• Tweets

• Creditors Name / Brand Acct Ref POD Balance Received (£) Claim Admitted (Y/N) Cabot Financial IVA 33749505 642.90 Y Cabot Financial IVA 35707961 8,162.07 Y Direct Legal Collections Q5180215 0.00 N Direct Legal Collections Q5185144 0.00 N Ee 157920642 0.00 N HMRC VAS JN434119D 0.00 N Lantern UK IVA M6152941 284.68 N Lloyds Bank IVA 6288 2,692.00 N Lloyds Bank IVA 30963530231568 5,596.00 N Lowell Financial 300092756 1,014.00 Y Lowell Financial 294767660 228.00 Y Lowell Financial 274783943 1,538.00 N Lowell Financial 241096338 1,343.68 Y Lowell Financial 280654617 22,446.00 Y Lowell Financial 264807132 1,189.00 Y Lowell Group 263221038 246.00 Y Perch Capital E0QZ6R22 0.00 N Zopa IVA E04E25C3B7434C8361 0.00 N Total Unsecured Creditors 58,978.33 Total SOA Claim 58,692.00 Fees and Costs £ £ Fee Type Proposed Approved Nominee Fee 1,900.00 1,900.00 Supervisor Fee 1,750.00 1,260.00 Disbursements 0.00 31.00 Adjournment Fee 0.00 0.00 Dividends Approved Dividends at first MOC (p in £) 8.87 Revised Estimated Dividend  (p in £) 8.83 Total Dividends Paid to Date (£) 276.29 Dividends Paid to Date  (p in £) 0.78 Case Details Income and Expenditure Reviewed N Arrears (Y/N) N Value of Arrears (£) 0.00 Current Balance at Bank 185.72 No. of Months Arrears 0 Original Duration of IVA 60 Payment Break Agreed (Y/N) N Current Duration of IVA 60 Breach Notice Issued (Y/N) N Subject: Request for Settlement Proposal Due to Changed Circumstances   I am writing to discuss the current status of my Individual Voluntary Arrangement (IVA), now in its 36th month. Following a recent income and expenditure review with a debt charity this morning, it has become clear that my financial situation has deteriorated significantly, making the continuation of the agreed monthly repayment of £140 unfeasible.   The primary reason for my financial hardship remains the ongoing health challenges faced by my two Sons, which have necessitated frequent hospital visits and medical care since 2017.    As a result, my employment opportunities are limited, and I am self-employed with Uber Eats to accommodate their medical appointments, hospital stays, and monthly infusions.   It is crucial to highlight that pursuing Debt Relief Orders (DRO) or bankruptcy would not yield any additional funds for creditors, as I reside in rented accommodation and possess no other assets or savings.   Furthermore, I do not foresee a change or improvement in my circumstances in the foreseeable future due to the long-term nature of my children's health conditions, and the health issues I am now suffering for to the stress of this IVA.    I have faithfully maintained my IVA payments for 36 months without missing a single installment. Regrettably, my situation has become increasingly untenable, leading to depression, anxiety, and suicidal thoughts related to the financial strain of the IVA.    To avoid defaulting on payments, I have resorted to borrowing money from friends and family, resulting in a further deterioration of my health and consequently even more debt which is definitely not the solution I expected from you.   Based on my recent income and expenditure assessment, I am currently experiencing a monthly deficit of approximately £650 due to the escalating cost of living. Therefore, I respectfully request that you propose an early settlement to my creditors, based on the payments made to date, taking into consideration the exceptional circumstances surrounding my children's health and my own mental well-being. My wife too is unwell and unable to work leaving me to look after them all with zero support from the government or council.    If it is not deemed appropriate to request an early settlement, I will have no alternative but to cancel the IVA and manage my creditors directly.   Additionally, I must convey my dissatisfaction with the service provided by Creditfix, to whom I have been referred from Hanover. The level of service at Creditfix has not met acceptable standards, and I feel confused and unsupported throughout this process. Despite my worsening situation, Creditfix has shown little interest in understanding my circumstances and instead has pressured me to increase payments. Your last email requesting modification and an increase in payments clearly demonstrated to me that you have no interest or concern for my family or my welfare and are our solely to get what you as much as you can, giving zero regard to my situation.    Lastly, I want to clarify that I have exhausted all avenues of financial support, and I do not have any friends or family who can lend me further funds to cover the outstanding amount on the IVA.   I appreciate your understanding and assistance in this matter. Please advise on the next steps and provide any necessary documentation to facilitate the negotiation of a settlement with my creditors.   I have attached a copy of my latest income and expenditure form that I completed this morning that shows how struggling I am right now and can't afford to pay this any longer.    Thank you for your attention to this urgent matter. I eagerly await your response.   Yours sincerely,
    • No because telling a story in your statement chronologically it would be out of run sequence. 
    • I have just sent my IVA company the following letter in going to wait to see it credit fox accept my request to put to my creditors or request to accept payments so far as my full settlement but I suspect credit fix will try they're best to avoid that happening - I'm confident the credited will agree but getting credit fix to agree is another story.    I have today sent them the following letter and if they don't accept I'll stop the agreement and ignore and on that instance plese help me clear all my issues guys as I'm sure I'll need lots of help to get the likes of lowell and Cabot of my back.    I do know that most thus debt was taken out around 2009 and 10 and some in 2015 meaning the original debt are all. Over 6 years for sure and I hope you guys can guide me how to deal with them now  firstly below is a list of all the creditors with amounts and some are duplicate and then followed by the letter I just sent to iva company 
    • I see CEL accepted all the stuff about you being a genuine customer and offered to settle the matter for £20. What was your logic for refusing their offer of settlement? I'm not saying you were wrong, we have plenty of cases where motorists have quite rightly told the PPCs where to stuff their £20 offers.  Just interested in your reasons for making the decisions you have been making about your case.  
    • Because its not connected to this claim.....Ideally if you had received the claim you would have requested information pursuant to CPR 31.14 and a CCA request for the agreement. DSAR only reveals your personal data held which would be minimal with the this claimant. You can leave it in if you desire but it adds no weight to your statement.   .
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

LLoyds PPI and bank charges court claims issued

Gary67
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6118 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All,

I've been a member of this site for months and spent hours reading it, it is superb.

I've only just started taking action against my bank though, and have a few quick questions, please.

I have sent my SAR request to my own bank and not the Birmingham address, surely that's ok?

My request for payment ( on another account ) has also been sent to my own branch, was that OK?

On yet another account, I only have figures for 2001-2004 so far and really want to get started on this one too. Is it OK to file this claim up to 2004 and then start another claim in a couple of weeks for the rest? I have 2 reasons for doing this, 1, I can get a move on & 2, my claim on this account is going to be for well over the 5k limit for small claims.

What would you do? Wait and hit them with one big one or start my claim now and go for 2 smaller amounts.

Also sent letter last week asking for repayment on PPI which I didn't want, I'll post about that in a different thread.

Thank you

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello All,

I've been a member of this site for months and spent hours reading it, it is superb.

I've only just started taking action against my bank though, and have a few quick questions, please.

I have sent my SAR request to my own bank and not the Birmingham address, surely that's ok? They should forward it to the correct department for you, maybe give them a chase up on 0117 943 3133

My request for payment ( on another account ) has also been sent to my own branch, was that OK? Ok, again they should forward it on.

On yet another account, I only have figures for 2001-2004 so far and really want to get started on this one too. Is it OK to file this claim up to 2004 and then start another claim in a couple of weeks for the rest? I have 2 reasons for doing this, 1, I can get a move on & 2, my claim on this account is going to be for well over the 5k limit for small claims. I think this would be OK

What would you do? Wait and hit them with one big one or start my claim now and go for 2 smaller amounts.

Also sent letter last week asking for repayment on PPI which I didn't want, I'll post about that in a different thread.

Thank you

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Barty:)

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

Hello all,

Just had a rejection letter from Lloyds, is this the usual that everyone else gets? Thank you in advance.

Dear......

Thank you for getting in touch with us. I am sorry you are unhappy about your account charges.

Like any business, we do make a charge for some of our extra services. When customers don't have enough in thier accounts to cover payment, this always means extra work-and it has to happen very quickly. We have to agree to make the payment by setting up or increasing an overdraft, or tell customers we can't agree it. We feel it's fair to charge for this service.

Of course it's only fair too, that we're completely open about any charged for services before you might need them. Thats why we take care to give every new customerthe latest guide to our charges. You can also get up to date details about fees and borrowing rates at all our branches, through our helpline and on our website.

Just as importantly, we do everything we can to help our customers avoid these charges. You can get an up to date balance at any of our cash machines, over the phone, on line and by weekly text to your mobile.

If you know a payment is going to take you over your agreed overdraft limit, you're welcome to see if there's anything we can do.

The Office of Fair Trading has published new guidelines on credit card default charges. We're still talking it through with them, but the important point is that the guidelines are about 'default' charges that people pay when they break an agreement with us. This doesn't apply to your charges as these were for dealing with your request for going over your agreed overdraft limit. They are not default charges because you haven't broken your agreement. They are our prices for the service we provide in these situations.

I understand that you also have some concerns about us sharing information about your relationship with us with the credit reference agencies we use. I'd like to reassure you that this does not apply to bank charges; we only share what is known as white data, which is information about payments to your credit card, loan or mortgage accounts.

I do hope you can see that we make our charging system as fair as possible- and why I can't agree to cancel your charges.

I hope this fully answers the points raised with us. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help. If we cannot come to an agreement, I will provide you with details of the Financial Ombudsman Service so they can consider your complaint independently.

If you are happy with the way I have dealt with your complaint, there is no need for you to reply to this letter. If I have not heard from you by 26/04/2007 I will close my file, though of course I will re-open it should you come back at any point afterwards.

Yours Sincerely

Debbie Gilbert

Hi Gary,

Completely standard. Stick to your timetable and then proceed to the LBA.

Good luck. Lucid :)

• Haha 1

Mindzai & Lucid vs Lloyds TSB

*Won unconditionally with contractual interest (29.85% compounded)

Lucid's Account - £749.62 * Joint Account - £2019.64 * Mindzai's Account - £595.65

*All settled in full - 6/2/07

*Hearings - 7/2/07

*Prelims sent - 9/8/06

_______

GOT A COURT DATE? A guide to the later stages

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I got exactly the same letter from the same person!!! Its obviously a standard as lots of other people on moneyexpert.com also received the same letter. Its a bit of a laughing joke on their forum.

Good Luck!!

Hi,

I also got the same letter yesterday and it's nice to know other people are getting the same template responses!

Bit confused now though where to send my letter before action. I sent my first claiming letter to Gresham St in London and now this response has come from debbie gilbert at the Customer Services Recovery Centre, in Andover.

Should we be sending the next letter to Andover or stick with London?

sent all mine to

Customer Care

Lloyds TSB

125 Colmore Row

Birmingham

B3 3SF

doesnt really matter as they have the power to redirect internally via snail mail

skb

ps

All of lloyds template responses can be found here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/9551-lloyds-bank-template-response.html?highlight=template+letters

your letter is in post 49 here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/9551-lloyds-bank-template-response-3.html?highlight=template+letters#post223981

Victory over Lloyds £890

Click!

Victory over Vodafone: default removal

click!

Victory over Lloyds PPI claim £2606 click!

Barclaycard lazygoing - £580 + £398 contractual int at 17.7 % click! (Received partial payment £110 21/11/06)

The GF's battle against RBS click! stayed awaiting the end of the world

The service charge argument they are giving to say it is not a penalty is very well know to the courts .It is called 'cloaking the penalty' .Just carry on as the step by step guide says :)

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

• 3 weeks later...

Evening all, this site had made enthralling reading over the past few months and I dread to think of the amount of time I've spent reading on here in that time!!

So far I have claimed back £600 with 2 claims, the outstanding larger ones are at the court stage and have obviously taking longer.

I sent a prelim letter regarding ppi on 24th March and have heard nothing, so I am tonight filling out yet another court claim, it is this I need the help with.

I took out a loan for £8150 on 12th June 01 ( just made the deadline!:) ), I was told I had to take out ppi which was added to the loan, this cost an extra £1173.33, so the total loan value was £9323.33. The repayments were £211.96 for 5 years ( 60 months ) so £12717.60 was repaid.

With the figures I have given here is there anyone who could please work out what my APR is?

The reason I ask is I would like to reclaim the interest at the same rate instead of the 8%.

Hope this makes sense, thanking you in advance:) .

Gary

• Haha 1

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

You are very welcome:D

I got a bit confused when I tried to work out % and then I found that website:p

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Hello are you all sorted with the poc now:-D

Excellent.

Will watch this space:D

On my claims for bank charges I have ticked the 'NO' box on the Human Rights Act 1998. I presume on my PPI claim I tick the 'YES' box as I am claiming the defendants actions caused me loss under article 1 of the first protocal of the Human Rights Act 1998.

Any ideas please.

Hiya Gary,

You keep on popping up:D

You are better sticking to the same thread, even if you have a new question to ask. Or we will all get confused, it doesn't take much:eek:

I would think that if you have quoted it I would tick the box. I will, because I feel it have been:D but if it gets to court we will have to prove it. Months of hardship caused by extortionate insurance fees that we did not choose and were not given a choice in.

Speak soon and keep to the same s*****g thread:D

• 2 weeks later...

Personal Account prelim letter sent 20th Feb requesting £4700.00

1st March reply from Debbie Gilbert ' she's sorry I am unhappy, but tough'.

6th March LBA

27th March Court claim for £6493.00 inc int at 8%

Defendant has until 16th April to defend..........no news yet, but from what I understand thats usual for Lloyds, expecting to hear in the next few days.

Business Account prelim letter sent 5th March requesting £4200.00

19th March LBA

2nd April Court claim for £5200 inc int at 8%

Defendant has until 30 April to defend

PPI

24th Feb prelim letter miss-sold PPI request for £1,100

6th March LBA

2nd April court claim for £1,100 + int @ 12.9% + int @ 8% = £3,000

Defendant has until 20th April to defend, no news yet.

2 small claims paid 2 weeks ago from Halifax totalling £600.

Total Lloyds claims just over £15,000 :o.

Thanks to CAG for advice and help so far, especially GaryH & Hellhasnofury.