Still shaking ... Mackenzie Hall - have a committed a criminal offence?

tiglet
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5807 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am no longer welcome on CAG

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Only the normal - three phone calls where they were abusive, continued phone calls after I'd formally asked them to communicate only in writing, an implication that I had a CCJ despite the fact I've looked at my credit record . Complete refusal to provide a notice of assignment or authorisation OR a Credit Agreement even after I sent them a CCA request. Failure to inform me who owned the debt, and a failure to abide by the Companies Act 2009 in terms of providing the required Stationary information on their email.

I knew the correct laws to quote, so they've disappeared off the scene... It'll probably be 1st credits turn next, but they can't do anything without a CCA.

I realise its a typo but could you tell me more.

I am no longer welcome on CAG

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

• 1 month later...

Hi

I have today received a hand posted letter with my name on the front and a scrap of paper saying ring paul on extention xxxxx

I called the number and asked what the compay was. they said j2 solutions (alas MH) but would not tell me what it did. The lady was rude and put the phone down. I called back and she keeped asking my name. I didnot give her any details as she would not tell me what she did.

I think it was a debt from 1994 that I keep getting accused of.

Not really sure anymore details but dont want them coming to the house again as it is embarising..

Any idea what i can do if they come again. can i throw them of my land etc....

Cheers

Nice One

If he come round again I will knock him out (as long as he is not bigger than me).

He will not do it again!!

Just talk to them in the same patronising way they talk to you. Violence isn't the answer. I wouldn't certainly laugh in their faces though, tell them they weren't getting a bean, call them idiots and ask them what the hell they were going to do about it! ROFL

What sort of world do you want your kids to grow up in?

Simple answer. If they call at your house TELL them to leave. They have absolutely NO LEGAL rights to be there. How polite you are is your business. Personally I would tell them to F OFF If they refuse to leave telephone your local police to report a breach of the peace. Remember they have NO rights. Do not even engage in conversation with them.

Or you could just keep telling them to come round in a few days and just keep laughing at them. LOL Surely they would stop coming round after a while. See how many times they come round. We could run an idiot doorstep collector contest. See how many times someone showed up before the penny dropped! If they really are superdumb and you get bored with them just follow ODC's advice. You have to have the stomach for such machinations though.

What sort of world do you want your kids to grow up in?

MH are not the sharpest knives in the drawer. They ar more than likely on a fishing trip. Obviously someone with a similar name or address as your partner so the monkeys have probably sent quite a few of these letters out to see if a sucker responds. Then it will be all threats and bullying. NEVER RING THEM. Your partner can write to them and ask them to prove he/she owes a debt or send them a CCA letter (template N) by recorded delivery enclosing the £1 fee. No matter which course of action he/she intends always write at the top of any letter I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE THIS OR ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY. If you start getting phone calls from them set the phone down or promises of Doorstep collectors start your own thread and you will get plenty of help in how to deal with these numpties

We have requested CCA for the t mobile debt and united utilities, we got a letter back from wescot re united utilities saying We can confirm under the terms of the comsumer credit act(exempt agreements) order 1989 article 3(1) (a) this account is not regulated by the consumer credit act and is enforcable.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?

Thanx lorraine

We have requested CCA for the t mobile debt and united utilities, we got a letter back from wescot re united utilities saying We can confirm under the terms of the comsumer credit act(exempt agreements) order 1989 article 3(1) (a) this account is not regulated by the consumer credit act and is enforcable.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?

Thanx lorraine

Wrong thread!!

• 3 months later...

Hi all. I'm sorry if this is in the wrong thread or has been discussed before.

I have a problem with Mckenzie Hall (as it seems we all have).

I owed £800 to halifax cetelem (Dixons). Last year I was contacted by MH that they were taking over the debt (before that it was Lowell contacting me). They said they would accept £500 as a settlement. (I cannot find the letter)

I payed this thinking that would be the end of it. I did ask for a letter saying I had payed, but one was never sent.

I have now been contacted by a company called "Hamptons legal" Regarding their client "Lowell portfolio 1 Ltd"

They are asking for the rest of the money (300) to be payed and are threatening court action.

When I looked at the bottom of the "hamtons legal" letter they are a "Trading Style of Lowell Finacial Ltd". Am I wrong in thinking that Mckenzie Hall is also part of Lowell?

I am totally confused by this. Do I pay? Do I take them to court before they take me? Surely if they said they would settle and clear it for 500 then that is it?

I have this feeling that I am being swindled. I would pay to get rid of them, but I'm disabled and unable to work, so I cant really afford to pay. Not with three kids to feed too.

Any advice on this matter would be greatfully accepted. Please I need your Help.

Hi.

MH are not part of Lowells.

Write to MH asking that they provide you with a letter proving the settlement of the debt or you will be forced to contact TS & OFT as they haven't passed full information about the status of the debt onto their clients.

Write to Hamptons advising the debt is in dispute and the reasons why.

Unfortunately, without a letter, it really is your word against theirs so it may prove a bit of an uphill struggle for you.

If MH don't comply, i would hit them with a SAR next.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

Mackenzie Hall

30 The Foregate

Kilmarnock

Ayrshire

KA1 1JH

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

Debit card - there will be a record of payment then. When, to whom and for what amount. Check your statements and you haven't got them get onto your bank. There may be a charge - but if you're clever you could claim this back from the greedy debt collector when you ask him for all cvosts incurred unnessecerily.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi all. Thanks for the replies.

I have heard that there is a letter that I should send Mackenzie Hall asking them for proof of payment. But i am not sure what it is called.

I think its something along the lines of proof of release of debt or satisfaction of debt.

Is it one of these or am I totally on the wrong lines?

Hi everyone.

A friend of mine has had a letter off MH chasing up an old student loan. As the loan was given (I think) by the government, are they not exempt from their own laws. e.g data protection because in any other case it would have been illegal for the lender to pass personal information to a third party (MH).

Please don't quote me on this, it's just what I've heard. Any feedback would be appreciated.:?

WOTCUMSROUND