Can I claim one charge back?

robbo666
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6247 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello guys and girls.

Ok I have just had my first charge with First Direct for £37.50 for insufficient funds.

Is there just a one liner that I can e-mail them? (Besides get stuffed :rolleyes:) to reclaim this stupid charge?

Obviously it's not really worth me going through the whole claims procedure.

Thanks folks

I am currently on another thread in the Halifax board.

robbo666 Vs Halifax (Visa/Credit Card)

Ok, since I posted, I checked my statement and they have banged another charge for being over my limit, another £30.

God damn it!

Ok so to date first direct owe me £67.50

Any ideas?

Write to them.... all apologetic.... very sorry.... due to an oversight.... inadvertantly allowed my account to become overdrawn.

To date, my account has always been properly maintained.

Would you be prepared as a gesture of good will to refund the two charges...... Etc.

If that doesn't work then you must resign yourself to the full works.

Good luck.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

When i moved my account after my attack on Halifax I got one charge from my new bank. i went into branch and asked them what are this money for that I did not paid 35 to nobody. They told me that this is a charge for being overdraft. I told them that such charges are unenforceable (did I write it right?) and some other stuff which I find over here. I told them that they have to give it back immediately or I will go all the way up to small claim and they will give it back and pay for court fees. This man just said "I see that you've got information" and gave it back. On Halifax see my thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank-bank-scotland/71700-kecimot-against-halifax-learn.html

If I helped you click on my scales (on the bottom on right hand site). Thanks

July 2006 - DPA sent - never got reply

September 2006 - First letter sent, got offer for half of charges, Thanks but no thanks reply with LBA sent in October 2006

January 2007 - filed Small Claim on-line

after some mix-ups on 14 February 2007 Small Claim pack served to Halifax

they have 6 weeks (Claim from NI take longer) until 28 March 2007 to respond

See my thread:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank-bank-scotland/71700-kecimot-against-halifax-learn.html

Direct contact for Halifax

Matthew Ingham

Team Leader - Regulated Sales

Customer Relations - Halifax

HBOS Plc

CB/2/CR/26527

Direct Dial: 01422 326 527

[email protected]

Tee hee. I love this story. Just imagine if you could educate the whole country to march into their local branch and tell the manager to give back the money they stole, with legal arguments, reference to case law, and reference to banking rules and regulations, every single time they did it.

There be a queue going off down the street. Aaaaahh. [daydreaming]

Yes I was amused as well I did not expected that it will be so easy. Thanks to all who started claims and thanks to all of us who continue to play this ball :D

If I helped you click on my scales (on the bottom on right hand site). Thanks

July 2006 - DPA sent - never got reply

September 2006 - First letter sent, got offer for half of charges, Thanks but no thanks reply with LBA sent in October 2006

January 2007 - filed Small Claim on-line

after some mix-ups on 14 February 2007 Small Claim pack served to Halifax

they have 6 weeks (Claim from NI take longer) until 28 March 2007 to respond

See my thread:

Direct contact for Halifax

Matthew Ingham

Team Leader - Regulated Sales

Customer Relations - Halifax

HBOS Plc

CB/2/CR/26527

Direct Dial: 01422 326 527

[email protected]

Hello everyone,

Ok an update for you .

As you may know I e-mail First Direct asking them to return £67.50.

It was a nice e-mail saying that I overlooked the direct debit, blah blah blah.

The replied very fast by saying unfortunately we won't be considering anything it's all your fault. (Not really but I think that you get the picture)

So I figured that I have nothing to lose and I sent them an e-mail (Basically copied a template) giving them 14 days etc etc.

Now after I sent this I figured that I'm screwed, First Direct don't save the e-mails sent. So I thought that I would wait 14 days.

This morning 13/03/2007 I received a letter in the post from first direct offering a settlement of £30. They want me to sign a piece of paper saying that I agree.

But what else that bugs me is apparently on the 1st of April I "will" have another charge of £55??? They must be able to predict the future.

So whats your thoughts guys?

To be perfectly honest I'm not really bothered, I figured I could do this while I wait for my Halifax ones to sort themselves out.

I suppose you could call this a tester.

This bit made me laugh

"First direct is, however, mindful of the management time and irrecoverable legal costs we may incur in such a claim"

But I still don't understand where the £55 came from that they have "Waived".

I have 10 days to reply.

Guest ian cognito

If you check on internet banking, you do get advanced notice of fees, this allowed me to delay my lba to include the further £110 they took off me at the end of February!!!!

I am now thinking of sending them this:

Dear sirs

I would like to make a personal loan appliction of £3000, I would like this money interest free, over a six year period but would only be looking to pay 50% of the loan amount back. In addition I would like a condition that says I can take further money from you as and when I want, without the need to pay it back. I trust this is in line with the terms and conditions you currently run my account under.

Yours faithfully etc.

How do you think I'd go on?

God damn it!

excess overdraft fee 25.00

overdraft fee 30.00

debit interest 0.45

Yeah as you can see I have found it.

Shall I say to them that I will just claim these charges back also?

Or I could just take the £30 but it still sucks.

Also I'm not over my Overdraft limit, limit being £50 and I still have £20+ to spend.

Make sure you get the whole lot back! If you roll over now and accept £30 instead of the full amount then they will continue to apply charges to your own account and those of other customers. It is only by standing together and taking them all the way that we will succeed in wiping out these ridiculous and illegal penalties.

Freedom!

Yeah I see what your saying, So I should just add the £55 on top of the £67.50

This is funny, The thread is titled should I claim one charge back, Since then it's now 4 charges.

Also would you all suggest that I do the remaining in writing and not by e-mail?

You never know they may turn nasty.

So would it be suggested that I pre claim for the £55 that is due to be taken on the 1st of April?

Or I could say "give me my £67.50 back and continue to waiver my £55 charge and all future charges"

(Anyone any good at writing letters?) I could just drive there, leeds isn't that far away.

This is what I have written.

(EDIT)

Basically all I have done is copied the template and added my little bits, lets see how it goes.

Please do not post any of our templates on the open forum .Only registered users are able to access our libary.By all means you can post a link to the template

That seems good enough to me. As previously mentioned, always communicate in writing via signed for delivery, refuse to agree to anything by phone (in fact don't ever phone them unless you are particularly adept AND are recording the conversation) and email is not much use either as it is difficult to prove they are genuine. Keep a copy of those letters and stick to your deadlines to keep them moving along at YOUR pace.

Best of luck!

FD Telephone Monkey: "But we're only trying to help you Mr. Volcano"

LMFAO!!!!!

Robbo - it's interesting about them 'waiving' the next fee due. In my first offer letter from FD I had the same thing. Low and behold, when I checked my most up to date statement they hadn't waived anything at all - just applied another charge plus the fee they claimed they were waiving.

Like you, some of these fees have been charged (almost automatically) and relate to periods when I have't anywhere near exceeded my overdraft limit.

Claim against First Direct - WON - 29th March 2007

EDITED

Basically all I have done is copied the template and added my little bits, lets see how it goes.

Typo in last para robbo, if you didn't spot it yourself before printing - you've a full stop between 'and' & 'If' (and 'I' in 'if' will need to be lower case too). :cool:

Typo in last para robbo, if you didn't spot it yourself before printing - you've a full stop between 'and' & 'If' (and 'I' in 'if' will need to be lower case too). :cool:

:-| Ah well I have sent it, Recorded delivery. ;)

Lets see what happens.

About the charges, £55 god knows what they are for.

Fingers crossed they will give me the full £67.50 back.

And if they continue to charge me a further £55 I will claim again.

Stuff em. Cheers for all of the support so far peeps. :D

(EDIT)

Please do not post any of our templates on the open forum .Only registered users are able to access our libary.By all means you can post a link to the template

Quote myself, Yup I get the rules now. (maybe should have read them)

Still waiting though.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ian cognito

Yes court claim next but I would hang on until 1st April and see if there is a further charge, no point in paying £35 to amend a claim when the extra amount is only £55.

Ok guys update,

On the 1st of April they did charge me another £55, then they gave me it back straight away :confused:

But there is still no sign of the original £67.50, Where do you think that I should go from here?