Bwdski Vs Robinson Way & Co - Urgent

bwdski
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5843 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received a letter with the heading "NOTICE OF LEGAL PROCEEDINGS" from Robinson Way & Co on the 12/02/07

Letter1.jpg

To which I replied on the 14/02/07, asking for a copy of the credit agreement. I incuded a cheque for £1.00 to cover the costs of this.

MyLetter.jpg

This morning, I received another letter from Robinson Way & Co acknowledging my payment of £1.00 - not for a copy of my credit agreement, but to take off my debt!!

Letter2.jpg

I have a couple of questions, after reading other people's posts about Robinson Way & Co.

1) Does the 12 days they have to supply me with my credit agreement still stand?

2) I sent a cheque to obtain a copy of my credit agreement, they've used it against my debt - are they allowed to do this?

and 3rd and most importantly for me...

3) What do I do next?

Your replies will be greatly appreciated.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as your letter clearly stated that the £1 was to cover the cost of the CCA request then you need to do nothing. Its their mistake and after 12 days + 30 they are committing a criminal offence to pursue you any further.

Sit back and wait for them to break this.... Which they probably will

As long as your letter clearly stated that the £1 was to cover the cost of the CCA request then you need to do nothing. Its their mistake and after 12 days + 30 they are committing a criminal offence to pursue you any further.

Sit back and wait for them to break this.... Which they probably will

I stated in the letter that I sent that the £1.00 was to cover the fee.

exact words were:

I understand that under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (Sections 77-79),

I am entitled to receive a copy of my credit agreement on request.

I enclose a payment of £1.00 which represents the fee payable under the Consumer Credit Act.

Now if that isn't clear enough for them then I don't know what is.

Bwd, they sent me exactly the same letter regarding charging the £1 against your alleged debt - This is apparantly a normal tactic used by DCA's.

The chap before me is right, just wait until the alloted time is up before you make your next move.

Did you send the CCA request by registered mail?

• Haha 1

Bwd, they sent me exactly the same letter regarding charging the £1 against your alleged debt - This is apparantly a normal tactic used by DCA's.

The chap before me is right, just wait until the alloted time is up before you make your next move.

Did you send the CCA request by registered mail?

I sent it by recorded delivery.

But it's not showing up on the Royal Mail Website.

I know they've received it, as the cheque was included in the letter.

What happens after their 12 days are up?

And what happens after 30 days?

The 12 days mans they are in default.

If they fail to produce a legibile true signed copy of your CCA after further 30 days (from receival) then they are committing an offence if they attempt to collect monies owed to you.

Please keep your thread updated as many of us are in similar (or identical) situations as yourself.

(Read my thread to read about the letter they most probably will send next )

The 12 days mans they are in default.

If they fail to produce a legibile true signed copy of your CCA after further 30 days (from receival) then they are committing an offence if they attempt to collect monies owed to you.

Please keep your thread updated as many of us are in similar (or identical) situations as yourself.

(Read my thread to read about the letter they most probably will send next )

I will keep you updated.

Have you got a link to your post?

Thank you!!!

This is very usual for RW...Who are they acting for ie , who owns the debt?..You should have written I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY' in your CCA...but too late for that now..don't worry...Yuou'll probably get another letter very soon saying they've requested the info of off their clients...

Just hate every DCA out there

This is very usual for RW...Who are they acting for ie , who owns the debt?..You should have written I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY' in your CCA...but too late for that now..don't worry...Yuou'll probably get another letter very soon saying they've requested the info of off their clients...

All the information is in my first post.

I've received a letter from them this morning.

It is very ineresting that... on the top of the "Notice of Legal Proceedings", it also says "This is not a court document".

This could therefore be a scare tactic to get you to pay up. However, if they don't have a CCA, then there is no legal action that they can take anyway. Wait and see what turns up.

:)

• Haha 1

Not sure you read my post properly, bacause I don't understand your reply :)

What letter did you receive from them this morning? The one saying they've requested the info ?

It's the last letter that I received today.

The one with the date of the 19th February on it.

On the back of your recorded delivery receipt, there is a 'phone number. Try ringing that number for confirmation that the CCA has been delivered... the website may not always be updated as quickly as we would like.

As for your letter dated 19th February.... this is a very common tactic, as has already been mentioned. They may be trying to get a reaction from you. They have obviously received your request because your cheque was cashed....so don't worry. The clock is still ticking for them to comply. There is no need for you to get in touch to remind them of their obligations... it would just be playing into their hands. They should have been aware of their obligations before chasing you for payment. Do nothing... no CCA = no enforceable debt.

It is very ineresting that... on the top of the "Notice of Legal Proceedings", it also says "This is not a court document".

It's more interesting that RW&C say that it's valid even if you don't read it! :lol:

When you ring the 0845 No on the back of the Rec/Del receipt, do the computer stuff and then ask to speak to a 'real' person. (!) The last time I spoke with the nice Royal Mail person he e-mailed me the proof of delivery within an hour.

Good luck, Dave.

It's more interesting that RW&C say that it's valid even if you don't read it! :lol:

When you ring the 0845 No on the back of the Rec/Del receipt, do the computer stuff and then ask to speak to a 'real' person. (!) The last time I spoke with the nice Royal Mail person he e-mailed me the proof of delivery within an hour.

Good luck, Dave.

I missed that bit!!..:D .. VALID EVEN IF NOT READ BY YOU!!...:D ..:D

Even more interesting is the fact that they are giving their reply address as 24 Mount Street, Manchester. I'm a truck driver in Mcr city centre and RW&C haven't been at 24 Mount Street for over a year now, they're now on Salford Quays!

London Scottish Bank / Robinson Way - Manchester's Own Jobs site, Jobs in Manchester from My Manchester Jobs-

• Haha 1

On the back of your recorded delivery receipt, there is a 'phone number. Try ringing that number for confirmation that the CCA has been delivered... the website may not always be updated as quickly as we would like.

As for your letter dated 19th February.... this is a very common tactic, as has already been mentioned. They may be trying to get a reaction from you. They have obviously received your request because your cheque was cashed....so don't worry. The clock is still ticking for them to comply. There is no need for you to get in touch to remind them of their obligations... it would just be playing into their hands. They should have been aware of their obligations before chasing you for payment. Do nothing... no CCA = no enforceable debt.

Thanks for that.

Some good advice from you.

Received another letter from them today.

Further to your recent letter, you can see the terms and conditions on the website. These are the terms you agree too when you register with them.

The above balance is due, please forward this by return.

Their spelling, not mine.

Letter3.jpg

Do I still do nothing and allow the timelines to pass?

This seems like they're not going to supply them to me

if there is no CCA then there is no debt - congratulations!!

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON