Fendy V Natwest 16.1k. Anything I Can Do About The Shoddy Envelopes Used By Natwest.

fendyweather
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6171 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Fendy have you thought they may have sent you an answer, but if its in a tatty torn brown envelope. It might have got lost. ;)

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My 6 years worth of statements also arrived inaripped cheap brown envelope.

I have just joined the group and am worried about the length of time it appears to take to gain satisfaction. I have read in news papers and web sites that it need only take weeks rather than months. However that does not account for delaying tactics I still have no address or departement to deal with and am wrorried that lack of response from Nat west

As it is all call centre I posted my request by hand inmmy local branch I have kept copies of everything but did not imagine I would have to Register them.

The first hand delivered missive gained a response in 30 days Ok My statements

I then sent , hand delivered to my branch -a request for payment /refund with a copy list of all charges - both the total charges and a total with interest Asking fora response in 14 days Nothing Not even a "we are dealing it" So I have no name /department /or ref number to reply to.

2nd letter went again hand delivered -withpout prejudice asking for a lower settlement figure in 14 days orcourt action = again nothing

I should be starting court action tomorrow should I just go for it or fax to that number for S Higley , giving 24hrs Anyone got an address that I might use.I feel as if I have not done enough homework

Hi ripski........ I think it's really worthwhile starting your own thread on the nat west forum - ripski vs natwest. That way, you can get advice and support on your claim from the word go.

As you hand delivered your prelim and LBA to your branch, it's likely that they passed these on to the customer relations unit in Borehamwood. However, as you didn't send them there recorded post yourself you've got no way of proving that they ever received them.

Also, at prelim and LBA stages, you only ask for the actual charges back - the 8% interest can only be added on by the courts. If you claimed contractual interest though - that' fine. And at LBA stage, you stick to claiming your full amount of charges back.

In your situation, I'd be inclined (and I'm sure somebody will correct me if I'm wrong) to re-send your LBA with the full schedule of charges (minus the 8% interest column) to:

Stuart Higley

Nat West Customer Relations Unit

225 Shenley Road

Borehamwood

Hertfordshire

WD6 1BR

Send it recorded delivery (only costs a quid) and explain that you hand delivered prelim and previous LBA to local branch. However, give them an extra 7 days to respond to your LBA before taking them to the court stage.

Hope that helps - good luck, hedgey xx :D

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

You could add that you previously sent list in with the 8% on purely to show the extent of how much the interest at 8% would be, were you to end up taking it to court, but that you would of course, at this stage be entirely happy to take FULL REFUND OF CHARGES ONLY. That way you are acknowledging that you know you are not entitled to the 8% at this stage and letting them know if they come back with full offer of all charges only, you would be happy to accept, and end of......... Good luck though.

Fendy xxxxxxxxxxxx

i think if any mail not come to us intact the responsible for that is the sender not the royal mail wend is sent via normal mail so you must ask natwest again for your statements and they have to proof that they have send them to you in fact who i think they cant do only if they sent the envelop recorded or special delivery they can really proof the sending.

if your statements have been lost in transation yes you are entitled to sue natwest for identity teft and possibly being victim of fraude the best advice i can give you is to close your account imediatly to nobody can make use of your details.

good luck mate

Hi Fendy, I've just seen your thread about the tatty inadequate envelopes NatWest use to send bundles of statements out.

I complained to NatWest that mine was split down the length of both sides - so bad in fact that Royal Mail had put the contents into a strong plastic envelope for onward travel to my abode.

The bank's response to my complaint about quality of envelope was to blame Royal Mail. Saying they had stated on the plastic envelope that the brown envelope had became damaged in transit.

So, by their reckoning, if I sent some raw eggs to someone in an ordinary box - not a moulded egg container from a shop - and they arrived broken that would be Royal Mails fault, not mine, for not packing them carefully inthe first place.

I made a valid point to NatWest, that in this age of identity fraud, I could easily have lost some sensitive information from the split envelopes. Needless to say they were not concerned!

Regards DAVIDP.

• 3 weeks later...

My brothers statements came in the same way. given there envelope there is no way the envelope could NOT break. There must be something we can do about this, it is a serious data protection issue. I got £150 off HSBC for sending statements to wrong address (even though it was my ex), wonder if I could do same here?

We can always threatten the FOS, if they do investigate a complaint it costs the bank money.

The views I express here are mere speculation based on my experience. I am not qualified nor insured to give legal advice and any action you take will be at your own risk.

Hi there, I wrote to both Natwest and my local MP about this. A whole years worth of mine were missing from the envelope when they arrived, and my postie had very kindly bagged them all up (the ones that were left) and brought them to me in plastic post office bag, but to date, I have not even had the courtesy of a reply from either Natwest or my MP. Disgraceful really. But sadly, nobody seems to care on iota............ its shamefull. It really is............ Ive now been put at risk of Id fraud or theft and they just get away with it. Its so wrong.................

• 2 weeks later...

My statements should arrive soon, found this thread unbeliveable - so obviously a "work-to-rule" issue on natwest's part.

But a difficult case to prove really cos of Parkvale's more elquently put Royal Mail/Natwest blame-game.

Will definitely let you know the condition of mine

Just dropped in to let everyone know that my data arrived from HFC bank this morning (just within the 14 days I gave them in my non-compliance letter) in a lovely HSBC post-safe packet, all data intact! Have HSBC group always used these or are the banks starting to realise they can't treat our data in this way?

SM:p

Paying interest on a loan caused by penalty charges? Read this!!

Very useful A-Z here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html?highlight=can%27t+find+what+you%27re+looking+for%3F

New strategy for Scots claims here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/scotland/71013-urgent-attention-please-read.html

Scottish procedure:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/royal-bank-scotland/42620-scottish-procedure.html

I am a layperson not a legal expert, my advice is offered without prejudice or liability, it is purely my opinion based on personal experience and should be treated as such. If in any doubt seek the advice of a qualified professional.

Just dropped in to let everyone know that my data arrived from HFC bank this morning (just within the 14 days I gave them in my non-compliance letter) in a lovely HSBC post-safe packet, all data intact! Have HSBC group always used these or are the banks starting to realise they can't treat our data in this way?

SM:p

hi there just to said that my statements have been sent to my branch and in very excellent condition

I just rediscovered your thread and have drafter this to send to Natwest.

I thank you for complying with my earlier Subject Access request and look forward to contesting the legality of your charges in court. However I must say that the envelope in which the statements were dispatched was wholly inappropriate. In light of the present climate in relation to Identity theft I cannot believe that a large financial institution would dispatch years worth of bank statements in a standard envelope.

I also wish you to know that I have evidence that other customers of Natwest have raised this issue, but you have taken no action.

. Fortunately for me Royal Mail placed the envelope into a protective wrapper and, so far as I could tell, no statements were missing. My point is that another person could easily have obtained this information, though I do not blame Royal Mail for using a clear plastic cover for the envelope. The fault lies firmly with your organisation which has an obligation to protect confidential information it holds on present and past customers.

I shall be contacting my MP and the local press unless I receive a satisfactory response. I would also like to make you aware that your shoddy envelope is a clear breach of the Banking Code.

"2. Our key commitments to you: We will treat all your personal information as private and confidential, and operate secure and reliable banking and payment systems.

11.1 We will treat all your personal information as private and confidential (even when you are no longer a customer). We will not reveal your name and address or details about your accounts to anyone

12.1 We will co-operate as an industry so that you enjoy secure and reliable banking and payment systems you can trust."

Nowhere does it say that you will send out a large pile of statements in an envelope which would only be adequate for a single monthly statement. Any employee of Royal Mail could know my address and account numbers, this is not acceptable as you have a legal as well as moral duty to safeguard data you hold on your customers.

The views I express here are mere speculation based on my experience. I am not qualified nor insured to give legal advice and any action you take will be at your own risk.

Well what do you think?

Should I take up poisoned pen letters? lol

Go for it . the only way they will put their house in order is by being forced to change their ways. That will only be achieved by people that are bothered to force that change. So give them hell. Good luck.

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

Well I havent given up on this point, just had a lot on plate of late......... Im still determined to keep badgering them about this point of the utterly disgraceful unsecured way they send their post out. Theyre putting so many people at risk of ID fraud, that Im not letting it drop either. Nobody at all has bothered to answer any of my letters Ive sent about this, so Im feeling particularly naughty this week. I think Im gonna bang a letter off to Sir Fred about these, (if you dont get joy from the minions, my opinion is go straight to the top) and Im also gonna copy in IC and let them know the state mine came in. Ive already had notification from Experien last week that somebody tried to get a loan in hubbys name, weve obviously stopped that now, but I think its interesting to see it may have been by the same person who nicked a years worth of my statements in transit. Not funny really, but good were registered with the CRA's to keep a regular check on our files. Its cost me to do so though. And the way I see it Nutwest should have to pay for this for having put us at risk in the first place by the way they sent these out. So my main fight is the claim, but then Im back onto this point to try and get it sorted for others going forward. Keep fighting and we will get results, might take a while, but if we keep quiet, then nobody wins. Lets push push push and try and do something. Fend xxxxxxxxxx

• 1 month later...

Hi trudd,

Did you receive all the statements you requested? or have they sent out the regulation amount? I ask on the basis that I havent received my full amount which could possibly be for a backlog of requests to fulfill, yet you have received yours in a week! bob m.