LLoyds PPI and bank charges court claims issued

Gary67
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6118 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

She's obviously abck for round two - hubby and I are filing our claims next week.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

that's the reply I got, do I send my court papers to Andover or the Leeds one I have been using. This letter I got came from Andover.

From here on I sent my letters to:-

Lloyds TSB Bank PLC

25 Gresham St

London

EC2V 7HN

hi all.

i sent all letters to andover.

Although it took them a week to pay up, I had to phone thier solicitors in in Brighton and they paid within the hour. I have just recieved another charge of £130, that will be debited from account 1st May.

Cheecky bleeders!!!!

OH, they did settle in full, with an extra £100, now I know why.

GOOD LUCK everyone.

Acknowledgement of Service received today from Foot Anstey Solicitors regarding the business account.

They've acknowledged 10 days early :eek:.

No news yet on the PPI claim, was expecting to hear about that one today, probably coming from [problem] then:rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Although I never started a thread when I first reclaimed my ppi charges, I did start this thread so this'll do!!!

Guess what......

With huge thanks to Hellhasnofury..........

THEY PAID IN FULL TODAY :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Well done Gary,

Hope you spend it wisely now...:):D

Ian

Can you also please stick a post in the PPI Success thread.. It just help me keep track a bit too..

• Haha 1

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

• 4 weeks later...

So far won 2 claims, both at the court stage.

My third claim has left me a bit lost!!!!

Filed my claim with the court and got to the AQ stage and was just waiting for Lloyds to file their AQ but the deadline came and went, the court gave them another 2 weeks to comply and STILL there was nothing.

I then asked for judgement which was granted and phoned [problem] to tell them I had judgement, but they really didn't care.

So I applied for the bailiffs to go and collect and told [problem] the bailiffs were coming, [problem] STILL didn't care.

I've spoken with the Bailiffs and it seems to be these warrants aren't worth anything. The bailiffs are only allowed into the foyer of Gresham St, from there they can do nothing.

So even with a judgement AND a Bailiffs warrant I still have not received any of the owed money.

Any suggestions as to what I can do next please??

How much is your claim for? There are a number of actions that you may take depending on how much money you are owed.

Successful collection of monies owed also depends on your choice of Bailiff. County Court Bailiffs have a woefully inadequate record of success and, depending on how much you are owed, there are various other methods you may employ.

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received

Any ideas anyone???

The Judgement does say that goods may be removed and further costs may also apply.

Has anyone else got this far and not received their money?

I think I read somewhere that the bailiffs once turned up at a main branch and got the cash, but it seems this warrant only applies to Gresham St.

As your claim is for over £5000 you cannot use County Court Bailiffs and you must issue a High Court Warrant or a writ of Fieri Facias, which are the High Court equivalent of a County Court Warrant of Execution. This will be collected by a High Court Enforcement officer of Sheriff’s Officer.

The High Court Enforcement Officer can force entry into commercial properties, including shops (and of course banks) in order to execute the writ and they are paid on results, although High Court procedure is different from county courts and can be complicated and more expensive.

You will need a Certificate of Judgment. This has details of your case and says how much you are owed. To request this you need form N293A Combined certificate of judgment and request for writ of fieri facias or writ of possession.

When you get form N293A, you must complete part 1, and send it to the court where the judgment was made. If you do not complete it fully the court may have to return it to you. You must state:

• the date of judgment and the amount the order was made for, including any additional costs allowed by the court since judgment; and
  • the total of any interest that has accrued on the judgment, and if appropriate, the daily rate.

As with the County Court however, if your warrant fails for any reason then you will not be able to recover the costs, which in the High Court can run to over £1000.

I would be very surprised if High Court Enforcement Officers did not collect, they are paid on results, unlike their County Court colleagues and therefore tend to be more thorough.

I am guessing therefore that you have attempted to collect this by using County Court Bailiffs, is this correct?

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

It will simply not be collected as County Court Bailiffs cannot collect sums over £5000.

You must apply for and issue a writ of fieri facias - see above for details of how to do that and come back if you have any questions.

• Haha 1

GRRRRRRR:mad:

Should be happy!!!!

Had 2 phone calls from [problem] today, one to say they are dealing with my case this afternoon and a cheque will be sent out tomorrow and another to sk if I wanted it paid straight into my account now.

I took the 'now' option and trotted off to my nearest Lloyds to withdraw the money after hearing on here that it is possible the ******** sometimes take it back.

At my nearest Lloyds they told me they could not release the money and I had to go to my main branch and see the manager, oh, and take along your partner as its a joint account, oh and be there by 5, which gave me half an hour to pick up girlfriend and drive 15 miles in rush hour traffic.

Well, we made it with 2 mins to spare and the manager was in a meeting and still they refused to allow a withdrawal on the account as the manager wasn't available, the message he sent through was we were not expected until tomorrow morning!! What time tomorrow morning is he expecting us I asked, he can see you at 2 o'clock tomorrow afternoon came the reply:rolleyes: . Ever had the feeling someone is taking the pee??

So came away with no money, even though the account is very much in the black and have to go back tomorrow ( another 30 mile round trip ) because some idiot at Lloyds wants to see us before we are allowed to withdraw OUR money.

Just glad we have opened other accounts because can't wait to see this asshole tomorrow.

So good news they paid, bad news can't get hold of the money.

I really hate this bank.