them all to be individually signed for. That may be why it does not show on the website.

I sent this first class 03.03.07 and as yet it still has not been delivered.

Same here Jowalshy ,but i phoned Halifax yesterday and they DO have my Prelim. My LBA goes off 15th.

Prelim Sent -27/02/07....

Response Letter rec'd -13/03/07....

LBA Sent -15/03/07...

Court claim due-30/03/07

Offer received(10p/cent short)-declined for full amount-28/03/07

Success FULL 6yr amount offered-29/03/07:D

........not yet received because they want me to accept conditions!!:(

Thanks change-it I will ring them on Monday to see if they have received the posted letter and my fax. Good luck and let me know how you get on.

Just received a letter from Halifax saying that the FSA gives them 8 weeks in which to reply to my complaint and that they will try and reply in the next 4 weeks. Is this the standard letter that everyone receives? Do I just keep to my timetable where the LBA to be sent on 19th?

I will send the LBA on the 19th.

Thanks barbershop0.

Good luck and let me know how you get on.

You too JW and will do

Prelim Sent -27/02/07....

Response Letter rec'd -13/03/07....

LBA Sent -15/03/07...

Court claim due-30/03/07

Offer received(10p/cent short)-declined for full amount-28/03/07

Success FULL 6yr amount offered-29/03/07:D

........not yet received because they want me to accept conditions!!:(

Hi jowalshy --- yes LBA on the 19th. It's YOUR claim, so your timescales.

The halifax are just trying stalling tactics --- ignore them!!!

On the other hand, you may just get an offer before then !!

Best wishes.

jaxads

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

Thanks jaxads. Countdown to the 19th has begun.

The waiting is the worst bit isn't it!!! Just remember, you WILL get your money back :D

jaxads

jaxads

Hi Wardo --- I was responding to jowalshy :)

Welcome to the site. In order to prevent mix-ups you should start your own thread. That way you can keep us all posted with your progress and we can answer your questions direct.

LBA (letter before action) is the second letter!!

This should be sent 14 days after the first letter. The letter you have received is a standard "stalling" letter. Carry on and stick to your timescales. Whilst you're waiting you should take some time to have a good read through the Halifax forum, that way you'll get some idea of what to expect.

When you're ready to send your LBA - this can be found in the templates section.

jaxads

Hi Wardo. Good luck in your quest and let me know how you get on. There are alot of abbreviaions here and once you have read through some of the threads you get to know what each one means. If you have any problems, just ask.

Received a letter today informing me that they are going to take £30.00 from my account for going £1.87 over my overdraft limit. I gave them a ring and told them that I had called them on 12.03.07 to explain that money was due in. As a goodwill gesture they are refunding the charge but I will not be able to do it again. Will this cock up my claim?

Received a letter today informing me that they are going to take £30.00 from my account for going £1.87 over my overdraft limit. I gave them a ring and told them that I had called them on 12.03.07 to explain that money was due in. As a goodwill gesture they are refunding the charge but I will not be able to do it again. Will this cock up my claim?

No.

Just had a phonecall from Halifax offering me £500.00. I claimed for £761. They stated that the charges were lawful of which I replied according to the current media they are unlawful! She went away to speak to her supervisor and came back and offer the full amount. yipeeeee.

As I mentioned earlier the Halifax has now offered, via phonecall last night, the full amount. The lady said that a letter will be sent out to me on Monday containing an acceptance letter for me to sign and send back. How long after I have aceepted do they pay out??

The only address I have found so far is:-

Halifax Card Services

Pitreavie Business Park

Dunfermline

Fife

KY99 4BS

Is this correct or should I send my SAR up to Trinity Rd?

Received letter today confirming the offer of £761 as full and final settlement. They will be crediting my account with the refund within the next 14 working days. Sent acceptance back (recorded delivery) so now I shall sit and wait. If money not received by 9th April, I will be sending them a letter informing them that I will now pursue the claim through the courts and claim for interest aswell.