Another charge on top of another.

1stlifeline
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6300 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sooooo fed up. Last week was charged for 2 DDS that I hadnt got the cash in account to cover. My own fault I know. The Halifax took 2 x £39 out of my account and now my next DD has failed. I cant catch up, we are paying of credit cards and loans and can just about manage but its a vicious circle. Every time they take charges out Im short for the next payment. We dont have enough cash to play catch up. Have tried talking to them but they wont help. I have now cancelled all the DDs which come out of one account so that I wont incur another charge but this has now left us with the electric people wanting over £100 in a lump from us and also the car insurance wanting over £200. I just feel like running away, I now need to put £135 in the bank plus the mortgage money before the first of the month and I know we cant raise it. They have taken £147 in charges in the last month, Im at my wits end with it.

Thanks for letting me moan.

Same old story Im affraid we have all been there so we know what you are going through, you are in good company here.

Do your wages get paid into this account ? if not could someone else pay your priority bills by debit card if you give them the cash ? then let the halifax wait and in the mean time send the prem letter.

Good Luck.

Brecken xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This is what has been happening to my daughter, who would not let me help her sort out her finances, a single parent (now) with two youngsters and a mortgage, working full-time, she has just received the first statement from her bank for bank charges in the last 13 months following first letter to them requesting these details - and even she is staggered by the amount they have taken from her - the food from my grandchildren's mouths, £1815 in charges and £92 in interest - £150 a month - I am on the war path. Why I am writing 1stlifeline - can you confide in your family- you, I am sure would feel a lot better

Thanks for the replies. I know its not just us that are in this position but it helps just to be able to post on here and know you are not just being judged. I do confide in my partner but I dont really want the rest of the family involved. My partner and I are in this together so Im not really without help its just that Im finding it so hard to deal with. I dont have a wage, Im self employed (only for the last 6 months) and hoped to be making money faster than I am. It just seems that each day I am struggling to take enough to be able to bank enough to cover the next days direct denits. I have sent off for my statements and we are in the process of selling the house and also agreeing payments with our creditors. I know that if we can get over the next 6 months or so we will be in a much better position. Its just the small things that get you, the car is due for MOT this Friday and also needs an exhaust. It also needs taxing on March 1st. Without the car i cant get to work, without the MOT I cant tax it but I cant afford to MOT it. Talk about a vicious circle.:-|

I have spent many hours today reading these threads, they are an inspiration, I have not incurred bank charges myself, but hope - with the help of this site - to get every last penny from the bank that has been taken from my daughter's bank account, who has been playing catch up every month for years. Do you claim all that you are entitled to 1stlifeline ? Family credit and child tax credits, working tax credits, council tax benefits - have you had a benefits health check? I know you are working, but maybe there are some things that you are entitled to.

hi i sent halifax a list of all charges for the last 4 years, along with the LBA[didnt bother with the prelin], on the 14th day they rang me and offered me half, i told her no, and i would be filing my claim the next day

she immediately offered the full amount, and i had a cheque within a week

go for it, dont accept an offer

Bob