Lulu99 v Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6146 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Things just seem to be getting from bad to worse for me on a daily basis.

I sent off prelim letters to Halifax on 24th April. For some reason I thought I sent em off on the 27th, and was wondering why I hadn't had a reply.

I was ablout to sent a LBA letter wheen I double checked the date.

I DID in fact send it on the 24th April by RECORDED DELIVERY.

I decided to check to make sure it had been signed for and that I am within my 2 weeks.

WHEN to my ****ing horror I have discovered by phoning the post office that it has in fact GOT LOST.

No wonder Iv had no aknowledgment (not that I thought I would anyway!!), they havent even recieved it.

It hasn't come back to me, so SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE HAS GOT MY BANK DETAILS!!

I am so p****d off I cant begin to tell you.

Iv got proof of posting , but thats all, and apparantly all I can do is get an N1 form from the post office and claim the money back for the recorded delivery!!!!

WHERE IS MY LETTER!!!! WHOSE GOT MY BANK DETAILS!!!!!

ITS A DISGRACE . so BEWARE OF THE RECORDED DELIVERY SERVICE.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Even Worse Is That The Halifax Have Changed Their Policy In The Interim Period (wef 2nd May) And Are Now Being Much More Obstructive !!!!!

All comments are my personal views - if in doubt then seek professional advice. If you think i've helped then please tip my scales.

Guest ed/b

I had a similar problem with my recorded mail, Ive sent 3 recorded letters one being the very first letter reclaiming charges this was sent 1st march, ive had a reply to this letter so i know it was recieved, but royal mail do not have a record of this. also afew days ago had a similar situation where royal mail could not trace my letter(this actually being real important one declining there offer) I contacted halifax myself and got confirmation that my letter was recieved. I think royal mail are having problems with updating there system by the look of things. hope it is just an error that has happened in your situation and your letter is where it should be

good luck

I have no alternative but to re-write a new prelim letter and begin yet another 14 day wait.

I intend to carry out an investigation as to the whereabouts of my original letter.

Obviously recorded delivery isn't safe and reliable , but what alternative s do we have??

My main concern here is the fact that someone, has got my account details etc.

Hi Lulu,

I've just had my full claim paid back into my account on Wednesday, £1,600+, without any further corresponence from halifax. I've read a lot of threads that halifax have changed their tact, but does that matter?? As long as you stick to the timescales and use the correct templates and wording from this site then you will get your money back!

I was 18 days into MCOL with acknowledgement made by halifax with their intent to defend. They obviously do not want to do that at court as what they are doing is illegal and immoral!!

Stick with it, YOU WILL WIN!!

Hi Lulu just found your thread, re the charges, the halifax did the same with us, they just sent us a list of charges we sent a prelim off and they responded within fourteen days.

It was the usual, complaint not justified, so the LBA goes out tommorow

good luck with your claim

Hi Lulu just found your thread, re the charges, the halifax did the same with us, they just sent us a list of charges we sent a prelim off and they responded within fourteen days.

It was the usual, complaint not justified, so the LBA goes out tommorow

good luck with your claim

Good luck with your LBA . I have got to write another prelim and send that off. But I dont trust the recorded delivery service now.

As if havent got enuff to do. I have now got to start chasing Royal Mail now to find out where my letter is and who has got it plus my bank details.

Lulu, dont woory so much about the recorded delivery not showing as being signed for. It dosnt mean your letter is lost, in fact it was probably delivered without problem. I used to work for the Royal Mail and the procedure when a delivery of recordeds and specials are made to a company is different to when it is to a private address. They will probably get hundreds of signed for items every day so each one wont be signed for individually, the stickers are all entered onto long sheets and then only one signature is taken forthe full total. These 'should' all then be scanned individually but this dosnt always happen but it does not mean your letter didnt arrive.

As if havent got enuff to do. I have now got to start chasing Royal Mail now to find out where my letter is and who has got it plus my bank details.

'IF' your letter was lost the Royal Mail would not be able to trace it anyway, the best thing to do is ring the Halifax to see how your claim is progressing. (Dont let them know that you are checking if your letter has arrived or they may tell you they didnt recieve it as a stalling tactic)

'IF' your letter was lost the Royal Mail would not be able to trace it anyway, the best thing to do is ring the Halifax to see how your claim is progressing. (Dont let them know that you are checking if your letter has arrived or they may tell you they didnt recieve it as a stalling tactic)

Thanks 1stlifeline.

What if I do that though and they genuinly havnt recieved it? Do I play my face and pretend they are lying to me or do I just send another prelim or the LBA??

This is driving me bananas!!:-x

Guess i will have to wait until Monday now anyway to phone them, so I will keep you posted.

Well after all my latest kerfuffle regarding the royal Mail not delivering my prelim letter, things have changed.

It appears that Halifax DID in fact respond to me on the 27th April. I found the letter and had totally totally forgot about it!!!!

Halifax must have signed for it as part of a bundle and not individually. They got it so that all that really matters.

Good job I didnt sent another prelim letter.

My hubby reminded me that they had responded by saying my claim was being investigated and they will let me know of the outcome in 4 weeks.

I argued , and swore blind that they hadn't, THEN I found the letter!! So Hands up it was my fault!!!!!!

ANYWAY I phoned the Halifax yesterday and asked how my claim was progressing. I was told that they have until the 27th May to reply to me , and that I will hear something by that time.

They have just over a week to cough up.

Do you think I should still send a LBA???

Guest littlesally

Wait until the 14 days are up.

You have to be seen to be doing the right thing, especially now with the court going in favour of the bank - which I believe was down to poor wording.

Do everything the way it's all set out,

Sally x

Ignore THEIR timetable - you are steering this boat now. You sent prelim 27/04/07 right. Then you can send LBA now, give them another 14 days to respond and then file either MCOL or N1. If you are claiming benefits you can claim exemption or remission, whichever applies.

I have debt problems and 2 years ago I went to CCCS (who quite often appear on BBC advising on debt matters) and they put me on a payment plan. They contact your creditors and arrange for the interest these companies/banks etc to be frozen. As I am now claiming my unfair charges back I hope to reduce my debt mountain sooner rather than later. They can be found on the www.

Hope these 'phone calls stop soon. I hate harrassment by these big corporations. Who do they think they are? After all, you now have hundreds of friends. I don't know if I am allowed to make this offer but if you want to PM me with your charges and applicable dates I will work out the 8% for you as it starts from the 1st charge and stops when you file at court, when you then claim so much per day.

Ignore THEIR timetable - you are steering this boat now. You sent prelim 27/04/07 right. Then you can send LBA now, give them another 14 days to respond and then file either MCOL or N1. If you are claiming benefits you can claim exemption or remission, whichever applies.

I have debt problems and 2 years ago I went to CCCS (who quite often appear on BBC advising on debt matters) and they put me on a payment plan. They contact your creditors and arrange for the interest these companies/banks etc to be frozen. As I am now claiming my unfair charges back I hope to reduce my debt mountain sooner rather than later. They can be found on the www.

Hope these 'phone calls stop soon. I hate harrassment by these big corporations. Who do they think they are? After all, you now have hundreds of friends. I don't know if I am allowed to make this offer but if you want to PM me with your charges and applicable dates I will work out the 8% for you as it starts from the 1st charge and stops when you file at court, when you then claim so much per day.

Thank you Sallysas. I sent the prelim on 24th April and they sent me a letter on the 27th April saying they were investigating my claim.

I have already contacted the cccs and they have sent me copies of my income and outgoings and told me to offer token payments to each of my creditors, and to send them all a copy.

I have done this, but the phonecalls keep coming despite this,, asking for full payment.

Thankyou for your offer, it is very much appreciated. I will pm you tomorrow evening.

I will send them a LBA tomorrow.

This is getting nerve racking now, it looks like they are going to take it right to the bone.

Thanks again.

Hey Lulu

Following your case with interest, how are things going? where ar eyou up to?

Stu :)

Hi Stu.

I am about to sent the LBA letter. They have around 1 week left to give me my cash back.

I spoke to Halifax yesterday on the phone, and they said they have till the 27th May to reply to me.

OMG I am bricking it!!!!!

I will take it to the finish line. I aint quitting now.

I am also getting started on Credit cards next. All 4 of them so watch this space Stu. :evil: :evil:

Yeah stick it out and take them all the way....i'm rooting for you!! I'm 10days in, in waiting for my statements!! So, watching your case with great interest.

keep it up!

Stu. ;)

T

I will send them a LBA tomorrow.

This is getting nerve racking now, it looks like they are going to take it right to the bone.

Hi lulu,

Don't think of it as nerve racking, think of it as when the fun truely begins;)

Once you commence court proceedings they know you mean business, their ears prick up to attention, and before you know it (unfortunately, usually after a lot of waiting) a nice fat chq arrives on your doormat, and low-and-behold it's victory dance time:D

:DSUCCESSESS:D

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/31683-muggins73-natwest.html

:)CURRENT CLAIMS:)

HALIFAX03

19-SEPT-07 APPLICATION TO HAVE STAY LIFTED

02-OCT-07 APPLICATION REFUSED

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Hi lulu,

Don't think of it as nerve racking, think of it as when the fun truely begins;)

Once you commence court proceedings they know you mean business, their ears prick up to attention, and before you know it (unfortunately, usually after a lot of waiting) a nice fat chq arrives on your doormat, and low-and-behold it's victory dance time:D

I was wondering - How do they actually pay?

Do they send a cheque through post, or do they put the money directly into your account????

The money will just turn up in your account. They dont bother to tell you. So that is why its advisable to always keep checking.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .