• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

yorkshirerose v lloyds tsb

yorkshirerose270
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6119 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all, just an update and a few questions i have, i wonder if any1 could help me with?

Received aq, came on here for advice on how to fill it out, seen the post about the new tactic to fill in on the n149, section g, but am quite confused (doesnt take much lol), when reading the post it threw me as there seemed to be two letters to attatch? and i am embarrased to say...i do not know what a court bundle is:?:

I would appreciate any1s help, thanks, lisa

Some people bring happiness wherever they go..others, when they go:)

No probs Lisa,

There are currently 2 different methods of response with regard to your AQ.

Please find a link to both methods, and it is up to you which method you use.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/11644-allocation-questionnaires-guide-completion.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/57708-draft-order-allocation-questionnaires.html

In my opinion the new method (With Draft order) is the best, as it forces Lloyds to act in a certain timeframe and makes it more difficult for them to stall. :grin: However, you too have to ensure you have all your info in by the set date or your claim could be struck out.:eek:

It is up to the judge if he uses the draft order. Some have, some have not. If the judge does not order it, then he will order standard disclosure as he would have with the other method anyway. So i don't think you have anything to lose with using the new draft order.

With the original strategy there is a passage of text to help you to fill out Section G.

With the new draft order strategy there is a passage of text for section G and also the draft order which you also need to copy then edit with your details.

Embarrassed? no need for that! ;)

The court bundle is not required until the next stage if you get a court hearing. Your claim might well be settled before you need to submit it.

you can download the court bundle here:-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/33060-basic-court-bundle.html

I wouldn't print it yet, as there is a lot of info, and as i said you might not even need it.

Pondy

LloydsTSB - Current Account claim £5,554 settled unconditionally 25.4.2007 :D

If the Pondfish has helped click his scales! ;-)

Please donate to this site if you can! :-)

Hi Lisa,

No need to thank me, i enjoy helping if i can. :D People have been so good to me on this site, it's great to feel you are giving something back!

I think a cheque is OK Lisa - ring the court and ask, they have been very helpful when i have rung them.

Pondy :)

LloydsTSB - Current Account claim £5,554 settled unconditionally 25.4.2007 :D

If the Pondfish has helped click his scales! ;-)

Please donate to this site if you can! :-)

• 3 months later...

Hi all...well here's my most recent update, and may I say I have not been keeping my posts up to date...I have a Husband in Iraq and three children to look after, so please bear with me!

I am doing this claim for my Husband, his court date was yesterday, He sent a letter to the judge explaining he would not be able to attend as he has been deployed to Iraq.

So he called the court today, as they wouldnt speak to me about it, from what my Hubby was saying he didn't really understand the lady's legal talk on the phone lol, but from what I can gather the Judge has ordered another date in two weeks time...I don't know why this is, I don't even know if Lloyds turned up...I put together a very good court bundle of which confused the heck out of me at first, but I got there in the end, and I managed to present, with two weeks to spare, a very proffessional lookin g court bundle. i never received on e from Lloyds, and have had no correspondence from them since they sent their defence.

I wonder if anyone could please share their opinion on what's happening with the court, and any ideas of what I should do next? Thank you in anticipation.....

I feel rather disheartened with the whole thing now, and fear I have lost the case. I do not understand why it got to the court stage anyway, maybe it was because my court bundle wasn't uo to sratch, and SC&M thought it would get thrown out?

I put alot of work into the court bundle, and I thought it was very impressive...I was quite proud of it....I did everything by the book and by no means did I think of it as a get rich quick scheme.

I would appreciate anyone elses thoughts on this.....:confused:

Hi all...well here's my most recent update, and may I say I have not been keeping my posts up to date...I have a Husband in Iraq and three children to look after, so please bear with me!

I am doing this claim for my Husband, his court date was yesterday, He sent a letter to the judge explaining he would not be able to attend as he has been deployed to Iraq.

So he called the court today, as they wouldnt speak to me about it, from what my Hubby was saying he didn't really understand the lady's legal talk on the phone lol, but from what I can gather the Judge has ordered another date in two weeks time...I don't know why this is, I don't even know if Lloyds turned up...I put together a very good court bundle of which confused the heck out of me at first, but I got there in the end, and I managed to present, with two weeks to spare, a very proffessional lookin g court bundle. i never received on e from Lloyds, and have had no correspondence from them since they sent their defence.

I wonder if anyone could please share their opinion on what's happening with the court, and any ideas of what I should do next? Thank you in anticipation.....

"bumped"!

hang in there, a MOD will be along presently.:D:) :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]if my response has been of help to you, please click on my scales. thank you:)

Do you feel up to acting on your Husband's behalf? If so I think you can write to the court requesting this.

broke dave v LTSB WON £3840 2 weeks before court.

Mrs broke dave v Barclays accepted offer £355.

broke dave v LTSB (Business) Prelim stage.

broke dave v LTSB (2nd Claim) LBA stage.

hi thanks for your reply...yes I my hubby is gonna write to the court stating he gives permission for me to act on his behalf...so is that whats happened...ive been bumped lol...what does that mean?

BUMP is Bring Up My Post - it is a way of getting your post back to the top if no-one has answered your question.

Hi Lisa, once the court get written confirmation that you can act on your hubby's behalf then they will give you the info regarding his case. (although when I claimed last year, they spoke to me no probs, even tho it was my hubby's name on the forms) usually you would get info through the post from the court. It sounds like the judge made another date, probably because neither party turned up. It might be worth trying to speak to a court clerk again, explain the situation, and a letter is on the way etc. It does sound like Lloyds probably didn't supply a bundle...was it a proper hearing?

When you get the info from the court then we will be in a better position to advise.

In the meantime, sit tight and chin up:) it doesn't sound too drastic.

Once the court have received the letter giving permission for you to act on your Husband's behalf they will start to be helpful. Don't panic; at least another date has been set. You'll soon have your money

• Haha 1

thank you for your help...I checked on line today and I have recieved partial payment! its not the full amount...about five hundred pounds short....does any1 have any ideas what happens next? have had no correspondence from the court or lloyds....

Hi yorkshirerose,

just subscribing to your thread as a fellow yorkie & to add a few words of support & encouragement of my own; I can't imagine how it must be for you & your family with your husband away in Iraq.

There's little I can add to the excellent advice you've received here already. I'm sure every single person on this site is right behind you with this one. If it ever comes to court, I'd be VERY interested to see what the judge (or the press?) makes of Lloyds ripping your husband off whilst he's away :mad: .

All my best wishes & good luck with your claim :)

McIavelli (I'm not that devious really)

Send the rejection letter (template is on this site) and keep to the timescales set by the court.

Hi yorkshirerose,

just subscribing to your thread as a fellow yorkie & to add a few words of support & encouragement of my own; I can't imagine how it must be for you & your family with your husband away in Iraq.

There's little I can add to the excellent advice you've received here already. I'm sure every single person on this site is right behind you with this one. If it ever comes to court, I'd be VERY interested to see what the judge (or the press?) makes of Lloyds ripping your husband off whilst he's away :mad: .

All my best wishes & good luck with your claim :)

McIavelli (I'm not that devious really)

Hi McIavelli...

Thank you so much for your kind words and advice...the court date was on the 19th..havent got a clue what went on lol....all I know is that lloyds paid up 2,500 woooohoooo lol its five hundred short than the original amount but im gonna press for that too!!! its cheered me up nooo end lol...and there's no way I would have won if it hadn't been for this site...so as soon as the money clears im gonna send some to CAG with grateful thanks...i ididnt think i would win when lloyds hadn't settled before court and was very disheartened...ps the press idea is a good one...didnt think of that:)

Kind regards

Lisa