OPC Private Parking Tickets

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4760 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

'letter headed' paper has a status. sending out these improper copies is purporting that they comes from the court. they do not stamp "EXAMPLE" or "Not an official court document' some such over it to negate the official document they are mis-using.

Clear deception in my view.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

More unsealed claim forms received this week.

I am now able to come to the conclusion that this claim form is the last in a series of apparently increasing threatening letters.

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

Hi Guido,

the unsealed claim form is just another tool, I've got a pile of them from my county court (for my bank/credit card charges). I am sending them to my bank to show I mean business with reclaiming, I am not acting illegally. In this case it is just a threat playing on people's perceived ignorance of claim system, hoping it induces panic and get the cash , its just an attempt by a claimant to force a defendant to cough up prior to issuing proceedings. Highly unlikely to ever receive a sealed copy given the arguments against them they would lose.

but the papers are not false, you can get them from any county court, they aren't printed off on the home PC, I have sent 3 unsealed claims forms, they outline how much money I think I am owed and the nature/arguments of my claim, probably in much the same vein as the PPC have sent, it's a carbon copy of the form I will proceed with. It is a sign of intent, totally legal and not pretending it is some form of judgement. Though I am prepared to issue on mine, I believe in my legal argument, they don't. I am not expecting a 21 year sentence for the unsealed forms sent. We have totally digressed, no solicitor is ever going to argue that sending claims forms is illegal as it's simply not. If it said they were a judgement or they tried to fake a judgement then it's another matter- they surely wouldn't be that stupid but you never can tell.

The offense appears to be intentially giving a false impression that court proceedings have actually been initiated by presenting papers proporting to be a copy of those ALREADY provided to the court.

If you make it clear to the recipient that the papers are ones that you INTEND to submit to the court, then does it not serve the same purpose as a letter before action.

As Lamma said, I would suggest there is a fine line between the two, which you could easily fall on the wrong side of if you're not careful in the wording.

MBNA - Agreed to refund £970 in full without conditions. Cheque received Sat 5th Aug.:D

Lloyds - Settled for an undisclosed sum.:D

I presented no wording to them on at least one of the forms from what I remember other than supply account number/personal details as a covering sheet and the claim itself.I assumed a legal dept would know what it was, it's very similar to the letter before action.I neither advised them what it was or that it purported to the court, they recognised it was an intent as opposed to me pretending to be a court. People with some legal experience or knowledge would recognise an unsealed form (though some MCOL I don't think give case refs), this tactic as used by PPCs just tries to force people without the knowledge to cough up, it preys on ignorance-some people may panic if they get something formal looking with "court" on it.There is no such thing as "fake" or "real" court documents. Spoke to claimant and defendant solicitors who send/receive unsealed docs all the time, often with no wording to explain at all, all said was pretty laughable to start charging people with offences for this practice,though a judge may be sympathetic for a lay person should any claim arise from a more legally savvy party, which is beside the point as they still need to present a defence and can't rely on the judge to do this for them. Unsealed forms can be just as ignored as the usual bullying, quasi legal, letters/invoices they usually send. Or you can choose to pay. Each step they take is just a threat that will never get carried through ie, the original notice, the invoices, the debt collection letter and the unsealed form,just another link in the pressure chain.

Harassment is a different aspect, if I was calling 10 times every day and sending a claim form a week to them then I would be harassing the bank.1 claim form is totally acceptable in a negotiating process, which essentially the parking notice claim is. I do have some stuff provided by solicitors at my firm regarding proceedings which am happy to PM but won't post on open forum,being paranoid about prying eyes etc-the less forewarned they are the better, that am potentially using regarding UK PAO.

• 1 month later...

OPC have finally been shown the door and are not patrolling the office car park anymore.

However, they were replaced with a new firm, Parking Control Removals and they are clampers.

After a few days of arguing I have now got rid of these too. Who knows what the future holds for our car park.

At least I know two things, I will not get any more OPC tickets and I will just ignore the seventy or so tickets I have.

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

OPC have finally been shown the door and are not patrolling the office car park anymore.

However, they were replaced with a new firm, Parking Control Removals and they are clampers.

After a few days of arguing I have now got rid of these too. Who knows what the future holds for our car park.

At least I know two things, I will not get any more OPC tickets and I will just ignore the seventy or so tickets I have.

Good result Guido. Nice one.

Are you going to use the OPC as toilet paper or is your backside much to refined to demean it with PPC tickets.:D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By way of intro I have been on the receiving end of demands from OPC and now their debt recovery arm Windsor-Smythe. I had thought thier penalty demand had died a death. Clearly not just yet.

At the time I had a valid parking permit and was in the correct parking space. So you can imagine my annoyance.

My wife is now worried about a County Court summons and possible CCJ. So I have written now to W-S insisting that they stop pursuing me.

So thank you for the views and letters suggested on here. Very useful indeed

Ian

PS the 1904 refers to another forum that I am quite active on :). Nothing to do with my DOB or age. Put Yorkshire and Divers into Google sometime

By way of intro I have been on the receiving end of demands from OPC and now their debt recovery arm Windsor-Smythe. I had thought thier penalty demand had died a death. Clearly not just yet.

At the time I had a valid parking permit and was in the correct parking space. So you can imagine my annoyance.

My wife is now worried about a County Court summons and possible CCJ. So I have written now to W-S insisting that they stop pursuing me.

So thank you for the views and letters suggested on here. Very useful indeed

Ian

If you're at the Windsor Smythe stage hang in there, you're nearly at the end of the process. If you read this thread you'll see how they haven't actually got around to taking the originator of the thread to court despite his 70 tickets and numerous threats.

Tell your wife not to worry about the summons. It gives you a chance to put your side of the dispute. By the sounds of it you can beat them at their own game.

CCJ's are a problem in the remote event you should lose. They only become a problem if you don't pay them in the time allowed by the court. When they are paid in time they are marked satisfied on the register.

You're best bet is to ignore anymore of their bumf.

Edited by pin1onu

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you're at the Windsor Smythe stage hang in there, you're nearly at the end of the process. If you read this thread you'll see how they haven't actually got around to taking the originator of the thread to court despite his 70 tickets and numerous threats.

Tell your wife not to worry about the summons. It gives you a chance to put your side of the dispute. By the sounds of it you can beat them at their own game.

CCJ's are a problem in the remote event you should lose. They only become a problem if you don't pay them in the time allowed by the court. When they are paid in time they are marked satisfied on the register.

You're best bet is to ignore anymore of their bumf.

I happen to be a professional interim-beancounter and do some debt recovery. I even sometimes use real companies :rolleyes: to collect debts for me, where there is a genuine case. So I quite enjoy the odd bunfight.

I would actually welcome a court summons. I have the photographs of my car permit etc. I know that my employer (as was, I have since changed to a different contract)has numerous penalties issued against them, and the in-house legal eagle says not to pay, prove loss etc

• 1 month later...

Tonight I went out for a meal only to find all the parking spaces had been taken apart from 6 disabled space that did not have a single disabled user using this special service put on by out terrorcrats and so I decided common scence would rule the day and opted for a meal.

OPC were nice and left me a parking ticket and not only will I not pay but I will also be calling for the local councillor to step down from office as he is ultimately responsible for allowing the thugs to set up honey spots primed for motorists and this behaviour does nothing for disabled drivers who I do respect 99% of the time and they themselves should demand a end to this type of action being carried out in there names.

It’s not just about defend your rights it’s about taking the streets back from this [problem] artists and I will be happy to spend hundreds of hours defending the publics freedom and exposing local councils for what they are.

• 4 weeks later...

Had another Windsor Smythe letter today. This one encloses the photos of my car, minus the offending pass of course. I have been given another 14 days to pay or can make monthly payments of minimum £20 per month, but there is the risk of further charges being added.

I replied to the last letter, but OPC and WS appear to have declined to answer any points I raised. I think I won't actually reply to this one.

Lamma

I was speaking to you last week about my private car park problems, i cant find the thread i started, the private car park is in Newcastle and owned by a company called Vehicle Control Services LTD and they are based in Sheffield, we have had another final demand for £120

another final demand. do they not know what final means ? No they don't. Several 'final' demands is quite usual. sometimes with a really really really final letter that more or less begs from some money. you are near they end of it now.

i have received a letter from windsor-smythe & partners regarding an unpaid parking ticket from opc i have sent off the basic letters and had my appeal turned down! (shocker!!) this letter is a FINAL REQUEST threatening county court for recovery, but also inclosed with this letter was a claim form from what looks like wolverhampton county court? it lists the claimant as opc, defendant as me and the details of the claim, now this has no claim number stamped on it or where there is a seal circle on the page i assume this is for the court stamp that is blank is this just another scare tactic or am i going to be looking at a court sumuns? i was declared bankrupt over 12 months ago and owe over 50K so not really bothered about the claim for £200 when i owed lloydstsb 3K and they were awarded nothing!, but i cant be bothered to go to court again! any advice on this new letter would be gratelly appreciated thanks

will do thanks, thought it was but was unsure!!, ukpc/credit security limited aint given up though had a good argument with them the other day, after receiving about the 40th final notice to take me to court they rang me, i was virtually begging them on the phone to take me to court, and at the end of the call she sound very perplexed at my reaction of wanting to go to court lol!! hopefully that will be the end of it but will let you all know how i get on, i quite look forward to there calls now its quite funny