Lawsmiths/Eversheds???

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6247 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a debt with Northern Rock which I am paying Eversheds for. I have been paying via DD for months now.

All of a sudden, out of the blue a letter (supposedly from Eversheds)arrives saying

Without Prejudice

'We are writing to advise you that we are no longer instructed with regards to the above matter.

We would request you stop all your monthly payments to us and contact Ms Margaret Rowbotham at the below address.

Lawsmiths

1st Floor

Dominion House

Sibson Road

Sale Manchester

M33 7PP

Telephone : 0161 972 7700

We trust the above clarifies our client's instructions.

Yours sincerely

recoveries department

Eversheds LLP

Now I rang the above number and the woman who answered the telephone said that the woman was unavailable as they had received a lot of telephone calls about similar letters and that she would get back to me.

The letter itself looks like a photocopy but I could be wrong...it's totally in black and white and just doesn't seem right.

Has anyone had one of these or know anything about Lawsmiths, I can find reference to them but not at the address on the letter.

Thanks in advance.

Owl

Well having contacted eversheds and lawsmiths it would seem that Northern rock have sold a lot of their debts off. However the kind lady at lawsmiths would not tell me who their client was but that I was to stop paying eversheds and sit back and wait for correspondence from themselves. Apparently lawsmiths have over 200 cases to pick up and eversheds were early in releasing their letters to clients.

This debt is for a un secured loan originally with Northern Rock, I know this may sound dense but would there be a credit agreement signed for this? Do I just have to sit around and wait? Is there anything I can do? I don't dispute the debt ...I just want to keep paying regular amounts each month as I have been doing.

Sorry, having re-read your thread with much more care, something just doesn't sound right does it?! You've rung the number but they won't give you any details even though they admit to having loads of calls from people with this letter. And the letter is headed without prejudice which tends to suggest that the information within couldn't be relied upon in court.

Second thoughts, i'ld hang on for a more qualified comment than mine.

Good luck, regards, Dave.

• 1 month later...